Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-07-2019, 03:56 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Different people use different terms to describe this. So we could say that the Absolute is beyond even Light and Dark, energy and consciousness. The Absolute manifests as Purusha (Spirit) and Mulaprakriti (primordial Matter). Spirit is considered as the Father principle (Shiva) and Matter is considered as the Mother principle (Shakti). The Father principle provides Purpose, the Mother principle provides Intelligence, and the combination of Spirit and Matter produces Consciousness.
In the Bhagvad Gita, Lord Krishna talks about Prakriti and Purusha!

Quote:
We are all trying to explain the unexplainable.
Peace.

yes, coz language has its own limitations.
And, something that cannot be defined in words - is Self/Consciousness.
Old 20-07-2019, 04:04 AM
Knower
When you understand what I'm saying intellectually you will begin to leave people alone and shut up. You will not have anything to say because you will begin to see it's fruitless to debate. It's fruitless to argue. It's fruitless to come to any conclusions about anybody or anything. For everything is unfolding as it should. Everything is in its right place no matter how it looks. As we unfold on this path our job is to watch, to look, to see, never to react. Only to be the witness. Having no opinions for or against.

Robert Adams
Old 21-07-2019, 12:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
If you believe in 'oneness' then the thoughts cannot be associated with anything but the 'one' .
How can the thoughts belong to something other than what you are?
How can there be truth in saying that I have nothing to do with the world or this body .
This actual statement is build upon separation and illusion ..
Can you see that?
Good afternoon daz
Hope your staying out of trouble, well maybe not in this thread
A statement is one thing, doing is another and each holds it's own truth
Old 21-07-2019, 04:45 AM
Knower
Quote:
They are tough because I don't want you to take the words of other's literally or as the whole truth especially when my questions cause concern for what certain teachers say .
I'm not someone who hears other's words and take them as truth.
On the contrary, I'm very sceptical, when it comes to spiritual teachers..
But Ramana and Robert are different...
Their teachings resonate with my TRUTH, and not vice versa.
Quote:
I would guess that even the teachers would spit out their cornflakes if I counter question their realisations ..
Aren't these statements coming from the ego? #Justasking
Quote:
Normally I do get avoidance of answering questions or the subject changes or peeps get a little narky and defensive lol .

I appreciate you saying you don't know the answer/s to my questions, it has more to do with that rather than we should agree to disagree .
I don't know EVERYthing - and it's okay!
Inner mysteries are available to Serious-Seekers only, who risk everything for the truth.
Quote:
I hope it gives you a little food for thought rather than anything else and hopefully you don't put too much faith in what you read even if it touches your heart ..
x daz x

I really appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your insightful comments Thank you so much
Old 21-07-2019, 05:02 AM
Knower
This is something you must remember. When you are perfectly calm, time stops. When there is no time, karma stops, samskaras stop. Everything becomes null and void. For when you are calm you are one with the entire energy of the universe and everything will go well with you.

Robert Adams
Old 21-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Their teachings however quite possibly are the teachings of other’s infused, Adams sought teachings and understandings from perhaps a dozen other teacher’s / guru’s who were perhaps equally taught by other’s and so forth .. paper .
Agree, Robert met many teachers, Paramahansa Yogananda, Nisargadatta, Ananda Mai Ma, Neem karoli baba and Ramana Maharshi.

Robert devoted himself to teach ramana's teachings back home...

Certain mystical secrets can not be taught publicly,.... a master passes those teachings on to his best disciples....And, the path of the truth is arduous, so, sometimes, a guru is required...

Quote:
The ego or non ego teachings is another red flag to me at times where teachers that promote non ego attachments don’t normally see their own reflection in their actions ..

ego isn't the bad guy .

x daz x

Yes, the ego is not a bad guy and, neither are you

Ok, tell me, what exactly is the ego and why it's not a bad guy?
Old 21-07-2019, 06:22 PM
I didn't know Robert was passed...or anything about him.
A nice website of his quotes.

https://www.azquotes.com/author/97-Robert_Adams

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-07-2019, 03:12 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I didn't know Robert was passed...or anything about him.
A nice website of his quotes.

https://www.azquotes.com/author/97-Robert_Adams

Yes, Robert left the body in 1997...

If you are interested in learning more about his teachings, visit this website for free eBook https://www.holybooks.com/robert-ada...-the-satsangs/

And, thanks for the link....GREATLY appreciate your efforts!
Old 22-07-2019, 03:21 AM
Knower
"Deep down in your heart know that all is well. Understand that the Universe is your friend and can never hurt you. It is the substratum of all existence which is love! When you develop a loving consciousness there can be no problems.

Love takes care of everything. Love is the same as absolute awareness, pure intelligence, or the power of God. When you have enough love inside, there are truly no problems. Problems only arise when you believe you are separate and lacking love."

Robert Adams
Old 22-07-2019, 08:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
Agree, Robert met many teachers, Paramahansa Yogananda, Nisargadatta, Ananda Mai Ma, Neem karoli baba and Ramana Maharshi.

Robert devoted himself to teach ramana's teachings back home...

Certain mystical secrets can not be taught publicly,.... a master passes those teachings on to his best disciples....And, the path of the truth is arduous, so, sometimes, a guru is required...

Yes, the ego is not a bad guy and, neither are you

Ok, tell me, what exactly is the ego and why it's not a bad guy?

So when there is a history of acquired knowledge and teachings of other's and such teachings one holds so dear that they become devoted to spread the word, whose teaching's are whose? Whose direct knowledge is whose?

I am only pointing out that the scriptures were studied by many a master / guru / teacher and trying to illustrate / decipher what is self realized and what is not .

So when anyone becomes devoted to another teacher or guru they need to be clear where their devotion lies .

Even jesus supposedly studied the scriptures prior to teaching other's about the lord .

I am however not implying that learning the teachings of other's is a bad thing for there is nothing wrong with educating oneself .

I am as many have gathered more interested in the origin of the teachings that have been passed down the line .

In regards to the ego as I see it I relate to self awareness as the ego . There cannot be a sense of oneself without it .

I only know this because of there at one point being no sense of myself as many teachers would say when you are dissolved for use of a better word into 'being' for there is no 'you' ..

What has morphed somewhat in regards to ego people seem to only relate to the expression of ego and not ego itself and then associate a particular ego expression as something to get rid of or destroy lol .

It's actually the same ego expression that puts forward the notion that ego is bad or needs to be destroyed lol ..

So in this regard one needs to destroy the expression that emphasises the need to destroy the ego ..

Its a funny old game for sure . So many ironies and contradictions I am afraid to say .

Some people see them, some people don't ..

x daz x