Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 13-02-2020, 11:38 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
IEpilepsy is caused by the random firing of nerves in the brain...anti siezure medication can help control the symptoms in some patients leading to a better quality of life... cannabis oil can do likewise with less side effects, but cannabis oil is illegal in my country...so, archaic laws are suppressing treatment because the establishment has vested interests in "Big Pharma" at the total expense of those they are trying to treat.

My dog suffers siezures. Second one in a row! The first developed them when 10 years old and she was put on pheno and she tolerated it well, never having another and her liver enzymes never indicated damage.

My current dog developed them so young I was worried about prolonged pheno or other meds impact on his liver so I tried CBD capsules and he hasn't had one since and I'm only giving him half the recommended dosage. It's online ordering without a script too. I just did my research and use a reputable seller that supplies third party test results of their product.
Old 14-02-2020, 12:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
My dog suffers siezures. Second one in a row! The first developed them when 10 years old and she was put on pheno and she tolerated it well, never having another and her liver enzymes never indicated damage.

My current dog developed them so young I was worried about prolonged pheno or other meds impact on his liver so I tried CBD capsules and he hasn't had one since and I'm only giving him half the recommended dosage. It's online ordering without a script too. I just did my research and use a reputable seller that supplies third party test results of their product.
That is nice to know and good to hear your dog is responding well.

After doing my research, the status of CBD in Australia is a tricky and sticky wicket.

Whilst it isn't really "illegal" per se, you still need a prescription for it and an import licence to purchase it online

The prescription not only needs to be doctor approved, but also government approved and the red tape one needs to go through to acquire it is incredible!

It is usually only prescribed when all other treatments have failed.

I mean, this is Australia we are talking about...the country which has the strictest drug laws in the world!

I wanted to import wild lettuce extract for my pain because it isn't "approved for use" in Australia and customs wouldn't allow me to get it online.

My mother tried getting rare orchid seeds (monkey orchid) from China...she was charged for importing "dangerous substances"....it is SO stupid!

You know, I would love to move to Denver, Colorado because I KNOW that microdosing Psilocybin is the only "way out" for me.

I would love to take part in an Ayahuasca ceremony to "kick start" my ailing Spirituality.

There is a video I own called "The Sacred Science"...let me see if there is a YouTube video of it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VsrEFWfzZcw

All of this is just a personal bugbear of mine...it is also something that those who do not live in Australia would be able to understand..and yep, I oftentimes find myself getting jealous of those who live in other countries.
Old 14-02-2020, 12:41 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
That is nice to know and good to hear your dog is responding well.

After doing my research, the status of CBD in Australia is a tricky and sticky wicket.

Whilst it isn't really "illegal" per se, you still need a prescription for it and an import licence to purchase it online

The prescription not only needs to be doctor approved, but also government approved and the red tape one needs to go through to acquire it is incredible!

It is usually only prescribed when all other treatments have failed.

I mean, this is Australia we are talking about...the country which has the strictest drug laws in the world!

I wanted to import wild lettuce extract for my pain because it isn't "approved for use" in Australia and customs wouldn't allow me to get it online.

My mother tried getting rare orchid seeds (monkey orchid) from China...she was charged for importing "dangerous substances"....it is SO stupid!

You know, I would love to move to Denver, Colorado because I KNOW that microdosing Psilocybin is the only "way out" for me.

I would love to take part in an Ayahuasca ceremony to "kick start" my ailing Spirituality.

There is a video I own called "The Sacred Science"...let me see if there is a YouTube video of it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VsrEFWfzZcw

All of this is just a personal bugbear of mine...it is also something that those who do not live in Australia would be able to understand..and yep, I oftentimes find myself getting jealous of those who live in other countries.

Watching the video now. I've watched a few feature length vids/movies on Ayahuasca, including a couple of Joe Rogan podcasts. He's big on DMT. LOL!

Back in the day I did a LOT of psychedelics and high dosages. Very high dosages.

During the summer of 1979 during one experience I had a brief eyes-open vision, maybe five or so seconds, but it was a doozy.

I was in a hospital room and dad was in the bed, intubated. I was holding his hand and our eyes were locked when he stiffened, eyes opening wide.

Twenty years later in 1999 I was in that very room, holding his hand and looking into his eyes when he succumbed to cardiac arrest. I had signed a DNR because he was near the end with no hope of recovery. I wanted him to go as easy as possible and while the family was at his bedside.
Old 14-02-2020, 01:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Watching the video now. I've watched a few feature length vids/movies on Ayahuasca, including a couple of Joe Rogan podcasts. He's big on DMT. LOL!

Back in the day I did a LOT of psychedelics and high dosages. Very high dosages.

During the summer of 1979 during one experience I had a brief eyes-open vision, maybe five or so seconds, but it was a doozy.

I was in a hospital room and dad was in the bed, intubated. I was holding his hand and our eyes were locked when he stiffened, eyes opening wide.

Twenty years later in 1999 I was in that very room, holding his hand and looking into his eyes when he succumbed to cardiac arrest. I had signed a DNR because he was near the end with no hope of recovery. I wanted him to go as easy as possible and while the family was at his bedside.
I have only done psychedelics once.

