Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 15-04-2017, 01:20 PM
Seeker

How do I block off a psychic friend

I've been best friends for many years with someone who has many psychic abilities. She's changed a great deal over the years and has become an envious and angry person.

I am still friends with her, but I've taken it down quite a few notches to a level I am comfortable with. I used to tell her everything but now I don't because I no longer believe she has my best interest at heart.

It's always in the back of my mind that she has psychic abilities and sometimes I even wonder if she might be harming me in some way.

Is there some way to make sure to block her access to me?

Thanks very much.
Old 15-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Guide

At some level, you still like this person it seems, which makes it a bit trickier. Far easier to just block someone out completely and turn your back on them, but since there is some good in this relationship I can understand you wanting to back off even further than you already have.

Having only your post to go by, it sounds like she has changed for the worse, and lets ego rule her actions now. It's quite possible she isn't even completely aware of how she effects you.

If you haven't already, I strongly suggest some cord cutting. Ask your favorite ArchAngel to handle the job. Then meditate, think of this person, and envision all the connections and cords stretching between you two. Selectively direct the ArchAngel to cut ONLY the negative links, one by one. In your mind, see the cord severed and the cut ends retracting into their originator (you or this other person). Do it with calmness, love, and keep repeating that you're severing only the negative links.

If you suspect that she is projecting herself into your dreams or popping in to "spy" on you, spread salt across the doorways and windows. As you do this, state the intention that no one may enter without invitation. As a side note, bugs don't like the salt and many (like spiders) generally won't cross a salt line.

A bubble of protective energy "built" around your home would be a wise measure to take as well. Again, state your intentions. Make it clear that nothing negative is allowed inside that bubble. Be sure you can visualize it as firm and solid and sturdy.

If you STILL feel unsafe, try mentally setting up an array of mirrors around yourself, shiny side facing away from you. Then any energy/emotion sent to you, or any attempt to drain you, will be reflected back to the sender.

You can also smudge your home prior to setting up the bubble, if you feel this other person (or anyone/anything negative) may have left residual bits inside.

I use all of these techniques whenever my ex-husband (living, gifted, unwelcome) starts popping into my dreams or I feel his energy around me anywhere. As long as I refresh these steps from time to time, he is kept at bay without harming him.

Best of luck
Old 15-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Seeker

Hi Blue Tiger,
Thanks so much for all the suggestions.
You’re right. There is some good in this relationship, as long as I see the relationship for what it is and don’t expect what I can’t get out of it.

I don’t think she’s been projecting herself into my dreams. I’ve kept a dream journal for most of the last year and she’s just appeared very briefly in 2 dreams.

I will definitely try some of your ideas.
Old 24-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Knower

I would suppose like you would anybody else. I'm betting she wouldn't like to be treated any different than anybody else you are close to who doesn't have psychic ability, but then IDK. Good luck!
Old 27-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Master
Something doesn't sound right. If she has changed in that way then she could be influenced by energies that aren't so nice. Maybe it isn't her that's the problem. If it doesn't feel right to you, then it probably isn't. She is not the only one who is psychic, we all are.

If you have a friend who comes over to your house and when your back is turned they rummage through your drawers and read your diary, then they aren't someone you can trust. Most people don't do that. A person who is psychic won't do that either, even if they can.

I make a point to not intrude on my friends and family. I have a technique that I use for my work and I do not look at my family and friends. There have to be boundaries.

You can set your own boundaries by simply visualizing the no-tresspassing signs. I have heard of the technique of scrambling the energy around you. You visualize doing that. You can.

If something doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't. I would suggest that you evaluate how you feel about it and really consult your intuition. The way that she has changed isn't a sign of higher guidance. That sounds fishy.

I would probably cut ties altogether in that case. She has been your best friend but she is doing something that might put you at risk and that is her choice.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:35 PM
Suspended
So you feel she’s hidden intentions of trying to harm/psychicly attack you.. cause of the changes that you’ve noticed in her behavior?
Old 13-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Master
Seems like you may have some abilities of your own. Pay attention to your sensations, reject any unwanted approach and try your best to manage your emotional states and the emotional and physical impact of the things in the back of your mind.
Old 14-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Experiencer

Protection

I have this problem too. But it has been with many people in my life. Since the beginning of my time here. Even people in my family. I have cut off the more toxic ones but even new friends I have met veer on the side towards jealousy.

I don't know if it's me or if I attract these type of people. I looked up reasons for having many jealous people in your life and on Quora, all the answers were mostly because "you're better/more successful etc etc). But I don't feel jealous of people that are better than or more successful than me. I focus on what is at hand in front of me. Nevertheless it has been a real problem. I dont know if it is something that has been carried over from a previous life, if it's some wierd type of karma, or if just living in this 3rd dimensional earth plane/ school of hard knocks most people are just like that in general....

Last edited by LibraIndigo : 14-07-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Master
I can relate to your post LibraIndigo, however I did not know what was going on really a lot of friends and people over the years pointed out what jealousy/envy are to me and helped me to understand the concept in the context you are using it here--not the other type of posessive jealousy. It's a curious thing so I tend to be a bit careful of people I know have this because it can sometimes go deep and crazy a bit. I usually try to help them out a little when I see they are starting to lose it, but only if I can and at a safe distance.