Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 29-05-2018, 01:40 PM
Knower

Does this look like genuine quartz?

Thanks ^ ^

Last edited by paperw1ngs : 30-05-2018 at 04:08 AM.
Old 29-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Administrator
Hello

If its real quartz it will have a weight to it....it will be heavy and have a naturally rough surface to it. Even when cut and polished quartz seem to maintain tat slight roughness similar to real pearls.

The effect on it is hard to say it does almost look like it came in one instance to be created as it does seem to spiral.

Have you asked it if its real ? Crystals have a vibration to them, cut glass does not.

Lynn
Old 29-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Knower

Yes it's listed as natural quartz; they also sell "smelt quartz" or man-made quartz (glass) seperately. I guess I'll know what it's here in a month haha..Idk I'm just a bit paranoid about buying things online but I have a pretty good feeling about it; intuition told me to get this for my generator. :P I don't know what a fire and ice quartz dupe would look like-but it was not listed as fire&ice it's just what it appeared to be to me...idk if it's possible in glass...

It's about 8" tall and 2.3lbs
Old 29-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Master
Hi.

Paper, I can not possibly tell you real or not, by an online photo, I personally would have to see and touch the stone.

However, if you came to find this piece was not quartz at all, would knowing this bother you? I ask because you were drawn to the piece whether real or man made. If you are drawn to it, there is a reason you are drawn to it. This has been my experience with the spirit world and being drawn spiritually to something. I've gone into a store and been drawn by items, that are not stones, items that are made of porcelain. I've even felt drawn to a porcelain box that had copies of the same box- more than one, around it on the store shelf. I will pick up a certain particular one. The others will not have the same feel understand?

What I meant to say here, is real or not, there is something particular about this item that you are drawn to. It may be the colors themselves- your spirit may feel you are at this time, in much need of these colors together, or the brighter colors. It is something your higher self knows.

It also even if only glass can have an energy. The item has a past, and it very well could be you are drawn to something about the items past.

My recommendation is to see how you feel about it when it gets to you. Spend time holding the item, setting it up in the atmosphere, do NOT permanently affix it to anything until you know for certain you intend to keep it, however.

Lastly does this company have either a return or refund policy? If so, if you find you do not like the item as much as previously thought- if there is a return, or refund policy, utilize it.

If not, you can always wait and think longer before you buy, and even if it comes out of stock, there may be others you may be able to find elsewhere, and there too may be others, you may even like much more.

Whatever you decide all my best to you.

It has been in my experience however, that I feel even glass has energy.

I have broken glass I am keeping as it has positive memories. Then there is sea glass I can find on the beach in great condition, which by intuition I may not take. The general feeling is- This is better suited to someone else.

Either way all my best to you.
Old 29-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Knower

It would bother me to be honest..I wouldn't want to pay $50 for 8" of shaped glass lol...I was drawn to it greatly...but sometimes alot of the time I find it hard to trust my intuition or fight with my intuition alot ALOT...

Well I have some differening internal voices and I know there is a egoic voice (which I hear more when I am around egoic people too much) and a higher self voice unless I am very cleansed emotionally and spiritually through self care, alot time in nature, regular meditation it can be hard to tell the difference between egoic mind and inuition. So you know any material I can read on that?

Thank you for the connection advice...I was actually just looking how to connect to crystals...there's only a few in my life I felt connected to very greatly; one being a big chunk of obsidan, then my little cracked aqua aura quartz point, and all rose quartz I've come across pretty much..I already bought this crystal but it'll take a couple weeks to arrive and yes they offer refunds.. Thanks!

Also irony the video I was watching right before I read this said that what you feel drawn to is what you need in your life at that time...hopefully I'm not being drawn to a lesson learned about buying online vs what you can actually see and feel in person lol..maybe but nah I'll try and stay positive I've had good luck so far with buying crystals online. :P
Old 29-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Master
A smaller picture would've helped to see.
Looks like real crystal yes. Why question that? Had it been lapis lazuli, fair enough, but regular quartz? Can be found anywhere in the world. Not much reason to fake that.
Does look unlike Fire & Ice. More like a natural crystal with lots of fissures and so on. I actually like it :) It will likely have a lot of rainbows in it.
Old 30-05-2018, 03:19 AM
Knower

Well thanks good glad someone things so :) I guess just cause I watched a video saying never buy crystals from china and alot of quartz from china is actually smelt but I think you're right...it wasn't labeled as fire and ice thats just what it looked like to me; I'm obv no expert on the subject though. Thanks for the positive thoughts. :P
Old 30-05-2018, 05:49 AM
Experiencer
I am 96.5 % sure it's real, but I'll get to that later. First off, I want to address all the China bashing going on lately. China is a great place to buy crystals. There will always be videos and blogs telling people to do this or that, even videos saying things like never buy a ford truck, or maybe even silly things like don't get your kids immunized, it's just one person's opinion, and personally I don't always believe everything on the internet is gospel.