It was way back in 1983 and I was travelling from Pangandaran on the east coast of Java to Yogyakarta on the west coast of Java.

Before I left Pangandaran, my tour guide for the area gave me a small parcel. I knew what was in it and decided to wait until the time was right.

On the way to Yogyakarta, we stopped over at Borobudur Temple for the evening..it was an amazing pilgrimage for me.

After doing the rituals and obeisances, I made my way up to the summit of one of the greatest wonders of the world, sat under the biggest stupa at the summit and ate four caps of cubenesis psilocybe before going into the most wildest and deepest meditation of my life.

Psychedelics are amazing to treat mental and neurological illnesses and it needs to be done under a controlled setting.

It isn't like you need to take it every day, once a week or even once a month.

Most people only need one session and that's it!

If not one session, then maybe just 3-4 sessions over the course of a whole year, spaced out (excuse the pun) at intervals of 3-4 months between each dosing.

The problem is that the authorities don't understand the difference between "therapeutic use" and "recreational use"...either that, or they have no way of regulating the chain of distribution and supply...however, they manage to do so for other schedule 4 drugs.

As for epilepsy...what I am about to say is going to curl your toes..

All of my neurological problems started after I contracted shingles 10 years ago which left me with post herpetic neuralgia and the only drug which gave me any relief from that was Lyrica...GABA.

I found one doctor willing to prescribe it and I was doing very well...until I moved about 300kms away and my prescription repeats ran out.

I tried for months of "doctor shopping' trying to get another prescription for Lyrica and all the doctors I saw went "Lyrica is only prescribed for patients who have epilepsy...using it for post herpetic neuralgia is an OFF LABEL treatment and doctors have been sued by the drug company and even the drug company itself has been sued by the Dept of Health for making claims that it can treat other ailments than those it was APPROVED to treat...so sorry, but I cannot help you".

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/pfiz...ory?id=8477617

After months, I travelled back to see my old doctor to get the script filled...he was charged with malpractice and forced to take an early retirement...no luck.

So, this all ties in, you know?

The underlying cause of many neurological disorders is a glutamate synthesis problem in the neuroreceptors (this also contributes to the development of Autism Spectrum Disorder btw).

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...014.00070/full

I have even tried discussing the synergic aspects of biochemical pathways in the brain with both doctors and neurologists alike...they just look at me like I come from a different planet...they must have got their qualifications out of a Corn Flakes box.

As an addendum, the FDA has now approved Lyrica for the treatment of neuralgic conditions, but the TGA in Australia still has not.
Old 14-02-2020, 05:18 AM
Master
Quote:

....and now, it is time for me to do what I do best. =)

Have you tried raw feeding your dog?

Whenever I ask God for the truth about anything, I am always...always given the correct response and also, the ability to understand it, no matter how technical that answer may be...it is like my brain is a super sponge and my capacity for storing data is incredible.

I missed my calling as a naturopath and an energy worker...well, it isn't like I really missed the calling...it was something I did for about 10 years in my late teens/mid twenties and then I stopped doing it...I ignored my passion and got shaman sickness.

In my previous post, I touched on the glutaminergic and GABAergic receptors and the link to frontal lobe epilepsy having a 30% comorbidity rate with those on the Autism Spectrum and I feel the percentile is closer to about 50% in independent clinical studies...but I digress.

The inability to covert or synthesize glutamines and glutamates via the interneuronal calcium channels can lead to a build up of these amines in the brain, halt production of GABA and cause epileptic seizures...the culprit? processed foods which contain artificial flavours and colours, aspartame and Asian food containing Ajinomoto or Monosodium glutamate...this stuff is like poison to an epileptic.

I just found a great article on the foods to avoid if one is epileptic..or autistic...or who has Parkinson's...or any other neurological deficit in regards to being unable to synthesize this amino acid into beneficial neurotransmitters...enjoy:

https://www.leavesoflife.com/glutamate-food-list/

This may go over the heads of many, but that is okay... basically, the tendency of genes to express themselves or not is caused by the direct result of poor diet, or the diet of our mothers while we were still in the womb....and feeding canned food to a dog is perhaps the worst thing you can do for it.
Old 15-02-2020, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Hello guthrio,

I agree 100% with you.

The challenge I see, is that all the people of and in science, religion and spirituality limits themselves with thier own personal mental and emotional conditionings, manipulations, and beliefs, that are not based on truth.

I would like to one day, see science (that includes quantum physics/mechanics, and neuroscience), religion and spirituality all come to the same "conclusion" about the physical universe and beyond.

MikeS80, thanks for your note. I look forward to that day, as well.

We have always been Who we truly are awaiting our own remembrance on Earth, that I AM THAT I AM, as in Heaven.
Guthrio
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 15-02-2020 at 09:49 AM. Reason: clarify input
Old 15-02-2020, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
MikeS80, thanks for your note. I look forward to that day, as well.

