Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 18-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Ascender
A long time agoI were shown the different ways you can go spiritually and one of the lessons Igot were duo to a situation where I were caught on the streets by a man whowanted me to answerer some questions.

I was tired andhad been at work for 12 hours and was on my way home and didn’t want to answerany question at the time. He persuaded me to follow him into a house where wehad a long conversation.

What I learnedwas that for me there were no greater good in Scientology that I could see inthat conversation and that he tried to force me to join the organization and Iresisted. They don’t believe in any religion and they only take care of themselvesas a cult as I see. This is not living in the light as I try to live my life, Ido not need money to find motivation to help other people. I believe thatreligion and spirituality goes hand in hand and not the way as I see scientologysees it: money and spirituality goes hand in hand.

The group Anonymous have fought Scientology for many years now – maybe you should look atthat.

https://whyweprotest.net/anonymous-scientology/

With peace andlove from me to you

Yours

A Peaceful Mind
Old 18-07-2012, 05:38 AM
Sybilline

I don't quite like what I've heard and read about it, but unlike Buzz I have not read about their book, so I really only know what the media tells me. It's kind of like what the media says about Wicca or Satanism I think, there's a big big big chance it's not all they say it is.

Sometimes I think it's a cult. But then sometimes I wonder what if there's a bigger picture behind their "media front", what if they make the "front" look so unbelievably stupid so that they can filter all the members out? I'm not saying it's stupid, but I am saying that the stuff coming from the media about it sure is.

I sometimes wish they'd change their name though, Science is so much better than that, if that is what Scientology is.
Old 18-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Guide
Scientologists are well known for their vicious legal pursuit of anyone who talks about their religion in a "negative" light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sciento...e_legal_system
Old 18-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Master
L. Ron Hubbard was a writer of third-rate SciFi. This should give you an insight into the Scientology philosophy.
Old 18-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Rin

The practice, certainly the initial ones, may be beneficial but go deeper and look at the philosophy of Scientology and this is quite simply put together by a nutcase.
Scientology shares these characteristics with Falun Dafa.

A truly sad state of affairs that what can deliver good stuff for the people in the short-term does not provide a long-term future without having to subscribe to some really crazy thoughts.
Old 19-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Henri77

It's a highly successful organization.

So I assume it's methods are useful to those who choose to abide by it's rules.
It does require a significant measure of self truth and certainly mental-emotional dicipline.

While Hubbard may be less than a model citizen I doubt he's a nutcase.

Weather the organization is truly tyrannical is probably still open to debate, but some pretty unsavory stories has been told by former members.
Old 20-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Sybilline

I wish a Scientologist could come in to these forums. I couldn't find anything in their official website. :(
Old 20-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Henri77

Just 2 film documentaries I quickly found,
There are a number on similar documentary sites.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/scien...1_undefined,0_

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/scien...0_undefined,0_ (BBC tv doc)
Old 20-07-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A peaceful mind.
A long time ago I was shown the different ways you can go spiritually and one of the lessons I got was due to a situation where I was caught on the streets by a man who wanted me to answer some questions.

I was tired and had been at work for 12 hours and was on my way home and didn’t want to answer any question at the time.
He persuaded me to follow him into a house where we had a long conversation.

What I learned was that for me there was no greater good in Scientology that I could see in that conversation and that he tried to force me to join the organization and I resisted.
I had a similar experience in '78 in Boston...I wrote on the back of their million questions I would never have anything to do with a group that lies to you.

He said it would take 5 minutes... bull.

(I was curious and had time on my hands so I followed him to a house for fun.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Master
i was drawn to read dianetics and may do yet..though methodological practises for mental health are not an interest of mine...i thought it was more general..as per the silent birth i actually find that interesting...it does not mean that a women shouldn't scream.

Silent birth, sometimes known as quiet birth, is a birthing procedure advised by L. Ron Hubbard and advocated by Scientologists in which "everyone attending the birth should refrain from spoken words as much as possible" and where "... chatty doctors and nurses, shouts to 'PUSH, PUSH' and loud or laughing remarks to 'encourage' are avoided"

considering dmt might be released by the brain at birth and death, i think taking the birthing enviroment into consideration, if thats whats been effectively done here, could be a grand thing...at present birth seems to be treated as aq purely physical event

but the rest could be crazy stuff, i dunno..personally i'm only interested in practical advice...so i'll listen to that, but spiritual guidance, no thanks.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."