I actually prefer to buy off Chinese sellers, I source 90 % of my crystals from there, and before everyone jumps down my throat, hear me out....

- China has lots of great mines, and is one of the best places to source stones such as quartz, fluorite or even tourmaline.

- Chinese generally love crystals, and it's ingrained in their culture. They know a lot about them, and have a long history with them, and I generally will trust their opinion over many western ones. I have been fortunate to talk to mining operators that actually control extraction procedures, as well as different wholesale vendors.

- When I buy from Chinese, they always package the crystals very nicely with bubblewrap and foam and lots of protective layers. When I buy off Americans they just throw it in a box and I'm lucky if they throw some newspaper around it.

- There are just as many American/Canadian/British Scammers as there are Chinese. In fact most of the Chinese vendors I have done business have been very honest. They have lost sales from me by being honest. I had a red geode that they told me was dyed, and when I inquired about a weird blue quartz they confirmed it was lab treated. If you are wondering if it's real, why don't you just ask them ?

And yes it looks real to me, I have sourced many quartz specimens from China, and I have a large obliesk that is natural that looks very much like your specimen. Smelt ones generally look more perfect like glass sort of. The yellow colour is a little concerning, however it doesn't look like the heat treated or dyed specimens I have seen. They generally appear more vibrant and saturated colour, whereas yours seems naturally coloured. I have a natural citrine from China with similar coloring. Again it's a little hard to tell from one picture, but if I had to gamble, I would say real !

You can get lots of great deals from China. Sure a lot of it might be mined from 9 year olds, but hey...we all love our Iphones and Nike shoes don't we ?
Old 30-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperw1ngs
Well thanks good glad someone things so :) I guess just cause I watched a video saying never buy crystals from china and alot of quartz from china is actually smelt but I think you're right...it wasn't labeled as fire and ice thats just what it looked like to me; I'm obv no expert on the subject though. Thanks for the positive thoughts. :P
No, it doesn't look like Fire & Ice. It's just a nice quartz with lots of fissures, which will give you those wonderful rainbows and/or mirrors when the light catches it. I always love crystals with rainbows, hardly ever buy one without, hihi.
And yes, some Chinese sell fake, but not all. Also, lots of crystal varieties are found in China itself, so then there's no need to fake. For instance rainbow fluorite. I believe most if not all rainbow fluorite comes from China.
And quartz seriously can be found in most every country, it's not rare.
The quality of Chinese crystals usually isn't so high, for that you'd need Brazilian or Madagascar crystals, which is not to say you cannot find a higher vibrational one from China.

What I do with crystals from China is cleanse them. Often crystals from Chinese sellers really need that. No biggie though. I always stick them in water. Leave it in there. If there's a lot of bubbles right away or after a while, refresh the water regularly. Do that for some 12-24 hrs. That clears most of the stuff that needs clearing.
If there aren't many bubbles you're usually good.
Don't do that with crystals like calcites, apatite, selenite, chrysocolla and so on. Quartz is not a problem.
Enjoy it when it arrives!
Old 30-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Administrator
Hello

There is a valid point made we like these crystals and stones a great deal and many come to us from another land. That is not to say they are "fake" as we can have a fake purchased around the corner from us. Its getting to the point now where it hard to spot a fake in person or on line.

I had this in a thrift store this customer told me something I was looking at was "fake" and I would waste money on it, I felt the energy from the stone and it was "real". Seems maybe he knew it was a deal and wanted it for himself or maybe he did not know energy who knows. What I got for $5.00 that evening turned out to be worth $150.00 in a shop.

Too it is not for us to look to how other countries run their country and how things are done. I look around where I live and I see homeless and down and out's, druggies, and thieves, and wonder on it all. Yet to another country this view might disgust them. When you make a purchase your putting out energy and receiving energy in return.

I have come to find that even cut glass has an energy to it that is quite amazing. I collect the blown glass paperweights often with something ornamental in them. They are glasss, they are man made, but they hold an energy to them that can be used.

Lynn