Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 18-03-2019, 03:23 AM
Master
Has anyone actually read The Game Of Thrones books?

Yes, before The Game Of Thrones was on TV it was just a series of books. Has anyone read them? I've heard they are deep and complicated. Am curious about them.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:13 AM
Master
It is funny. On another thread someone asked who is *watching* GoT and there are lots of replies. I guess reading the books is not so much fun.

Old 17-07-2019, 10:58 PM
Newbie ;)

I am actually reading them now, as a compendium. (the first three books in one)
Old 18-07-2019, 01:07 AM
Master

It seems that when the series went ahead of the written books, the last couple of seasons, it dropped a lot in quality.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Seeker
I've tried reading the first book a few times, but had a hard time following characters--it seems like a lot is thrown at you in the beginning. Watching the show helped somewhat, but... I've heard the books and show are VERY different. Plus, the show takes you beyond what is actually in the books.
Old 27-08-2019, 09:53 PM
Seeker

I watched the first season (years ago) then went and read the books. If you are into that genre, they are great books. However, they do get confusing and they are very long. Also, the show diverges quite a bit from the books in the later seasons. So, if that bothers you, then you may not like it.
However, there is so much going on in the books. Martin knows how to keep it moving the whole way.
Anyway, I loved both the books and the movies, but they are different.
Old 30-08-2019, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
It seems that when the series went ahead of the written books, the last couple of seasons, it dropped a lot in quality.

Yes I heard that too.

Old 30-10-2019, 06:45 AM
Newbie ;)

This may be a bit off topic, because it mostly is, but I've recently began reading A Game of Thrones. I think George R.R. Martin has a great way with words, and so far I'm thoroughly enjoying his imagery. I've watched the series in its entirety, and so far, the experience of reading has been enhanced by this fact. It is much easier to keep track of things since I already have an idea in my mind of what is supposed to happen. All this being said, earlier today, I was lamenting about how fake the world seems. When I leave my home, I feel like there are roles I must play. I feel like there are tons of unspoken rules about how you must conduct yourself around strangers, and it was beginning to bother me. It is a lot like the court intrigue you experience within the world of George R.R. Martin. All the time, there are things going on behind the scenes. People have intentions that are hidden, and chances are, no one cares much about you at all. Rather, they only care about their own agendas and how they can get what they want. I guess, in a way, I'm in the same boat. All that I want are genuine interactions with people that are deeper than a "How about that weather?" I have a feeling that no one really enjoys these small talk sessions, so how is it that we as a society keep perpetuating it?

Anyway, if you're asking because you're interested in reading the books, I do hope you pick them up. If you decide to, I'd love to join you in discussing them!
Old 30-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Master
Interesting. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:37 PM
Experiencer
Greetings,

I can't swear I've read the books - but I think I have. If the books I read make an impression on me I keep them to be read again a few years later. I've looked and I don't have them. As for the TV series … nope! Never saw a single episode. No member of my family wanted to see them, either.

JOHNTY