Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2006, 02:24 AM
BLAIR2BE

well, first the understanding of the i and i/namaste ideology. also, rastafari believe in living as "natural" man; a purity of body and mind, a natural state of mind.....lets say, un conforming. non conforming to the laws of man. where one lives by the natural laws of god... to use reason, to look within for spiritual answers, for world view... to look within so one's view is not clouded by the programing of society; the smoke, of altered text books; the negative and detramental way in which modern "pop culture" lives.
a wordly quest of unity, for all mankind; to look for inner peace here, on earth, within ourselves, before we can expect a great god to "enlighten" us, to come down and save us from ourselves. peace and understanding will come from within. with personal enlightenment, "god" will "show itself" (so to speak). these are the ideals rastafari has shown me in the past. and i liked these ideals, thus i adopted them. and with time, the meanings become more clear. (my interpretations may be "off", but that makes little difference)

to answer your second question:
when i first listened to raggea music, it was as if i knew the music already. as if the beats and melodies and lyrics already played in my head, long ago. it was a nastalgic feeling, and peaceful. i fell in love with the music instantly. i became curious to learn more about where this music, and the message was coming from. so i did some research. much of the rasta religion means nothing to me, but many of the fundamental ideals touched me.
Old 17-10-2006, 02:41 AM
kundalini

Very interesting BLAIR2BE.

I completely agree with the rastafari ideals that you have put forth. It makes complete sense to me that the answers can be found within, rather than from outside influences...unless of course, those outside influences are the result of answers that have been found within other people's inner quest and that they are the right answers.

I have never really listen to reggae music. I might see if I can get a hold of any Bob Marley tracks. I remember now that you posted some of his lyrics at this forum and I remember that the lyrics were very understanding of life.

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

Kundalini.
Old 17-10-2006, 02:45 AM
BLAIR2BE

one final note, in response to your post... many or most true believers of rastafari, regularly get together for "reasonings"; meetings where participants discuss and share the "answers" and insights that they have to offer, they will reason these down to come to a common understanding of life. much like what the aim of this board is!!

thank you for reading:)
Old 17-10-2006, 03:05 AM
kundalini

Lol, very well-put and most discerning of you BLAIR2BE. It sounds like the Rastafari have a very good framework to work their beliefs within.

Kundalini.
Old 17-10-2006, 10:28 AM
rose

:) when i was 12 i wanted to grow dreads and run away to jamaica. it seemed like home when i listened to bob marley and jimmy cliff. so i know why you became rasta after listening. music is SO powerful. and the rastafarian religion is so lovely and gentle.

reggae music is huge is new zealand. always has been. nearly everyone over the age of 35 went to the legendary bob marley concert. he and our people really connected. dub music has been a huge part of our music scene in the last few years.

did you know we have a rastafarian mp? (member of parliament)...well we did have. just got back to NZ and am not sure if he is still in government. but cool huh?

a dreadhead in the parliament :)
Old 17-10-2006, 03:45 PM
kundalini

Hi rose, what is dub music?

Thanks,

Kundalini.
Old 17-10-2006, 11:23 PM
BLAIR2BE

hey rose,
one clarification, im not rastafari, as i do not believe in the core teachings, just many aspects of the faith.
i will always mourn the fact that i will never see bob marley perform. the great one's just dont live long. perhaps they go once there work is done...rasta pm? interesting....
Old 18-10-2006, 09:05 AM
rose

hi kundalini :) it's sort of hard to define dub music. it originated in jamaica from reggae but is more bassy and drum focused. one particular sound that defines it is the echo of a sound repeated and faded out, a reverb.

in NZ our biggest bands are salmonella dub and fat freddy's drop. iconic NZ music now. lee scratch perry is a legendary jamaican artist. the mad professor and asian dub foundation from britain. if you want to find one song that i believe sums it up...and the fact that it is one of my favourite songs....is Hope For a Generation by Fat Freddy's Drop.

hope this is of some help as i'm not too good at musical terminology.

blair - i wish i'd had a chance to see him perform too. he was such a wonderful artist. that's awesome that you get benefits from rastafari teachings. many faiths ahve so much to teach us. i don't believe we need to follow them completely :)
Old 18-10-2006, 03:04 PM
kundalini

Thanks for that rose, I'll see if I can get a hold of any of the artists tracks you mentioned!

Kundalini.
Old 25-10-2006, 12:12 AM
BLAIR2BE

speaking of language modification in rastafari............

http://www.nobeliefs.com/eprime.htm

a non rasta perspective...
Closed Thread