We have always been Who we truly are awaiting our own remembrance on Earth, that I AM THAT I AM, as in Heaven.
Guthrio
I just recently found an article that is headed in that direction called: Perception and the Mystery of the Unknown

https://www.scienceandnonduality.com...of-the-unknown
Old 15-02-2020, 01:19 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Ketzer,

Thanks for your reply, and the excellent article...

Neither Don's nor Jonathan's "quests" are quixotic...

....nor, for that matter, is that of any quantum physicist.

The quest for Truth is why we are each here. Some find It sooner than others, but we do find it....because it is the only Truth there is to find.

...whether the lance is prematurely surrendered or not.

The "pearl of great price" has always been the Truth as understood by one's own self, by one's own efforts to find it, not misunderstood by someone else's "God" or "Devil" label of their own quest.

As mentioned in my post to Altair's also excellent questions in this thread, THAT'S HOW you personally experience the immutable Truth of YOURSELF..... by direct experience OF IT. Then YOU KNOW the Truth, not merely believe "in" the Truth or have "faith" in the Truth, or have to be told "about" the Truth second-handedly.

As to "Clearly these are all deeply philosophical questions about the fundamental nature of reality. Whatever the answer, an interesting future awaits."

....the future, and the Truth, is now.

True, now is as true and as real as any other time, as all time is now (at least in life anyway).

One problem with directly experiencing the "immutable truth of oneself", is that many of us fear what that truth may be, and so we have spent a great deal of time and effort to ensure that those truths are hidden away and guarded by our own dragons. With our feared truths denied and safely hidden and guarded, we are free to go on our quest to prove to ourselves and the world that we are not what we fear we are, but we are something much better. Don Quixote chased around the world tilting his lance at windmills, not realizing that the dragons he saw were not out there, but within his own mind. In that sense, he was on the same quest we are all on, to find and slay our own dragons, to overcome the fears about ourselves in our own minds.

Now, and what is, is always changing, it is always real, it is always true, and it is always me. A quest to get to the bottom of me and find my immutable truth is a quest that will never end, as there is no bottom. Yet, it is questing beast well worth pursuing as the quest is a never ending exploration, and a eternally growing understanding, of my self.

Of course, your now, is always changing, always different than mine, and always just as true. We may share certain truths (many truths?), but it is not because we have found objective truths external to our selves, we have just found where we overlap in our present moment realities, our present truths. That, I believe, is what that quantum physics article is pointing to. We all create and experience the reality of our own universe within our own consciousness, and all are equally true, just as all times (past, present, and future), are equally real. What we call objective reality, or objective truth, is just the degree to which our respective universes move in parallel and overlap. Which I suppose is a good thing, as the occasional peek into your universe, seeing where it overlaps and where it differs from my own, helps me understand the truth of myself that much better, and see that there really is nothing to be afraid of.
Old 15-02-2020, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
True, now is as true and as real as any other time, as all time is now (at least in life anyway).

One problem with directly experiencing the "immutable truth of oneself", is that many of us fear what that truth may be, and so we have spent a great deal of time and effort to ensure that those truths are hidden away and guarded by our own dragons. With our feared truths denied and safely hidden and guarded, we are free to go on our quest to prove to ourselves and the world that we are not what we fear we are, but we are something much better. Don Quixote chased around the world tilting his lance at windmills, not realizing that the dragons he saw were not out there, but within his own mind. In that sense, he was on the same quest we are all on, to find and slay our own dragons, to overcome the fears about ourselves in our own minds.

Now, and what is, is always changing, it is always real, it is always true, and it is always me. A quest to get to the bottom of me and find my immutable truth is a quest that will never end, as there is no bottom. Yet, it is questing beast well worth pursuing as the quest is a never ending exploration, and a eternally growing understanding, of my self.

Of course, your now, is always changing, always different than mine, and always just as true. We may share certain truths (many truths?), but it is not because we have found objective truths external to our selves, we have just found where we overlap in our present moment realities, our present truths. That, I believe, is what that quantum physics article is pointing to. We all create and experience the reality of our own universe within our own consciousness, and all are equally true, just as all times (past, present, and future), are equally real. What we call objective reality, or objective truth, is just the degree to which our respective universes move in parallel and overlap. Which I suppose is a good thing, as the occasional peek into your universe, seeing where it overlaps and where it differs from my own, helps me understand the truth of myself that much better, and see that there really is nothing to be afraid of.

Hi Ketzer,

So excellently stated, above. Thanks!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 15-02-2020, 07:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer

Hello kerzer, and great post. The "immutable truth of oneself", is the truth of the I AM feeling of the real/higher self you have in your heart. The truth is not, the ego I, me, my etc. Thus there is nothing for anyone to fear. Many people confuse the hearty feeling of I AM/the real/higher self, with the ego I, me, my etc that is in thier head.

Edit: If you are seeking true Reality, since Reality is All, it must be here, now.
If you are seeking your true Self, since you are here, your Self too must be here, now.
Whatever word you are using for ‘That’, you may not see It, you may not know what It is, but for sure It must be here, now.
No need to reach It by any progressive practice.
And what is here, now?
An amazing amount of manifold perceptions that appear and disappear in the boundless sentient space that you are.