Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Master

Sky I have enjoyed reading your thoughts.

I normally avoid the Christian section because I am not Christian and believe differently. But surprisingly both Christian and non-Christians have contributed with civility for the most part to this thread.

WP I might suggest you preceded your disbelief in reincarnation with "in my opinion" or "its my belief". As we respect you have a right to your beliefs so we expect you to respect our right to believe as we do.

Whether we believe in reincarnation or not we can only put one foot in front of the other. Now if someone want to clarify where they will go after death because they fear where they will go, then I might suggest they spent time researching themselves and come to their own answers. Reading the opinions and thoughts of others will bring them no closer to desired answers.
Old 30-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'

Reincarnation was removed from the Bible to control the masses.

sky123,

I would have to disagree from a Christian standpoint. Rather than controlling the masses(which I cannot see how that controls) instead it empowers the masses. Reincarnation(which I believe) is only a second choice. For those who do not seek the kingdom of God it allows them to avoid the necessary discipline and work to achieve salvation in this life.

For Christians I would cite the scriptures of "seek ye first the kingdom and all will be added to you".........."Ye must be born again"(meaning in the here and now not in some future reinarnation) and the words of Jesus....."I have come that you might have abundant life". Reincarnation is not an end goal and continual and repeated karma should not be our fate. People are quick to criticize the Church but what should the Church teach? Surely not to teach that life is meant to be repeated over and over again.
Old 30-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
sky123,

I would have to disagree from a Christian standpoint. Rather than controlling the masses(which I cannot see how that controls) instead it empowers the masses. Reincarnation(which I believe) is only a second choice. For those who do not seek the kingdom of God it allows them to avoid the necessary discipline and work to achieve salvation in this life.

For Christians I would cite the scriptures of "seek ye first the kingdom and all will be added to you".........."Ye must be born again"(meaning in the here and now not in some future reinarnation) and the words of Jesus....."I have come that you might have abundant life". Reincarnation is not an end goal and continual and repeated karma should not be our fate. People are quick to criticize the Church but what should the Church teach? Surely not to teach that life is meant to be repeated over and over again.

' what should the Church teach?'

I think they should teach the truth and the truth is according to Ancient Scriptures that Reincarnation was believed and is still believed by some Christians. Early Christianity taught Reincarnation, believed in Reincarnation and wrote Prayers and Hymns expressing their beliefs.
Old 30-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Sky I have enjoyed reading your thoughts.

I normally avoid the Christian section because I am not Christian and believe differently. But surprisingly both Christian and non-Christians have contributed with civility for the most part to this thread.

WP I might suggest you preceded your disbelief in reincarnation with "in my opinion" or "its my belief". As we respect you have a right to your beliefs so we expect you to respect our right to believe as we do.

Whether we believe in reincarnation or not we can only put one foot in front of the other. Now if someone want to clarify where they will go after death because they fear where they will go, then I might suggest they spent time researching themselves and come to their own answers. Reading the opinions and thoughts of others will bring them no closer to desired answers.

Thanks Linen, glad you enjoyed reading my thoughts, it's a fascinating subject and I also enjoyed reading the thoughts regarding Reincarnation expressed in the Prayers and Hymns I have found written by Christian Saints/Bishops etc:.
It's amazing how different people find their way to God/Source without being ' Brainwashed ' as you said, what others say will not bring you to your own personal desired answers, self realization is the only way but sometimes the words of others can stir something inside and wake you up, it was there anyway but forgotten, it just needed a little nudge
Old 30-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Exactly Your thoughts become your reality, you become what you think etc:.

This is true, look at the world, there's has been and there is a battle to control people's minds.The media is doing it, the so called "stars" or "leaders" ( singers, politicians etc ) are doing it, but behind this construct which we call "our reality" there is the truth, the truth about everything and anything, the only "real reality", the true reality of things, where a particular thing is good or bad but not both like we see in our world.

