Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 03-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Experiencer

If tarot cards are kept in a messy environment can that clutter/mess up the reading?

Even if you knock a few times on them to clear the energy if you keep your cards in a cluttered/messy environment can that still clutter them? even if you knock on them? could it screw up a reading?

Also I wanted to ask another question! sorry for question overload Im fairly new at tarot so I apologize! so my last question is, Do the answers only refer to your present situation? For example If I ask tarot what my friend situation will be like if I lose weight, will it be more pertaining to the current because I have not started my weight loss journey yet so will tarot more look at the current situation (I which im not losing weight and give me an answer on my current situation rather than what I want to do? in future In other ways is it more clear to ask tarot when I lose weight what will my friend situation be' or is it better to ask when I have lost weight 'Now that I lost weight what will my friend situation be like?'
Sorry if that's not making any sense!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:02 AM
LarimarSpirit

I don't think messiness matters too much unless it matters to you. The state of the mind of the reader is the most important and influential thing on a reading. If you believe that having a messy area is going to effect the reading, then it will.

I've done readings when my room is messy, clean, indoors, outdoors, parties, private occasions, and all times of day-- the main thing that mattered was my state of mind and my ability to focus.

Tarot readings don't always pertain just to the present. Readings can show the possibilities of the future. When you ask your question and shuffle be clear that you want the cards to show you the future possibilities, rather than the present.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:19 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by memo20
Even if you knock a few times on them to clear the energy if you keep your cards in a cluttered/messy environment can that still clutter them? even if you knock on them? could it screw up a reading?

It is the intention of the energy your projecting towards the cards that matters. One of the best readings I have had came from someone that had to literally DIG under his bed to find his deck His room was the biggest mess....but the readings were spot on amazing every time.

Also I wanted to ask another question! sorry for question overload Im fairly new at tarot so I apologize! so my last question is, Do the answers only refer to your present situation?

There is no time and space associated with cards or readings its a guideline is all. I have done readings where the person has said "that is meaningless" to come back as much as a year later and go OMG that was so bang on if I had read it deeper and took it in at the time of the reading so much might have not had to happen.

For example If I ask tarot what my friend situation will be like if I lose weight, will it be more pertaining to the current because I have not started my weight loss journey yet so will tarot more look at the current situation (I which im not losing weight and give me an answer on my current situation rather than what I want to do?

The energy is picked up that the idea of weight loss is there in your energy view that is projected then onto the cards. So it makes sense it might well show up in the readings.
in future In other ways is it more clear to ask tarot when I lose weight what will my friend situation be' or is it better to ask when I have lost weight 'Now that I lost weight what will my friend situation be like?'
Sorry if that's not making any sense!

It might more be a reminder message that while the weight comes off too it can go back on That it takes work and a lot of it to maintain what one has achieved.

Lynn
Old 05-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Pamuya

I have been thinking about this, I have never "knocked" (what ever that means) a deck. I keep a deck in my hand bag which I use for reading, my hand bag is one of the most disorganized places, and I have never had a problem.

On tarot forums I have noticed a lot of readers get caught up in superstitions. I guess if you let them mess with your mind they can effect your readings. Each card has a spectrum of meanings. It is up to you as the reader to use what ever powers you draw from to decide which meaning to use. That comes with in you, not the cards, the cards are a guide. This is how I was taught, the magic is not in the cards, the magic is within you.

I do have a regimen that I follow each time that I do a reading, I feel it is more to relax my mind, to be open to my intuition. Everyone has their own beliefs and I respect that, you need to find what is best for you.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:19 AM
LarimarSpirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamuya
I have been thinking about this, I have never "knocked" (what ever that means) a deck. I keep a deck in my hand bag which I use for reading, my hand bag is one of the most disorganized places, and I have never had a problem.

On tarot forums I have noticed a lot of readers get caught up in superstitions. I guess if you let them mess with your mind they can effect your readings. Each card has a spectrum of meanings. It is up to you as the reader to use what ever powers you draw from to decide which meaning to use. That comes with in you, not the cards, the cards are a guide. This is how I was taught, the magic is not in the cards, the magic is within you.

I do have a regimen that I follow each time that I do a reading, I feel it is more to relax my mind, to be open to my intuition. Everyone has their own beliefs and I respect that, you need to find what is best for you.

I think they mean the technique of knocking on a deck with your fist (Like you would a door) to knock negative energy loose and thus cleanse to clear the deck. I've seen it mentioned in Doreen Virtue oracle decks.