Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 25-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Ascender
I know about gris gris and that voodoo can be used for protection, luck, love and money.
I just feel safer not tangling with voodoo and hoodoo, because bad things do happen.
Old 25-04-2014, 10:08 PM
somnium

To the christians- i call it the power of faith and miracles.
To the wiccans-, pagans, and sorcerers it is magic and awareness, intent
To the scientist-it is the law of attraction, or multiple reality theory
To the shrink- I dont know what you are taking about.. magic??
Old 25-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
I know about gris gris and that voodoo can be used for protection, luck, love and money.
I just feel safer not tangling with voodoo and hoodoo, because bad things do happen.

Hi Lilyth - I'm really not trying to pick a fight here but can you illucidate on "bad things do happen" - are you talking about things that you've heard about or are you talking about things that you have read about or personally experienced - I'm really interested

Blessings,
Jenny Crow
Old 26-04-2014, 04:30 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Hi Lilyth - I'm really not trying to pick a fight here but can you illucidate on "bad things do happen" - are you talking about things that you've heard about or are you talking about things that you have read about or personally experienced - I'm really interested

Blessings,
Jenny Crow

I read about gris gris and vodoun.
I stay away from Haitian because of its history. Whether it's true about people being turned into living zombies or not, and as much respect as I have for Baron Samedi and the rest of the Loa, I stay away from it because I don't think you should mess with forces you do not fully understand.
Old 26-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Lorelyen

Oh dear, you open up a discussion too broad for the thread. You seem to have been indoctrinated by Saint Hollywood. Baron Samedi? (I shouldn't be laughing here so let me straighten my face). What about yer Christian saints? But as you confess to not understanding, your unawareness of how they syncretize with the Loa is expected.

Vodou is a way of life. It isn't a set of forces that can turn you into a zombi if you mess with them!

But you're certainly right - it's dangerous to mess with forces you don't understand. It might be better to get some understanding before engaging in any religious activity - they all involve forces that, messed with, can lead to trouble. You have another poster here who has been so indoctrinated as to be effectively a zombi, unable to drive hir own life outside the very tight control of that indoctrination. She/he believes she is Christian but is so far from the tolerance embodied in the teachings of Jesus as to be lost, as far as I can see!

Above all, Vodou is no more magic than Christianity or any other religion.

Old 27-04-2014, 03:59 AM
Master

Thanks for replying Lilyth Von Gore, you're right - it IS best to stay away from forces you don't understand.

Good post Lorelyen, well said!
Old 27-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Oh dear, you open up a discussion too broad for the thread. You seem to have been indoctrinated by Saint Hollywood. Baron Samedi? (I shouldn't be laughing here so let me straighten my face). What about yer Christian saints? But as you confess to not understanding, your unawareness of how they syncretize with the Loa is expected.

Vodou is a way of life. It isn't a set of forces that can turn you into a zombi if you mess with them!

But you're certainly right - it's dangerous to mess with forces you don't understand. It might be better to get some understanding before engaging in any religious activity - they all involve forces that, messed with, can lead to trouble. You have another poster here who has been so indoctrinated as to be effectively a zombi, unable to drive hir own life outside the very tight control of that indoctrination. She/he believes she is Christian but is so far from the tolerance embodied in the teachings of Jesus as to be lost, as far as I can see!

Above all, Vodou is no more magic than Christianity or any other religion.

I am not Christian. I follow the Norse Gods.
How many times do I have to make the point that not all religion is Abrahamic? Seriously. How difficult is it to grasp that?
Do. Not. Assume.
Old 28-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Niebla0007

I feel I should add my state of belief as well - that Nor do I consider myself a typical "Christian". I made a point of this in one of my post somewhere else; but to the reader, only the ones who can see between the lines and those who are broadminded can see that what I was going on about is simply something about a background of faith (which I am past of in a long time) - that it is far behind my belief system.
In brushing up about how I view Jesus Christ,
I only revere Christ as much as Buddha,
never mind about the incarnated Jesus.
There is a difference in Christians and Christ Consciousness and it is the latter which has to do with my belief system.
http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual...consciousness/-by Steve
Now in getting back to prayer,
surely, those of us here in the forum who had been into all sorts of Ceremonial magic or ritual magic,
should be familiar with how in the basic enochian meditation procedure is
that the one conducting it also takes the time to pray before proceeding into cleansing, and so on.
Thus, to me prayer is only a step into Higher Consciousness
and is not all that is needed to go and experience God and heaven or Summerland.

And as pointed out by Lilyth,
not all religions, and ritual magic practice have to be Abrahamic.
This is for the obvious reason that not everybody is Christian, Cabbalist, Buddhist, Hindu, Islam, etc. _
_and we know that there is not a defined system, method, idea, concept, language, or thinking that can just "save everybody"(magically transcend anybody) but one's ownself first.
Old 28-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Lorelyen

It still comes back to the basic question of which religions condemn magic? And the basic answer is that almost all of them do unless it's their own particular brand of magic. They all use ritual to manipulate the mystical, each claiming their operations are sanctified to harness their unique view of "the truth".

Of course, gnostic currents don't because they will employ anything at their disposal to achieve enlightenment and spiritual advancement.

Old 28-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It still comes back to the basic question of which religions condemn magic? And the basic answer is that almost all of them do unless it's their own particular brand of magic. They all use ritual to manipulate the mystical, each claiming their operations are sanctified to harness their unique view of "the truth".

Of course, gnostic currents don't because they will employ anything at their disposal to achieve enlightenment and spiritual advancement.

No. They don't.
Ásatrú views people, women specifically, who use magick as very important. Witches are called Völvas. They are believed to be blessed by Frigga, who Herself could see into the future. There are also The Norns, the three Sisters who respectively see into the Past, Present and Future.
There are many stories of women in Norse mythology who were Witches and were greatly respected in the respective communities they were in. Seers, Witches, Healers. All considered to be blessed by The Gods.