Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Guide
Unhappy Suicide attempt

Just wanted to share this because i never have with anyone, and its one of those strange moments that stuck with me. Maybe it will impact someone for the better or even prevent a(nother) tragedy

It was a dark time when i felt trapped by parents and school bullying. (This school recently made WORLDWIDE headlines after a suicide). U likely know the persons name but i wont say now. One day in particular i finally had it all planned out, if i didnt do it i woulda ran away. I had my belongings and as much cash i could get. As i was on my way i expected many calls from people wondering where i was, but NOBODY called. (Remember that fact). That was likely the saviour, i probably just wanted the attention but never got it. I think if my phone was blowing up i woulda felt even more trapped and went through with it. I trekked it through pouring rain, out of the city and onto some train tracks attempting to reach a major bridge. But confusing highways had me take a wrong turn. If i had reached that bridge i may have jumped or crossed it to run away forever.

Anyways, having no clue where i was, pouring rain, slpashed and honked at by semi trucks driving by, it was surreal. I was defeated. Clearly must have looked out of place because a cop car eventually picked me up. Told them a ** story, they thought i was on drugs but showed no side effects.

Heres the kicker... I later found out that my phone wasnt even working. For some inexplicable reason my phone plan had been completly cancelled. Years later, thinking back i thought maybe i did it in many other realities or previous lives so the energy just transferred over which for some reason had someone cancel my phone. But i now know someone was watching over me. The phone cancellation remains a miracle.

I still dont know my major purpose other than affecting lives around me in small ways. But every dark or sad day, i think about that fateful day. I know theres more and hopefully the darkest days r behind me.

Keep your head up. Theres more than we know
Old 04-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Suspended
Guide

I'm so sorry you went through such a dark period ...
I completely understand ...
I think back on my grieving days, they use to make me shutter ...
It's interesting how our intentions can be derailed so easily ...
People need to know they are not alone ...
I'm glad you posted ...
Old 04-01-2017, 11:02 PM
Master
Brucely, thank you so much for sharing your story. ((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))

I'm glad you are here.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Knower

Brucely, I'm glad you got through those days! Keep that positive attitude, I imagine that story might help lots of people!
Old 12-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Master
Brucely, thank you for sharing about this; know you are not alone. The saying is that we have to first go through hell to get to heaven; but I imagine some people’s portion of hell can be more challenging than that of what other people might go through; still its not a contest about who has it the worst; to each the experience of their pain is paramount. The spiritual journey has ups and downs; we climb a peak only to go back down into the valley so that we can climb an even greater peak. After awhile of traveling the spiritual path the lows become higher than previous peaks. It can be difficult living around others who don't respect you.

I have a very fulfilling life right now but it was not always that way; most have had their dark nights of the soul. I almost committed suicide when I was with the U.S. Army in Vietnam. I was on guard duty one night and I was miserable. I had automatic weapons and hand grenades with me sitting a top a bunker made of sandbags. It was about 3am and I was overwhelmed by that war, seeing so much death, etc., and I did not want to live. I was ready to pull the pin on a hand grenade and hold it to my chest, when my sergeant came up behind me and asked me how things were going. I now consider it a miracle that my sergeant walked up on me in time; that small gesture gave me pause which allowed me to come home to the U.S. in one piece.

Lots of people contemplate suicide but some are renewed by the spirit within. The darkness is nothing more than the shadow of the light. The light of God is there with us even in our darkest hour. All is well, even in our darkest hour all is well. Don’t let go of hope, even though things may seem dark and dismal, that sacred divinity is always with us. We don’t always get what we want and sometimes we even lose what we had; what we cherished; still divine unconditional love flourishes within us. Even in our darkest hour it will never abandon us; the light of all lights is there just right below the surface within you; allow it to come forth and shine through. Blessings go with you on your journey.
Old 14-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Guide
<3 you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Brucely, thank you for sharing about this; know you are not alone. The saying is that we have to first go through hell to get to heaven; but I imagine some people’s portion of hell can be more challenging than that of what other people might go through; still its not a contest about who has it the worst; to each the experience of their pain is paramount. The spiritual journey has ups and downs; we climb a peak only to go back down into the valley so that we can climb an even greater peak. After awhile of traveling the spiritual path the lows become higher than previous peaks. It can be difficult living around others who don't respect you.

