Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2007, 03:40 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Hi ljepotica: Humble thanks..

One of the most profound insights i've ever had was realizing that i was doing things that were considered "right and good", that there were humble rewards for doing things like that, but.. i was doing them just because that was "who i am", not because it was "right" or for the rewards.. in fact, that's what made it "right", it was ME!! that discovery brought with it a peace i had never known.. i had become aware that, if i just surrender to my true nature and stop evaluating all the perceived "values".. that my true nature was okay, it really did strive for harmony and the only reward was the satisfaction of being true to myself.. that when i let go of so much of the social complexities, truth emerged.. clean, clear and delicious...

Be well...
Old 28-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Nom

I really thank you. The point is taken! I was seeking isolation cos I were all sick n tired of trying to figure out how I can find happiness in life. But this was not the solution, but running away it was.
Actually I am not an ego problematic kind of person and I know the path leads to the truth lies within me. The only solution is just knowing yourself in and out but I thought ego was an obstacle which hinders me to achieve that. Because I thought it was always showing me other ways which are nothing else than caused me suffering. And I did suffer. I loved someone and she...well I suffered!
I believe what I was trying to do is like cutting his nose off not to feel the rotten smell of the world. But by doing this I were aslo giving up feeling the good smells and at that point there is no pain but no happiness too.
Now I am more happy, at least more "balanced" because I say: "Man, you will keep smelling this ****. Its everywhere and you cant avoid it." I dont know if I am ever able to avoid it or not but since I accepted this I feel peaceful. I am not trying to avoid, I am not struggling to reshape...I think that is what the Tao says: "Wu wei."
Old 28-02-2007, 08:15 PM
dreamer

Hey nom, spend time in a toilet you will smell a lot of ****, spend time in a garden you will smell a lot of Roses - its your choice where you put your nose...and the really amazing thing is the realization that **** fertilizes roses and makes them smell even better!!
Old 28-02-2007, 10:00 PM
angelicious

What is Ego?

To me (just from my own experience with Ego), from within & without of me, Ego exists and doesn't, all at the same time.
It's no longer a seperate part within me, it's now at One within me, working with me in total unity, and in harmonious ways.

Ego was the part I grew to love and accept unconditionally. In return, and over time, it released its grip and opened itself to the light and one-ness and now, I am free. Free to perceive the truth of it all, smile.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:42 AM
Master

EGO is the thinking mechanism of the soul(true self). poor master, good servant.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Eduards

Ego is a bed thing. OK, ''normal size'' ego is ok, but there are a lot of people with very , very big ego and thats really , really bad...
Old 01-03-2007, 12:27 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

It's interesting to observe Egos judging Egos... the ego is an unavoidable aspect of the physical existence.. it is the identity we assign to our physical being.. it is based on feedback from others, personal understandings of existence, and personal goals.. The ego is not a "bad thing", it is just a thing.. There is no "good/bad", only consequences.. and our arbitrary labels of desirability..

Except for the very highly disciplined, ALL incoming data is filtered through the mind and its prejudices.. likewise, all outgoing data is presented through those same prejudices.. what we sense and our responses are almost always products of the ego.. the only issue is whether the sensing and responding contributes to chaos or harmony..

So, imagine that you have cast off this mortal flesh.. there is no "thing" for the spirit to identify with, no clothes to impress, no hair to style, no cool auto to drive, no luxury home to inhabit, no other bodies to impress.. no basis for an ego.. i was humorously amused when one of my students shaved her head and then proceded to tell everyone how she was defying her Ego, getting it under control.. when, all along, it was her Ego pushing her to be seen as controlling that same ego, to raise her status as "in control".... think about it, people that tell us of their conquests over their ego, are really just illustrating how clever that aspect of ourselves is..

Generally, most discussions about Ego serve to illustrate just how clever our egos are.. i know i'm a victim of that game.. so, i acknowledge that part of me that identifies with my physical aspect, i try to school it on the basics of Life, but.. i am also intrigued by its cleverness.. amused at the many ways it emerges outside my awareness, it has provided me with many good belly-laughs..

Ultimately, it is WE that control the ego.. either by letting it have its way, or.. by cultivated discipline.. we make that decision, the spirit is superior to the ego, if we choose to exercise that option..

Be well...
Old 01-03-2007, 10:31 PM
dreamer

Everything is truth at some level, we are all right, cool huh.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:43 PM
angelicious

THE TEACHING OF BUDDHA
BUKKYO DENDO KYOKAI

Chapter two
IMPERMANENCY AND EGOLESSNESS

1. Though both body and mind appear because of cooperating causes, it does not follow that there is an ego-personality. As the body of flesh is an aggregate of elements, it is, therefore, impermanent.

If the body were an ego-personality, it would do this and that as it would determine.

A king has the power to praise or punish as he wishes, but he becomes ill despite his intent or desire, he comes to old age unwillingly, and his fortune and his wishes often have little to do with each other.

Neither is the mind the ego-personality. The human mind is aggregate of causes and conditions. It is in constant change.

If the mind were an ego-personality, it could do this and that as it would determine; but the mind often flies from what it knows is right and chases after evil reluctantly. Still, nothing seems to happen exactly as its ego desires.

Last edited by angelicious : 02-03-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:54 PM
cweiters

E.g.o.

Easing God Out = Ego,

Who I am
What I want
Where I'm going
What I 'm capable of
The power I posses

All are expamples of ego, leaving very little room for the glory of God.

Love to all
cw
Closed Thread