Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
http://www.mcmillinmedia.com/basques/

here's an interesting site.

.-. Wow that's a lot to read. Will take me a while to get through it all. Thanks though.
Old 17-06-2014, 02:18 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
So Atlantis was like an ancient city on Earth somewhere? Did the Atlanteans come from somewhere else then (from other star systems I assume?) and basically migrate to Earth?

Thanks.

atlantis was a continent. they say the bahamas and the azores are part of that continent.

all i can speak for is our (cherokee) migration history which says we originated in the pleaides and came to atlantis, then migrated to south america. archeologists have found evidence of the cherokee being in the southern part of south america. (which we could have told them) lol
Old 17-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
so you believe that our earth has only been home to people born on earth? and no extraterrestrials have come here?

Not necessarily. I don't know.

I do believe that earth is not the only home to sentient life. I think to believe otherwise is absurd, given the sheer size of the universe and the number of stars and planets in it. Whether any actually visited here, I don't know, but to be honest I sort of doubt (but I don't doubt the idea particularly strongly).

I note in later (or earlier) posts, Atlantis and Egypt are mentioned, and its been noted how some magnificent advances seemed very sudden, almost as though the people were given the information they need. Perhaps they were, and perhaps even by 'people' who are not of this world, but that doesn't mean that those that did these great achievements were extra-terrestrial. It just means that perhaps they were skilled at communicated with spirits (and spirits doesn't mean ghosts or anything like that - just sentient energies, as in humans and animals and pretty much everything).

In any case, people do make sudden leaps in understanding. It happens to everyone it was has come to be casually known as 'Eureka moments'. We all have masses and masses of information floating around inside our brains, and ideas bouncing off each other, and sometimes the right combination of little bits of idea or knowledge smash together and scream out in your brain, 'this is how such and such works'. Or of course, as some legends suggest, there could be spirits or deities that we often call 'muses' (spirits who's job seems to be to inject inspiration and make you think it was your own idea).

None of this rules out the possibility that the Mayans were extra terrestrial, I just don't think they were. None of it means that extra terrestrials don't exist, I'm as convinced as I can be that they do.
Old 17-06-2014, 06:41 PM
elisi

there are too many cultures that talk of 'star people' or 'those that came from the heavens'-as in the case of the hopi, they were talking about actual people, not spirits.

i know we can have 'eureke' moments...but from a farm community to understanding of pi?

i'm glad you're at least open to the idea. myself, i'm convinced by all the origin stories, cave drawings, etc. i've researched.

ps a fascinating read is of zecharia sitchens books-they're the translations of the ancient summerian codexes. according to the summerians, there were definately 'gods' who came to earth, had extroidinary knowledge, flying machines and knowledge of dna and medicine and mated with the prehistoric peoples.
Old 17-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
there are too many cultures that talk of 'star people' or 'those that came from the heavens'-as in the case of the hopi, they were talking about actual people, not spirits.

People who studied the stars perhaps? The exact translation lost over the centuries to end up as something else?

Quote:
i know we can have 'eureke' moments...but from a farm community to understanding of pi?

Why not? Never underestimate 'the farming community'. The average farmer understands things a lot better than the average towny. They have to, otherwise they lose their livelihood (in modern western farming) or potentially their lives (in poor countries now, and anywhere in bygone times).

I'm not particularly clever. Certainly no more than average. Yet I've received great insights through visions and what I think might be implanted knowledge, just pushed into my mind from somewhere else.

I once had a sudden and unexpected vision which showed me why a pentagram is pentagram shaped. In this vision, a perfect square just appeared before my eyes (I was even awake and not meditating or anything, although I might have accidentally been exposed to the fumes of certain herbs burning). The square was 2 dimensional, as squares are. A square doesn't contain anything, being 2D. But then all of a sudden, it started to pivot and twist on itself, still a square, but falling into layers all slightly out of phase from each other, but still the same square. I saw in this way, as the square rotates and pivots through an infinite number of dimensions, it connects everything to everything else (pretty much impossible to put into words, but it made perfect sense then, and it makes perfect sense to me now, even though I'm struggling to put it into words). Pi is not mathematically difficult to figure out. We know that ancient civilisations studied the heavens, and we know that they had good mathematicians. A skilled and diligent observer of the sky, where everything moves in circles and elipses who is also pretty handy with numbers, isn't going to take too long to figure out pi.
Old 17-06-2014, 07:45 PM
elisi

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vi...en_races06.htm

scroll down to hope and ufo's.

again, very compelling.
Old 17-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vi...en_races06.htm

scroll down to hope and ufo's.

again, very compelling.

Compelling, perhaps. And I'm not going to completely dismiss the idea, because the basic fact is, neither of us can be certain.

But here's a question. Why would a race advanced enough to travel vast distances across space allow us to know that that's what they did? If they wanted us to know, surely they had the capability to ensure that we would know. A race that advanced would surely not rely on rock art, knowing it would erode over time, as a way of leaving a record. And if they did not want us to know, surely a race that advanced would know how to properly cover their tracks.
Old 17-06-2014, 08:07 PM
elisi

if i understand your comment about the rock art-the aboriginies drew the art, not the visitors. i don't think they cared less about covering their tracks.

according to the histories of the people that they recorded, it appears that most of this activity was in ancient times.

my beliefs are based heavily on the book 'the 12th planet'. it's pretty technical-based on the decoding of the summerian texts. it's a good read if you're interested.
Old 17-06-2014, 08:20 PM
elisi

http://rense.com/general9/adam.htm

how adam came to be.
Old 17-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
if i understand your comment about the rock art-the aboriginies drew the art, not the visitors. i don't think they cared less about covering their tracks.

according to the histories of the people that they recorded, it appears that most of this activity was in ancient times.

I wonder why they haven't been back? Or if they have, why there is no credible evidence of recent visits. Again, not dismissing the idea, its just in my nature to question everything.

Quote:
my beliefs are based heavily on the book 'the 12th planet'. it's pretty technical-based on the decoding of the summerian texts. it's a good read if you're interested.

I'm always interested. I might have a look for that book. The trouble is, I have about a gazillion books I want to read.

EDIT: I've ordered it now I hope it's as good as you say it is

I also ordered another book. Natural Magic by Doreen Valiente. She's apparently one of the witches from the coven down in Dorset that Gardner managed to become pals with. They should arrive by the time I've finished the book I'm on at the moment, which is one of Gardner's (can't remember the title). He talks a lot of the Summerians, but his take on it is that they were worshippers of the stars as well as great scientists of their day. He suggests they could build crude flying machines which were in effect hot air balloons. His logic being that there is evidence that they could produce good silks and varnishes, and understood that warm air rises. He also considers that they may have built huge kites capability of lifting someone aloft. He uses this theory to suggest how it may have been possible to build things/mark things out, that would only mean anything when viewed from a considerable height. Seems plausible, but again, I keep an open mind because we can't be sure.