Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 07-12-2019, 12:23 AM
Ascender
Feeling nothing

Is it normal to not feel anything when thinking about or break ingredients up with a partner?
Old 07-12-2019, 06:40 AM
Master
If everyone were to say "no, that's not normal" would it make a difference???
Old 07-12-2019, 07:52 AM
Guide
My fiance broke up with me out of the blue over a month ago. After a few weeks i didnt feel anything about it. I couldn't cry even when I tried. I still feel that way. It kinda scared me. I think it may be my mind numbing me from pain that I can't bare. Grief is weird and nothing is really "normal".
Old 07-12-2019, 10:04 AM
Lorelyen

There's nothing normal about any feelings over a break-up. It's a case-by-case thing.
It could be that you're luckier than many in that you've re-set your emotional compass a lot faster than many. I've met a few who've been ditched and who've decided they're not going to sit around and mope once the initial shock is over (I could class myself among them, I suppose) so they look for distractions, realising they're free and available.

There are lessons to be learned, obviously, but people are dynamic, forever changing in subtle and not so subtle ways. Sometimes they converge. Sometimes they diverge and when that happens best to be honest about it. Some couples (like my parents) thrive on their differences, others don't.

Good luck. You're free.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:32 AM
Master
I don't know what you mean by breaking ingredients with a partner?
If it's about a breakup then I think it can be pretty normal as long as it doesn't last for months. It's being numb to the blow and pain. Like being in shock.
That effect shouldn't last weeks or months, a relatively short time, indicating you're moving through healing.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:36 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
If it's about a breakup then I think it can be pretty normal as long as it doesn't last for months. It's being numb to the blow and pain. Like being in shock.
That effect shouldn't last weeks or months, a relatively short time, indicating you're moving through healing.

it means she needs to turn off autocorrect on her phone.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkiez
Is it normal to not feel anything when thinking about or break ingredients up with a partner?
I don't know if I'd say that it isn't normal, but it does seem a little unusual to be honest - in the wake of a break-up, people tend to feel all manner of things, be it grief, despair, hopelessness, anger, resentment, etc. It's quite rare, I'd say, to make a completely clean break and to be really, truly over it just like that, though I'm sure that's possible too.
EDIT: Maybe you'll become conscious of certain feelings as time goes on, in which case they just need to be acknowledged - whatever you're feeling is valid, and just needs to be felt all the way through. Although not necessarily, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Confused me, too, but kundalinikid has it I suspect - I assume the OP accidentally put a space in the middle of 'breaking', and it auto-corrected 'ing' to 'ingredients'. So it should read 'breaking up with a partner', obviously, not 'break ingredients up with a partner'.

(My little sister got me a book full of amusing auto-correct conversations called 'Damn You, Auto-correct!' - it's well-named )

Last edited by A human Being : 07-12-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:04 AM
Pathfinder

doesn’t make sense. What do you think?
Old 08-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsound
doesn’t make sense. What do you think?
What doesn't make sense?
Old 09-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Master
Yes, it is normal. When you eagerly invest your heart with great interest over time in someone, and then you breakup with that person; it is like your heart, your investment, expectations and anticipations, have been dashed, broken to pieces, and it can leave you numb and hurt. You disavow and terminate your contact with that person to protect your heart. This is the normal, and maybe even healthy, thing to do. It usually comes with a lot of crying and heartache.