Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-08-2013, 07:38 PM
ConradM

Wicca evil?

As I am browsing YouTube I'm coming across videos about how Wicca is evil and will lead one down a destructive path. Why are people trying to bash such a peaceful religion?
Old 17-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Experiencer

I know nothing of Wicca and I'm not religious really but it seems to me that every religion has its "bashers" ...
Old 17-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Animus27

As Lucid68 pointed out, every religion has it's opposition, especially a new one with symbolism that can be easily seen as negative.
Old 18-08-2013, 01:37 AM
spiritspark8

Its just fear and its ignorance to the religion. It is just an earth based religion.
Old 18-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradM
As I am browsing YouTube I'm coming across videos about how Wicca is evil and will lead one down a destructive path. Why are people trying to bash such a peaceful religion?

One single word - Ignorance !

OK, the Pagan community in general [myself included] often "bashes" wicca, not because of "evil" but because of triviality - "fluffy bunnies" etc. This is like an older generation deriding a younger one so it's all in the family so to speak.
Old 18-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Master

Quote:
The internet is basically super dumb. Spending time listening to what people say on youtube kills brain cells.
Old 18-08-2013, 07:45 PM
ConradM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
The internet is basically super dumb. Spending time listening to what people say on youtube kills brain cells.
LOL I agree
Old 18-08-2013, 09:20 PM
InCarna

As Seawolf said, the internet is super dumb. Also Christians think Wicca is like, Satanism somehow. They're super scared of it because they pass around a lot of made-up horror stories about it like how witches sacrifice children or whatever (at least, here in the United States it's really rampant) and certain very extreme (fundamentalist) types would love to return to the burning times and are not shy about saying so behind a pulpit every Sunday. They're heavily involved in scare campaigns to keep everyone away from New Age, Wicca, Paganism, and so on. Just ignore it. Bunch of ignorant and hateful people, not worth anyone's time. ;)
Old 19-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Every religion is bashed by someone, typically those from other religions. This is basically due to fear and ego of the individuals who do the bashing. People/ego want to feel righteous and superior. The result is putting down others.
Old 19-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Master
Conrad, just a final word. Don't EVER confuse American wicca with British ! Two totally different animals and totally different national cultures.