Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 23-03-2007, 08:57 AM
mattstar

Candle flame during meditation

Morning all,
Two nights ago i was having a really nice meditation, felt really quite switched on with the aid of a lovely new clear quartz crystal - very powerful.

Anyway, the room was dark apart from a well used, lit church candle, the flame i couldnt see due to it being down within the edges of the candle.
Anyway, while i was meditating and concentrating on sending my energy out and upwards to try and reach my guides i was aware of a sudden strong brightness in the room, which i saw even though my eyes were closed.

Wondering what was going on, i opened them to see the flame was suddenly burning really brightly - illuminating the part of the room it was in so much more.

My question is, is i have lit this candle many times before - and never had this - could this be a sign from spirit as i have been struggling a little of recent with my beleifs and am now just coming back to a solid, relaxed and welcoming state where im am accepting things rather than expecting.

any feedback is appreciated!
Old 19-04-2007, 03:50 PM
elaine

Hello Mattstar,

I have had this happen to me several times, when the candle flame seems to jump about or really glows brighter.I always take it as a sign that the spirits are trying to tell us that they are with us. Like you, I have only just started my true spiritual path and have many times thought, did I just imajine that or not?

I have found that with me, when I have stopped wanting so much, and just relaxed and had my strong faith back, then thats when I have recieved more clear information. keep at it, and Im sure all will be revealed. good luck
Old 19-04-2007, 06:52 PM
tiltjlp

Yes mattstar, ridding yourself of expectations will have a very freeing effect on you and your meditation. It has been my experience that rather than trying to project outward, that we need to focus inward. Everything we need in within our soul, and will be revealed to us as we need it. Our spirit's guide[s] will come to us, we don't need to go searching for anything. The freer and more open we are to our soul's spirit, the more meaningful our meditations will be.

John
Old 20-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Richie

I have similar experiences when I feel a spirit nearby. I have a night light in the room for my bub and it will flicker -fade in and out. it only happens with this light and I have replaced the bulb. Lately I ask the spirit to not play with the lights as it can wake the baby, It usually stops.
Old 20-04-2007, 04:35 PM
eternity

Hello Mattstar,
This is a sign of your growing spirituality.
Keep on in faith and trust.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 27-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine
I have had this happen to me several times, when the candle flame seems to jump about or really glows brighter.I always take it as a sign that the spirits are trying to tell us that they are with us. Like you, I have only just started my true spiritual path and have many times thought, did I just imajine that or not?

Hi Elaine ~ I have noticed this too, with the candle flame, and I have wondered the same thing. Nice to know that others have similar experiences.

Has anyone seen visions , or animal shapes within the candle flame while meditating? My friend has, and I have tried to focus on the flame but I have not seen anything within the flame. It has appeared to be burning higher , taller, at these times and dancing around.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Closed Thread