Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 23-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Chikari

Question about sacred spaces

I know when we work magic or are honoring the divine we are supposed to be in a sacred place to help us keep a respectful and focused mindset. However, in most of the wicca 101 type books ive read they make it seem like this has to be a seperate place from where you normally do mundane things. My question is if its alright for the place where I connect with the divine, read tarot, and practice magic is just simply in my room.
Old 24-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Master

If you are lucky enough to have a separate place or have a grove outside that's great but not everybody does. A space is made sacred by cleansing it and casting a circle - and you can do that in your own room.

It used to be recommended that a circle for solo work was 9 feet in diameter but , really you can make a circle whatever size you wish. If, when you say "connect with the divine", you're speaking of meditation or "talking" to your special deity then you don't need to cast a circle and you don't need to cast a circle to do Tarot readings. However, to do magic, especially if you're going to be calling on the Elements or a specific deity for deity magic etc. then you really should cast the circle , as you should when doing any kind of ritual.

It would be nice if you had space to set up a small altar - this can be done on a table or I even know people who use a shelf (although I'd prefer a small table then when you cast the circle your altar can sit nicely within your circle.
Old 24-07-2014, 05:35 AM
Master

Double post, sorry
Old 24-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Chikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
If you are lucky enough to have a separate place or have a grove outside that's great but not everybody does. A space is made sacred by cleansing it and casting a circle - and you can do that in your own room.

It used to be recommended that a circle for solo work was 9 feet in diameter but , really you can make a circle whatever size you wish. If, when you say "connect with the divine", you're speaking of meditation or "talking" to your special deity then you don't need to cast a circle and you don't need to cast a circle to do Tarot readings. However, to do magic, especially if you're going to be calling on the Elements or a specific deity for deity magic etc. then you really should cast the circle , as you should when doing any kind of ritual.

It would be nice if you had space to set up a small altar - this can be done on a table or I even know people who use a shelf (although I'd prefer a small table then when you cast the circle your altar can sit nicely within your circle.

Thank you! :)
Old 24-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Master
Quote:

Jenny, how do you cast your circles?
Old 24-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Master

For over thirty years I used to do it the Gardnerian way with an athame, consecrated, salt water and fire starting each time I go around in the North. Then I used to call the Quarters (Watchtowers etc.)

These days I am treading a Celtic path and use my wand and start in the East. I don't call on the Watchtowers but I do call in Guardians.

Don't know if I've answered your question properly for you - let me know if you need any more info.
Old 29-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
For over thirty years I used to do it the Gardnerian way with an athame, consecrated, salt water and fire starting each time I go around in the North. Then I used to call the Quarters (Watchtowers etc.)

These days I am treading a Celtic path and use my wand and start in the East. I don't call on the Watchtowers but I do call in Guardians.

Don't know if I've answered your question properly for you - let me know if you need any more info.

Yes, you definitely answered it. Thanks