Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCore
Shivani - enjoyed your post (although I didn't understand some of the science-speak!). But got the gist of what you are saying.

I've always wondered about this. Do they (i.e. the 'experts') absolutely know that this is true? And how do they know? They obviously haven't examined every single snowflake that ever was, ever is and ever will be so I'm guessing there must be a scientific equation to prove it. Which is probably way too advanced for me to understand, so either I believe the equation without question, or wonder about it. I'm a wonderer.

Nice thought. I think it could...but perhaps not in our lifetime.

Welcome on this Forum AppleCore.

Enjoy!
Old 04-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Seeker

Thank you Legrande. I've been reading quite a few posts in this particular section and enjoying them loads.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello,

I took the time to read each post on this thread, and I really enjoyed them. Please do not take this post personally. It is simply an opinion about the scientific approach in its attempt to find Universal and Immutable laws.

I find the scientific approach pretentious in its way to change what are only hypothesis about this world into Theories just after a few observations that concord with the initial hypothesis, thus creating archetypes as lens to see this world. This scientific approach only as been existing for a few hundred years and ever since it existed it wants to be the only flagship of the truth. It has at least the merit to have been a counterweight to institutionalize religious belief in history of mankind.

Lets just take the scientific approach conclusion in the time of Newton. For science in those time, time and space where the same no matter where you are in the Universe. The universe was made of matter moving like pool balls and if one could know the exact position and speed of each peaces of matter, one would be able to predict the position of each peace of matter at anytime in the Universe. It was a theory, that could not be changed. The laws of movement where set for eternity in the human mind of scientific of those times. The universe was infinite and always existed and will always exist according to those laws. Which contradicted the belief of spontaneous creation of some institutionalized religions.
Many people have forgotten or never learned what real science looks like. I found this lecture from Michael Faraday recently. I found it incredibly inspiring both in the approach for truth and beauty of the presentation. And it is an honor for me just to read it.

Michael Faraday’s Lecture - The Chemical History of a Candle
http://www.engineerguy.com/faraday/p...y-complete.pdf

Actual lecture starts around page 29.

"I will tell you in five lectures the Chemical History of a Candle. There is not a law under which any part of the universe is governed which does not come into play, and is touched upon in the chemistry of a candle. There is no better, there is no more open door by which you can enter into the study of science, than by considering thephysical phenomena of a candle. I trust, therefore, I shall not disappoint you in choosing this for my subject rather than any newer topic, which could not be better, were it even so good."

The current state of science has been one of the great disappointments in my life. Sometimes I wish I was born in the 19'th century when the modern approach was still emerging.