Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 17-07-2017, 04:34 AM
Suspended
They're something which is not directly perceptive by human. We cannot see the pulling force but we can see the dropping of the apple from an apple tree that's earth gravity. This is not directly perceptive but by the help of something else ---- the dropping of an object to assume that the earth gravity is existing. Before Newton's discovered of it no one knows about gravity. Or pulling force of two objects.

The magnetic field of the earth can only be seen by the use of compass. So we can't see the true magnetic field. We can't see love but we can feel that love is existing between family members and couples and they are valid. And nobody can measure the tendency of the degree of love.

If we see a movie but the degree of how good the movie can be variable from one person to the other. So the perception of thing is beautiful or not can be different.

So is the existence of Gods they exist when my third eye can see but other who can't see will say no, didn't have Gods. So the directly perceptive is not 100% can be used as a standard of stating the truth of existent of everything. That's sometimes it fails to see the existence of many things.
Old 17-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
You believe ones conditioning is as real as a physical object?
So then re-birth is real to a Buddhist according to your logic.

How often do I have to tell you that I do not believe anything?
I do apply language as language. I do not apply language as truth.

Something is real when it can function and both the agent and the function can be directly perceived and what can be directly perceived does exist.

Therefore re-birth is neither real nor existent.
Old 17-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Master
In 2011, the Chinese government enacted a law that prohibited Tibetan lamas or monks from reincarnating without government approval. The Chinese government wants to have the right to approve reincarnations of living Buddhas or senior religious figures in Tibetan Buddhism. Let’s for a moment forget the ridiculousness to trying to approve who may or may not reincarnate themselves, and focus instead on the high probability that this was merely a ploy to allow the Chinese to chose the next Dalai Lama, someone they could control.

This made me laugh, how are they going to approve ?????
Old 17-07-2017, 08:11 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
In 2011, the Chinese government enacted a law that prohibited Tibetan lamas or monks from reincarnating without government approval. The Chinese government wants to have the right to approve reincarnations of living Buddhas or senior religious figures in Tibetan Buddhism. Let’s for a moment forget the ridiculousness to trying to approve who may or may not reincarnate themselves, and focus instead on the high probability that this was merely a ploy to allow the Chinese to chose the next Dalai Lama, someone they could control.

This made me laugh, how are they going to approve ?????

The so called 'approval of reincarnations' is nothing other than an appointment.
Old 17-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
The so called 'approval of reincarnations' is nothing other than an appointment.
The question is how much is the old process of selecting a new Dalai Lama another form of appointment?

IMO it doesn't matter much who or how a young boy is appointed for that specific position, the final outcome will depend much more on who brings him up and educates him.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
The question is how much is the old process of selecting a new Dalai Lama another form of appointment?

IMO it doesn't matter much who or how a young boy is appointed for that specific position, the final outcome will depend much more on who brings him up and educates him.
But that's actually the reason for the appointment: those who are authorized to appoint are those who determine his education. It just would not make sense and could arouse people's suspicion if the appointers would approve themselves as right reincarnation
Old 17-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:

This would not work and is laughable because you would end up with two Dalai Lamas.
Old 17-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
This would not work and is laughable because you would end up with two Dalai Lamas.
That'd be great. But in those modern times one should be a lady.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
That'd be great. But in those modern times one should be a lady.

Yes I have put my name down, then I can lead them all down the wrong path
Old 17-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Master
Having no beliefs is a belief in itself.

That is not a Buddhist view. Buddhism has many beliefs.. It is more about the attachment to them.