Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 08-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
If Adam & Eve were the first people on Earth and Cain & Abel were the first children--then where did Cain's wife come from?

The only thing that i can come up with is that Cain's wife was one of his younger sisters. They were a close family, very close.

mj
Old 08-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
was mary really a virgin or was she artificially inseminated?

If God put "His" in her, is she still really a virgin?

mj
Old 09-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Master

Strange the fascination with running down someone else's religion. Tell me again, how is this spiritual?

This forum is overrun with New Age fundamentalism. Fundamentalists are usually very outspoken making it seem like all in their religion are like that, but it's not really the case.
Old 15-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Master
I don't think the Virgin Conception has anything to do with Mary's biology.

The Virgin Conception was the only way at the time for Matthew, and then Luke who borrowed the story, to make sense of Jesus' identity as the Son of God.
It probably didn't register fully to the Christian-Gentile/Pagan-Christian world about "Son of God" unless it mirrored their Emperor Augustus who was supposedly the product of a virgin conception.

I think Matthew was trying to explain the heroism and good fatherly nature of Joseph (Israel's absence of a good dad), and the divine lineage of Israel to David.

Luke is basically trying to make us understand that it was Mary's purity, a woman who was full of grace, full of goodness that brought Jesus into the world, not a patriarchial source. Luke's audience was probably more diverse and Mary's status spoke volumes to the community he preached.

All in all- Mary was the ideal mother since she was holy and pure to be the mother of Christ, and Joseph was the good father than Jesus and "Israel" always needed.
Joseph, Mary, and Jesus also represent the Trinity. Father, Holy Spirit, Son. Luke is a very feminine, good news to women Gospel that touches everybody.

Jesus identifying himself with a divine identity "the son of God" or "a son of God" what have you came from within and his remembrance of that primordial state. We all tend to forget and lose sight of the spiritual because of the carnal mind. Jesus remembered who and what we are at the age of 12 so says Matthew and Luke. His purity came from the fact that he had little to no entanglements with the physical world (only good karma).
Old 15-06-2014, 10:39 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Strange the fascination with running down someone else's religion. Tell me again, how is this spiritual?

This forum is overrun with New Age fundamentalism. Fundamentalists are usually very outspoken making it seem like all in their religion are like that, but it's not really the case.

i started this thread with the idea of looking at other possibilities and speculation. nowhere have i trashed anyone elses' religion. and for the record, i am not a 'new age fundamentalist'.

that is, if you are referring to me personally.
Old 15-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Master
There will always be controversy between what is written and what is true.
It is up to our individual selves to 'sort out the wheat from the chaff', so to speak.
Whenever we discover the truth behind anything written, even if it seems as plain as day, or so far beyond imagining, we receive a 'knowing' that is doubtless.
This 'knowing' is not of body-mind, but one of spirit-mind. That is why 'knowing' can be so indescribable/unexplainable, yet is certain.
Because of this, controversy remains. Forcing us to trust, or have faith, in the truth revealed (revelation) to us.
Old 20-06-2014, 09:40 PM
Master

[quote=Morpheus]If this... if that, probables, and probablies... If that is what you prefer, then so be it. Live with the consequences.

[color=black]Meanwhile, Science today, since Einstein, tells us in the Physicists findings, and statements that, "if you want to understand the Universe, you must think about Frequencies, vibrations and Resonance

String theory(frequencies, vibrations and resonance) is consistent with the creation stories in the Bible. God created by speaking. Similar in the gospel of John it begins by saying......in the beginning was the Word and the Word was God.
Old 21-06-2014, 06:34 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
This 'knowing' is not of body-mind, but one of spirit-mind. That is why 'knowing' can be so indescribable/unexplainable, yet is certain.
Because of this, controversy remains. Forcing us to trust, or have faith, in the truth revealed (revelation) to us.
I'm not sure about this. We all 'know' different things. They can't all be correct.
Old 21-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
I'm not sure about this. We all 'know' different things. They can't all be correct.
Maybe you are correct, then again maybe not. Parables and paradoxes are famous for this.
Each to our own 'knowing'. Our 'knowing' is for us alone, for our level of faith or awakening. It may seem incorrect to someone else, but correct for the one 'knowing'.