Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 12-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Aquarian

Why can't science detect auras?

We also have instruments which can detect atoms, subatomic particles, even gravitons (via that $9bn, 17 mile long supercollider), but can't detect anything of an aura.

Now I can see auras as well as anyone, excepting people like Barbara Ann Brennan. The latter used to be a NASA researcher. She set out to build an instrument to detect auras and failed.

Why?
Old 12-01-2012, 04:42 AM
Master
Neat question. One would think if an aura is energy, it would be 'detectable'.

Isn't there a type of camera that can take images of auras? My memory fails me... kirlian??

Old 12-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Aquarian

Kirlian detects something that doesn't look much like an aura to me, including for things which probably shouldn't have auras.

You only get the bright lighting effect where the object touches a surface.

Aura cameras are fake.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:41 AM
contentest

I do not see auras, but can hazard a guess anyway:

Consciousness detects auras, and so far science has been remarkably far from creating artificial consciousness.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 AM
Master
I don't think we see auras with our actual eye's, I think we see them from somewhere within, that makes it look like we are seeing them on the outside. Just like when you meet someone new, some of us can feel strait away what this person is like, even though the person is standing in front of us, we see this image of the person from within.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Serenity Bear

Science can detect the aura. Both the Kirlians and Kilner did experiements which detected auras.

The Kirlians (a Russian couple) were experimenting on something else and found leaf auras.

Dr Kilner used a tar base on glass to photograph auras before WW2, sadly due to the war he could no longer get the supplies he needed so his experiments had to stop.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
Science can detect the aura. Both the Kirlians and Kilner did experiements which detected auras.

The Kirlians (a Russian couple) were experimenting on something else and found leaf auras.

Dr Kilner used a tar base on glass to photograph auras before WW2, sadly due to the war he could no longer get the supplies he needed so his experiments had to stop.
I think that leaf auras, are just energy pulsating, I don't think its the same as what we think of as auras.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Deactivated Account

Maybe it is in a range that we as yet have no technology that can go that far up/down the scale?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Master
Or maybe its all in our heads lol.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I don't think we see auras with our actual eye's, I think we see them from somewhere within, that makes it look like we are seeing them on the outside. Just like when you meet someone new, some of us can feel strait away what this person is like, even though the person is standing in front of us, we see this image of the person from within.
I certainly don't use my eyes. My own aura interacts with theirs and I build a mental picture over time.

Quote:
Or maybe its all in our heads lol.
LOL yeah. :)

I've been writing a lot about delusion recently. In respect of psychics, they almost invariably fail any kind of high profile tests set for them.

But if we cannot test what we do, can we do anything? Therefore, I think we need to actively test our abilities.

Also, about once every sixth months, I deliberately doubt everything and see what evidence I have to contradict those doubts.

Last edited by Aquarian : 12-01-2012 at 06:14 PM.