Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 08-04-2014, 09:01 PM
J_andrew700

True God and other deities

Helloo everyone i have a question, by the way i'm raised catholic/christian but i have an open mind i want to ask a question what are these deities (egyptian gods and greeks gods,etc) in front of the true one God the creator?nand in front of Jesus? Maybe could they be angels? Good spirits? I know its a tricky question but there has to be an answer
Old 09-04-2014, 01:00 AM
Pathfinder
They are exactly what they are: Gods and Goddesses. Just because they come before another god or demi-god doesn't change their nature.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:04 AM
Naddread

There is no true one god that can be defined by man without immediately placing limitations on a supposedly limitless being. Even the term "god" more appropriately describes a defined, limited being/force within the Whole. The gods are these forces differing in respects to the psychology and weltenshauung (worldview) of the peoples that interacted with them. The Christian/Jewish/Islamic god is no different. Born of a polytheistic worldview they were not religions meant to deny the existence of other gods. Just to deny them reverence in favour of a selected one (Yahweh, Allah etc.). Polytheism is a much more wholistic worldview in that it understands that if one must connect with a particular aspect of the natural world then one must understand and connect with that force that is responsible for that aspect. Just as (although a slightly inaccurate metaphor, it serves its purpose here) you don't go to the CEO of a company if you want to know how an obscure piece of equipment on the factory floor works. You go to the person who operates that piece of equipment. As far as where they stand in front of Jesus. I'll leave that one alone.

~Naddread~
Old 09-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Lorelyen

If, as is often the case, one equates God to Creator, then all this lot - life the universe and everything - must have come from somewhere. It is beyond human comprehension because of the limitations of our perceptive abilities - but something manifested it. We don't have to anthropomorphise God. The Kabbalists had it right with Ain, Ain Soph, Ain Soph Aur.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_andrew700
Helloo .............. what are these deities (egyptian gods and greeks gods,etc) in front of the true one God the creator? and in front of Jesus? Maybe could they be angels? Good spirits? I know its a tricky question but there has to be an answer

That one true God the creator is only YOUR one true god; he is a god among many.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Argento

I don't think that God is a being....I think that God is everything in existence...the universe itself is God and possibly other universes too
Old 13-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argento
I don't think that God is a being....I think that God is everything in existence...the universe itself is God and possibly other universes too

That's a good assessment Argento.

Regarding true origins of mankind, and actual situation apart from the space/time "construct", have you seen this?

http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they.html

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Knower
Here's my take on it:

They are entities who have progressed to a higher dimension than you are currently experiencing. The are fully realized and some of them will appear on Earth at times to help humanity progress. They are the Ascended Masters. When you become fully realized, you will also join them in that higher dimension. If by 'infront' you mean that they are in some way of a higher source than God or Jesus, you are mistaken. They would never claim to be of a higher source than God because for them to become fully realized they would have to fully believe that God is the highest source in creation. Jesus also progressed to the same dimension when he left Earth (the second time, not the first).
Old 13-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Master

According to the Ascended Master Teachings a MASTER is a human being that has taken the Fifth Initiation & is thereby capable of dwelling on the 5th. dimension.
An ASCENDED MASTER has taken the Sixth Initiation and is thereby capable of dwelling on the 6th dimension.

IMHO that is something quite different from a God or Goddess
Old 13-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Master
I don't know if I trust a lot of teachings that can found in the "new age vacuum" only because there are too many people claiming to channel and be enlightened and they just are not.

If it is a teaching that truly helps you see the world differently from a non-dualistic viewpoint, that person is truly a Mystic.

Richard Rohr, a Franciscan by tradition, is a universal mystic. The Dalai Lama is very much a mystic. So is the current Pope Francis in my opinion. Mystics may have differing political views or ideas or different traditions but they "perceive" reality the same, or at least perceive the same "Ultimate Reality" which we call God, Allah, Ishvara, the Lord, etc.

--

There are levels of being which are categorized as "choirs of angels". You have spirit-guides at the bottom who were recently human or in-between incarnations and they help us and act as angels. Then you do have angels and archangels who never incarnate and are part of an entirely different evolution.

And I think, I may be Wrong, that there is another level which is the "Communion of Saints". This level is a plane where you encounter souls who no longer need to incarnate and they continue their evolution in the spiritual realms.

Every time I call on Saint Francis he immediately helps whether for good or ill. He helped me find my cat but also took my cat to the Other-Side. It is a long story for a different thread.

I think there is an even higher level than the saints and archangels which is called "the Masters". These beings are pretty much independent and are "gods". They are masters because they mastered life but they would not go around calling themselves masters and they wouldn't call themselves "gods". There is no separate self in their consciousness, they are very much themselves but one with the Divine Self (God).

"Know thyself to be thyself, but to be one with God Himself". - Edgar Cayce.

"Why do you condemn me for calling myself the Son of God. Does it not say in your Law that ye are gods?"- Jesus/Psalms.

Jesus and his mother Mary were sent to incarnate on earth to revitalize the divine image within us since it became bemused and abused through human history.

Mary/Jesus descended from this highest realm "the Kingdom of God" for a specific mission.

Jesus was a "God-incarnation", he was the Vehicle of God's consciousness in that lifetime for our benefit and salvation.