Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 10-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Hypnoticalec

"eating" during meditation.

Ive heard tales of people who are experienced in meditation that can increase body temperature during winters, soul travel & activate the much touted kundalini; but I need confirmation of one in particular, surely we all must know that the solar plexus is our core, which is our stomach, so, this person said he could "absorb" "food/energy" from the air we breathe. How much truth is there to this?
Old 11-07-2015, 12:47 AM
Deactivated Account

just a thought ..... how much truth do you think there is to this ? I don't think it is possible. I could be wrong, though it would be a first time, lol !
Old 11-07-2015, 01:06 AM
Master
Before us humans plunged into this fallen state, i think us humans used to gather energy from the sun pretty much like superman! if plants can do it, why can't we..?. Also i think we where breatharians, do you really think that is oxygen you are breathing..? its energy, atoms, molecules! excalty the same stuff that you are made out of, and also in-which food is made out of (There is no real fundamental difference). But apart of being in this fallen state is complexity, and challenges! and having to acquire food in the manner in which we do now! is in-part in my belief a illusion.

I researched somewhere that are bodies are constantly, splitting apart and then reforming! at a rapid rate. The actual atoms that make us up, are constantly changing at a rapid rate due to our emotional states and beliefs in the moment. If we are pure energy, connected to the entire universe electro-magnetically! which is a infinite energy/power source! why on earth do we suffer from fatigue if we don't eat..?

What on earth is eating food all about..? its a hack of the mind, a illusion.

Good one aswell.

I think when you start looking at the fundamental nature of this universe of matter, the reason why i stated (This Universe) is because there is more beyond this that science cannot detect! but anyway when you start looking at the fundamental nature of this universe, those things you are talking about Hypnoticalec could potentially happen.

All part of the game.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator
Energy is possible to obtain from many things including the air we breathe and sunlight and loving vibrations....etc.
But we are physical bodies too, and live with the laws of Physics and Biology while we are visiting this world. There is no harm in that.
My opinion? (This will probably become outdated in the year 30,000, but....) we need food!
Old 11-07-2015, 02:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
My opinion? (This will probably become outdated in the year 30,000, but....) we need food!

ever hear the song 2525 by Zager & Evans ? interesting song .... ( one can read the rest of the lyrics by searching for the song)

"In the year 4545
You ain't gonna need your teeth
You won't find a thing to chew"
Old 11-07-2015, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
Ive heard tales of people who are experienced in meditation that can increase body temperature during winters, soul travel & activate the much touted kundalini; but I need confirmation of one in particular, surely we all must know that the solar plexus is our core, which is our stomach, so, this person said he could "absorb" "food/energy" from the air we breathe. How much truth is there to this?

Probably very little truth it; it's pretty much all untrue, but there is an interesting video about Yogi Prahlad Jani https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLR3KaATUM

Old 11-07-2015, 04:56 AM
JalissaG

Yes, you can absorb Prana/Qi/Mana from air alone, but it is an advanced skill. I know many master breathworkers who barely eat anything (less than 100 calories a day, at most) and thrive off of just 'air/breath'.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
so, this person said he could "absorb" "food/energy" from the air we breathe. How much truth is there to this?
I personally believe it's possible to live on light and air only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Probably very little truth it; it's pretty much all untrue, but there is an interesting video about Yogi Prahlad Jani https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLR3KaATUM
I've read and heard about Prahlad Jani too.
To me he seems genuine.
What I find most notable about him are his eyes. Maybe it is caused by some sort of deficiency because of his lifestyle.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:42 PM
Hypnoticalec

Thanks everyone, I've reached my conclusion. Oxigen can be a substitute for food but only if you meditate 24/7 or just temporarily in a normal day to day life, say a day or two. Interesting stuff.