"You become what you think", this is the so called "Mark of the beast" and it happens when what you think is in fact what have you been taught to think.Just yesterday I watched a video about Celine Dion going crazy with her agenda, the so called "no-gender" clothing for children, where children get to wear clothes with skulls and other symbols.Then, the people behind these clothes (her fashion creators) talked about how they can: "shape people's minds through their clothes, to bring a new world order" ( their words, not mine ), W T F? ( Sorry for my language, but this is a "normal" expression of indignation)
Old 30-11-2018, 09:58 PM
Master

Yes sky I especially enjoyed the quotes from early Christians. I knew the concept of reincarnation was taken out of church doctrine at one of the Councils but I have never known which one. So I thank you for that tidbit of information. I believe the yearly Councils were held at different locations. I recently read there were what? 9 or 12 in total and each year they shifted doctrines. I am currently reading Tony Bushby's book on his research into the Bible. Fascinating.
Old 30-11-2018, 10:03 PM
Suspended
Guide

Here's the video about Celine Dion and her fashion creators saying what I just said above... She says that she has no intention to tell people what to do but then, her fashion creators talk about how they can shape the future of humanity, to bring a new order as a "concept" :)) Basically, you tell people what type of clothes their children should wear, no, no, you don't tell people what to do :) You will say that people are not that stupid to buy these things... but when you see other so called "stars" using these clothes for their children, well, you may buy them :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5JypEUABFY
Old 30-11-2018, 10:11 PM
Experiencer

linen,

I respect that sky believes in reincarnation-just as I respect my right to state that I do not believe in reincarnation when I am posting in a Christian forum.

What I do not respect is when people come into a Christian forum and try to promote their beliefs that are not in alignment with what Christians believe. You will not find me going into a non Christian forum and stating that their belief is wrong.

Why sky continues to poke a stick at what Christians believe is a mystery given the fact that numerous people(other than myself) have asked her why she continues to post in a Christian forum.

So I made the decision to not attempt to get an answer from her as you could read if you so chose her history of avoiding anyones question in that regard.

I further made the decision that I would state my beliefs even if they are not in agreement with skys-avoiding the exhaustive enegy spent on her non answers.

Yes people believe in reincarnation Linen-and that is there choice. Just as it is my choice to not believe in it. However, out of respect for what others believe I chose to not go into those forums and strike the hornets nest because my motives would not be pure.

You said it yourself that you normally avoid the Christian forum because you are not a Christian and believe differently-

I have been civil to sky in this thread-I simply do not believe as she believes. Christians do not believe in reincarnation.

My initial response to utenbergs post was that he was going to have a difficult time finding an answer in the Christian forum because a Christian believes that when one dies there are 2 choices either heaven or hell.

While I can appreciate your thoughts and opinions Linen concerning sky-why is it necessary to preface what I believe or state what my opinion is before I state my belief? It is a Christian forum

just as sky and you and anyone else ha the right to express their beliefs and opinions in all forums-I equally have the same right to state that I do not believe in reincarnation. It doesn't make me a "bad" Christian or person-it simply means that I have the right to express my beliefs.

Just because I express my un-belief of reincarnation does not make me a Christian who is trying to segregate or cut people off from God-Spirit-Source, etc. It does not make me a judgemental Christian. It does not make me a judgemental human being.

Im simply a Christian who came to the Christian forum to deepen my understanding of the Christian faith. And yet because I state that reincarnation does not exist, I come under attack.

I wish you well Linen and I have no issue with you-simply wanted to express my thoughts
Old 30-11-2018, 11:22 PM
ImthatIm

Matthew 16 : vs 24 words of Jesus
"If any man will come after me let him deny himself, and take up his cross,and follow me".
To follow Him really only benefits me when I deny myself. In this is where I find and learn to let go of the blocks my ego constructed and blocks my learning constructed and here is where I uncover the light/love within. So in a since I am reincarnating daily. It can be flowing with the spirit at times and at time I run right into myself again. Pick myself up quicker and quicker as time goes on. All I can do is laugh at myself.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:53 AM
Master

Wp you have every right to believe what you want. And I was not attacking you. In one of your statements you said there wasn't any such thing as reincarnation. Period. Well again I say, in your opinion.

The forum is for all spiritual seekers not just Christians. True to the dream of devolution, we all have our sections where our interests and beliefs lie.

Like I said I normally don't post here but everyone both Christian and non were contributing nicely so I thought I'd add my two cents.

My intention is not to bring hostility or derision but to share. Personally I don't believe in the Christian version of heaven and hell but that's just me. To you they are valid places and I respect your right to believe as you do. I don't think you are wrong, I just think we see differently.

And again in your latest post you say "Christians don't believe in reincarnation" whereas you might have said "most or some Christians don't believe in reincarnation." I think that is what sky was trying to get across. Apparently since they took the time to find and post the quotes of historical Christians who do believe in reincarnation.

I mean let's face it. Do you speak for every Christian that has ever been in existence all over the world or just the ones you know or have known personally? Some Christians might take offense to you speaking for them. Or making assumptions.