I have a very fulfilling life right now but it was not always that way; most have had their dark nights of the soul. I almost committed suicide when I was with the U.S. Army in Vietnam. I was on guard duty one night and I was miserable. I had automatic weapons and hand grenades with me sitting a top a bunker made of sandbags. It was about 3am and I was overwhelmed by that war, seeing so much death, etc., and I did not want to live. I was ready to pull the pin on a hand grenade and hold it to my chest, when my sergeant came up behind me and asked me how things were going. I now consider it a miracle that my sergeant walked up on me in time; that small gesture gave me pause which allowed me to come home to the U.S. in one piece.

Lots of people contemplate suicide but some are renewed by the spirit within. The darkness is nothing more than the shadow of the light. The light of God is there with us even in our darkest hour. All is well, even in our darkest hour all is well. Don’t let go of hope, even though things may seem dark and dismal, that sacred divinity is always with us. We don’t always get what we want and sometimes we even lose what we had; what we cherished; still divine unconditional love flourishes within us. Even in our darkest hour it will never abandon us; the light of all lights is there just right below the surface within you; allow it to come forth and shine through. Blessings go with you on your journey.

I can imagine how horrible that would be. I know someone who was in the navy who told me the story of when she wanted to jump off the boat. Its crazy how many suicides there are in any service. Even firefighters have a suprisingly high rate
Old 14-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Master
It is documented that medical doctors, including psychiatrists, and also dentists, have the highest suicide rate of any profession in the U.S.; and it is believed that this is because they do not seek help. Instead many will diagnose and treat themselves without success. It is the same with military folks; the tough warrior ethos sees asking for help with emotional issues as being weak.

The best thing a person can do if they are feeling suicidal, regardless what their thoughts and feelings are saying, is to seek competent help. In this instance we have got to go against what we think and feel and just seek competent help. We can not trust what we think and feel when our thoughts and feelings are telling us to self destruct.
Old 13-01-2017, 02:21 AM
Administrator
Hello

We all have a life path and as a Medium I have done readings for parents that have lost a child in this way and its in their life path. At times there are deeper reasons than can be seen or even at times healed that lead one down this path. Hard as it is I do feel that is we die even by our own hand it was out time to go.

I was bullied in school, I had a rotten relationship with my Mother, whom favored her Son but never saw that. I came into this life hard wired to the paranormal world but had no foundations of understanding in it. At 16 I had an odd intervention by a teacher I could not stand, but that stopped me doing anything.

I had a Near Death Event when I was 21 and it was a lesson death event to change a path I was on. It took over a year to even start the healing process into motion.

We all have "tests" in life I feel and that divine intervention that comes in as it is not our time to go.

Lynn

I
Old 14-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Master

I ran away from my parent's home when I was 17. A stranger picked me up and took me to his pastor. We ate dinner together and talked about what was in store for me if I continued on the run. In the end I went to the juvenile detention center and was made a ward of the court and into foster care until I was 18.

Yep, someone was watching over me.
Old 15-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I ran away from my parent's home when I was 17. A stranger picked me up and took me to his pastor. We ate dinner together and talked about what was in store for me if I continued on the run. In the end I went to the juvenile detention center and was made a ward of the court and into foster care until I was 18.

Yep, someone was watching over me.
I can imagine that it probably took years for you to come to terms with that experience.
I have spent most of my life working through things from my childhood, very painful things
like you have described. I feel like we are born into a certain family, with siblings or no siblings,
for a particular reason having to do with our growth and development, and when we go
through such traumatic events at such a young age, it is almost like those things were meant
to happen for the benefit of our continued journey.