Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 13-02-2014, 02:09 AM
CaityBee

Insight on this reading?

I did a 3 card spread for myself as follows:
1) Questioner (me)
2) Other person (husband)
3) Relationship

I'm looking for advice on how to piece together the three cards that were pulled and how others would read them. Here is what they were:

1) Queen of Swords
2) The Fool
3) VIII of Swords

Thanks in advance!
Old 13-02-2014, 02:33 AM
CaityBee

I found it interesting that in the description from BiddyTarot, she wrote about the Queen of Swords that she "isn't fooled by any one" yet my husband is portrayed as the Fool. We have been going through a rough patch, and generally when we fight it is over the same issues. He can be a complete control freak with a temper and lately I have felt somewhat trapped by his raging emotions. He isn't ALWAYS like that, but once he gets something in his head, it is there to stay for a while til he can relax on his own terms. That is his flaw, and we all have them.

As far as the fool goes, he usually just jumps into ideas without thinking about them first. He is big into business and never thinks of consequences before he does anything (which can be good or bad, but his ambition is something I deeply admire).
I don't know what the Queen of Swords really says about me though. I don't know how to relate to that card. One description referred to her as "independent", and though I am often alone since he is working long long hours and sometimes overnight, and I have to do most things by myself. However, I rely on him almost completely financially at this time in my life. It doesn't make me feel very independent.

With that being said, I wonder if that is why the VIII of Swords was chosen. I felt like I could relate to the woman, as she is blindfolded and trapped and can't really see her options. Also, since he is not a citizen in the states, I am the reason why he is currently able to be here. Maybe he also knows that trapped feeling that I do? Or maybe it's because I can be a financial burden at times?

I hope this doesn't mean that our marriage is in trouble. We are still trying to form a sturdy foundation for us to continue to grow together, but sometimes it is difficult (like any relationship is), not to mention our countless differences culturally (though they do make it a unique and beautiful learning experience at the same time).

Not really looking for relationship advice, but more so about what these cards are trying to tell me about us.

How does this all really fit together? Or do I have it down? I'm looking for other thoughts and perspectives so it can help me advance with my skills.
Old 16-02-2014, 01:45 AM
LanaS

Hi :) Here is how I see these cards, first of all your relationship is not at trouble. Simply there are things you both need to work on, but since you are the queen of swords, you are the wiser one and not as impulsive, sometimes queen of swords shows up for me when I am concerned or even a bit angry, had enough and made a decision. Could this be something similar to your situation? Think you described fool very well and if you can combine fool's sense of adventure and your common sense you might have something really good. :) but 8 of swords as outcome for me means the longer you stay quiet and concerned the longer you'll be trapped, it seems 8 of swords doesn't recommend harsh words or decisions because you might get cut by mighty swords, but it advises a gentle speaking up at the right time, in the right place and a lot of patience. :) Hope it helps :)
Old 16-02-2014, 11:34 PM
CaityBee

Thank you, LanaS, that was very helpful. I'm still a newbie and have only been at it for about two weeks!