Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 09-02-2013, 04:08 PM
El Barto

Camp Fire Stories

Camp Fire Stories

Where to begin......

Every night , just about , we gather around the campfire and exchange how our day was. Little things. Nothing really happens adventurous. Gathering , hunting . The men seem to have more lively stories when they get a kill. I do not join the men . I am too old and haven't hunted in years.

Just before the kids go to bed they ask to hear more of my stories of times of old. Jenny, she is four years old . Blue eyed and long curly blond hair. She is my little jewel. So sensitive she likes to sit on my lap as i tell my stories to the kids sitting on the ground. Many times she has fell asleep in my arms . Her mother takes her from me when she does. I sense disbelief and dissaproval from Emma , Jewel's mother. She seems to put that aside because Jewel feels comforted. Her father died in a hunting accident, he was attacked by a Bear.

I was just starting to describe the setting of tonights story when Jenny tugs on my coat for my attention. With all her innocense, looking up at me " How old are you ......?"

My mind wonders. Trying to recount the years. I just can't . Flashes of events and the people I knew. My mind tends to freeze up hunting for answers. All i know is I am way older than any man should be. There was a dark period after the catastrophy. Meteors showers for weeks on end. Earthquakes, Wars. Magnetic storms. Famines. All the comforts we have created for ourselves, gone.

There was a strange virus going around before this all. The Doctors weren't hopeful. I think they gave me some experimental vaccine in a last ditch effort. It must of done more than just immune me. It slowed my aging.

After the catastrophy survival was everones priority, what was left of us. Keeping dates and time was far from our mind. Day light and seasons is as far as anyone could follow. It wasn't just cities and buildings that were destroyed or left to decay. It was like we have collectively lost our souls. It was a dark period of deep dispair. Many took thier own lives, surviving was something they couldn't do. From having the ease of buying food to gathering and hunting for it. Soon , those who had guns ran out of bullets and then after threw thier guns aside. Nothing was manufactured anymore. There was no power to work the plants that survived. All that was electronic and electric were fused in the magnetic storms. This may have also have been due to the wars and types of bombs used. We knew so much as a society but as indivduals we seem to know next to nothing for we couldn't recreate what our fathers and fore fathers have.

How quickly we have fell from our pedisals and flat on our faces.

All those I knew and loved I burried long ago and their children and theirs too. There is no one to my knowledge that has seen the world the way it was in it's so called glory. Yes they have heard stories passed on from their parents, but this already seems too far remote to believe.

This is probably the reason why the villagers keep me. I am too old to hunt or do much . The effects of age has caught up to me. The children love me even tho I am an oddity. The adults scoff at my stories yet I notice them sitting on the far side of the fire listening in remembering probably how I fascinated them too when they were children.

My stories fascinates them , the children. I have to tell it in terms they can understand or anyone can understand. Vehicles that travelled far on land that a day walk would only take minutes, and those that could fly far over the horizon where if it was day here it would be dark there. Devices that talked and showed images of far places. That helped us talk to each other , pass and hold knowledge, that even played music. Music. How can one describe that which they never heard.

I feel a tug again " how old are you ..... ?"

I look down at Jenny " I really don't know, but I know your mother and have told her stories when she was your age and her mother too. You all have those bright beautiful blue eyes"

I have told of huge cities with towering buildings of many floors that were high as mountains. I avoid the real reasons why they are no more. Nor do I tell them of the global conflicts and destruction they were capable of.

With the little they have now they seem to live in much peace. Lifes nessecities seem simple , just food and shelter. It is wonderful to see the village actually celibrate a birth. They are so not wieghed down by societies sins. In a way I envy them. I am not from this world. I knew of a different one that left me behind. Just over two full lifetimes I have lived I have over stayed my welcome.

Jenny fell asleep again , and it was time for the children to go to bed. It is this part of the day I appreciate. My little Jewel sleeping and dreaming of a better world .
Old 09-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Deactivated Account

El Barto, your stories fascinate me too. Welcome back !

and, I miss your poetry ( hint, hint )

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-02-2013, 09:18 PM
El Barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
El Barto, your stories fascinate me too. Welcome back !

and, I miss your poetry ( hint, hint )

Dream Angel xx
I haven't been inspired much lately to write poetry...hint all you want your eye is going to get sore

I was inspired by the Mayan prediction .... boy was I dissapointed .... worst appocolypse ever !!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Deactivated Account

you should know better than to fall for the end of the world or whatever predicitions !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction