Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 21-04-2020, 11:05 AM
Master

Truth

If seekers are concerned that any solution they may find to the spiritual search must be the truth, this places a considerable hurdle in front of them and a very insecure basis for any enlightenment they think they have obtained. There may always be something hidden that contradicts the truth you think you have discovered, and when it appears, will shatter the enlightenment you thought you had achieved. Resonance with a solution can be enough if the idea that one can securely know the truth has been trancended so that one has escaped this truth trap and it is no longer a requirement that the solution resonated with has to be the truth.
Old 21-04-2020, 07:05 PM
Master

Your post about "truth" reminds of:
Quote:
Student: Dr. Einstein, Aren't these the same questions as last year's [physics] final exam?
Albert Einstein: Yes. But this year the answers are different.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-04-2020, 08:58 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
If seekers are concerned that any solution they may find to the spiritual search must be the truth, this places a considerable hurdle in front of them and a very insecure basis for any enlightenment they think they have obtained. There may always be something hidden that contradicts the truth you think you have discovered, and when it appears, will shatter the enlightenment you thought you had achieved. Resonance with a solution can be enough if the idea that one can securely know the truth has been trancended so that one has escaped this truth trap and it is no longer a requirement that the solution resonated with has to be the truth.

So very true....as far as I can see.
Old 22-04-2020, 01:12 AM
Master

Quote:

lol sometimes this isn't as easy as it seems. The need to be 'right' is terribly compelling and once you involve with it the quest for truth it is very hard to stear away... even though I would agree now that what you have said is correct I wouldn't have been able to when I had my OCD on...
Old 22-04-2020, 01:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
lol sometimes this isn't as easy as it seems. The need to be 'right' is terribly compelling and once you involve with it the quest for truth it is very hard to stear away... even though I would agree now that what you have said is correct I wouldn't have been able to when I had my OCD on...

Yes. What may change perspective could be something heard or read, but most likely is being confronted by something that was hidden from us at the time we thought we had discovered truth.
Old 22-04-2020, 02:08 AM
Master

The formulation "something that was hidden from us" sounds like a poor excuse for righteousness proven wrong.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-04-2020, 07:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The formulation "something that was hidden from us" sounds like a poor excuse for righteousness proven wrong.

The point is that there is no proof (truth) that can be securely known so if it appeared that righteousness had been proved wrong, it could be proved right again by the next hidden thing revealed, and on and on it goes. The point is that its not reliable as the basis of ones position/realization.
Old 22-04-2020, 07:29 AM
Master
The more I know the less I know. There's a quote about that. They said it better!
Old 22-04-2020, 07:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
The more I know the less I know. There's a quote about that. They said it better!

Yet you may resonate with something said or read, a gut feeling perhaps. Very different from knowing a proof.
Old 22-04-2020, 07:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Yet you may resonate with something said or read, a gut feeling perhaps. Very different from knowing a proof.

I agree. And that's ok.

Found the quote, lol.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know - Aristotle