Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-06-2019, 01:11 AM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraja
This is all very well but how would we be in the Congo threatened by fanatics
waiting to hack us bits at one end of the street whilst dealing with an outbreak of Ebola
Ah, creation with its viruses and bacteria....mosquitoes and
machete crazed fanatics....nature and all it's destruction!
How do we see God everywhere considering all that!?
Let's put that to the group.
Good one.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-06-2019, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
This is all very well but how would we be in the Congo threatened by fanatics waiting to hack us bits at one end of the street whilst dealing with an outbreak of Ebola

Living in India, even though for the most part it is a tolerant population with diverse cultures, sects & religions, from time to time we have seen bloody riots and savagery.

When a wave of insanity like a tsunami sweeps across the land, we may either survive or perish.

Yet, in the thick of all of this we hear of stories of courage and compassion.

For spherical vision, we must be equal in both day and night, in storm as well as in calm.

The Divine Light shines forth at all times.

Old 15-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ah, creation with its viruses and bacteria....mosquitoes and
machete crazed fanatics....nature and all it's destruction!
How do we see God everywhere considering all that!?
Let's put that to the group.
Good one.
Re: Originally Posted by Jaraja, yesterday.
"This is all very well but how would we be in the Congo threatened by fanatics waiting to hack us to bits
at one end of the street, whilst dealing with an outbreak of Ebola."
>>>>>>

Why is that a good question?
Because it is important for us to realize the seriousness to our inner resolve to connect with God...(Reality, Truth)
This earth is not an 'easy' place. (Tho, it can be depending on many factors.)

My life's focus changed many years ago when I read in Jeremiah 9 that God has said...
but for those who do boast, let them boast of this - that they know and understand me.

It is very imp, in my opinion, at least for me, to understand this whole place...creation and the Creator.
What is the System set up?
And is it possible to understand it? Does God really work in mysterious ways?

Are we to be compared to an ant understanding computers? No.
We have the ability to expand our mind or consciousness to get the whole
reason for existence itself.
Why do bad things happen to good people...why is there an imbalance of
wealth and comforts on earth?
Do we get answers from books? We can get guidance, ideas from others, sure.
But, I say, each person has to desire to know what existence is all about, themselves...inside.
Otherwise what we have is more and more centuries of confusion in our
priorities and purpose...and potential.

Could I tell you all MY take to the imbalances and seeming injustices and cruelties...of course.
Would it satisfy some, maybe.
But you have to know for yourself.
It comes in stillness and silence...also by setting an intention for Knowledge.

That's my input for now...more can said.

Thanks

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-06-2019, 05:33 PM
Master

If we insist that we see God (as we are given to understand this name) everywhere we have to also understand that we are in for some very unpleasant surprises.
Old 15-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
If we insist that we see God (as we are given to understand this name) everywhere we have
to also understand that we are in for some very unpleasant surprises.
Care to expound on this?
I, for one, don't know what you're talking about.
I also have a hard time with cryptic....I'm always pulling teeth from most men to
get anything outta them!

Old 15-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Master

Quote:
This is all very well but how would we be in the Congo threatened by fanatics waiting to hack us bits at one end of the street whilst dealing with an outbreak of Ebola

This is an example of what Patanjali might describe as one of the five modifications of consciousness - an imaginary scenario of the mind which has no basis in reality.

I am not in the Congo threatened by fanatics and dealing with Ebola. I am sitting at my desk on a bright sunny winter morning. God is present here and now. If I imagine myself in the Congo then I am moving away from the here and now into a modification of consciousness, even though that modification of consciousness is also happening in the here and now.

If my physical reality was being in the above situation in the Congo, then that would be my here and now, and God would be equally present. Physically it might be somewhat less pleasant, but God would always be present.

Our awareness of the Divine is a state of consciousness. It does not depend on any particular physical environment.

Peace.
Old 16-06-2019, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This is an example of what Patanjali might describe as one of the five modifications of consciousness - an imaginary scenario of the mind which has no basis in reality.

I am not in the Congo threatened by fanatics and dealing with Ebola. I am sitting at my desk on a bright sunny winter morning. God is present here and now. If I imagine myself in the Congo then I am moving away from the here and now into a modification of consciousness, even though that modification of consciousness is also happening in the here and now.

If my physical reality was being in the above situation in the Congo, then that would be my here and now, and God would be equally present. Physically it might be somewhat less pleasant, but God would always be present.

Our awareness of the Divine is a state of consciousness. It does not depend on any particular physical environment.

Peace.
...or it does, until we can see beyond it and not get stuck in the mere perceptual recognition of how things just appear to be...either individually or collectively.

It is a journey of unfolding...from the more gross levels to the more subtle ones.

For example, I was brought back to this thread, by guthrio posting on a thread I made in the Buddhist forum about how perception is related to experience in the context of moral development.

Now, many on here may perceive each thread on this forum to be a separate and distinct topic in and of itself...I see each of these "threads" to be interwoven into a Divine tapestry of my own understanding which is only limited by my perception.

Not many will be able to see that all my replies and responses are merely a continuation of philosophical thought and argument going from one thread to another...and in such a way, I can also see the discrepancies made by many posters in regards to all these concepts.

Please allow me to share that thread here:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=129929

We choose to see only what suits our agendas at the egotistical level really...and even though such things like wars, ebola, starvation etc, is going on...spare a thought for the weed growing through a crack in the pavement, or the ant pushing a bubble of water uphill like Sisyphus without the surface tension of that bubble breaking due to perpetual motion:

It is also natural for those who can't believe to decry "fraud" and to seek a 'rational explanation' to satisfy their mental ego - believing in the power of the "Almighty Photoshop" as a placating explanation (excuse) as to why certain things just "cannot be so".

While, for those who can see the pareidolia in a cloud that is shaped like a teddy bear, others may say "be that as it may...I still welcome it as a gift from an intelligent designer of the universe".
Old 16-06-2019, 11:43 AM
Wow, great posts...Thank you! :)
Some great wisdom.

Old 22-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Pathfinder

interesting thought

https://www.flowkinesis.com/

if you feel like you have knowledge to share on my site or you just want to talk, contact me at [email protected]
Old 22-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karok
interesting thought
What is?