Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
While someone has made an attachment to the teachings it's possible to be so entrenched in them they fail to see beyond them .

But, I'm not attached to him or any other master. I have got a great thirst for TRUTH. I have walked down many paths....I began reading Osho (when i was a young girl) then went through J.Krishnamurti, Thich Nhat Hanh, Eckhart Tolle and don't know how many others, attended silent Vipassana meditation retreats...and got more and more disillusioned.. but self-inquiry(atma-vichara) allowed me to go deep inside myself...allowed me to see the Truth..

Quote:
I had this the other month where Tolle followers were blinded by his actions and words
x daz x

His actions and words?
There is no ownership of Truth.
Truth is one, paths/teachers are many.. What is Tolle's is everybody's....
Old 18-07-2019, 03:57 AM
Knower
Once there was a Zen monk who got angry every now and again. He would argue with his fellow monks and was always looking for something wrong to complain and whine about, and always telling others his troubles. A fellow monk told him to go see the roshi and ask for help. The roshi lived two miles down the road. He explained his problem to the roshi, who said, “Take my staff, and hold on to it. Whenever you get angry my staff will remind you to come to me and that will get rid of your anger for you.”

The monk returned to his quarters and soon became very angry at another monk. He looked at the staff, and remembered the roshi, and he jogged the two miles all the way. The roshi asked, “What is wrong?” The monk replied, “I got angry.” The roshi said, “Show me your anger.” But in the jogging the anger went away. He had nothing to show, and said, “I am not angry right now.” The roshi said, “Go back to your quarters, and when you get angry again come and tell me about it.” The next day he got angry again. He ran to the roshi and the same thing happened, his anger disappeared. This went on about twenty-five times.

Finally, the roshi said, “I'll tell you what to do now. When you get back to your quarters take my staff. When you get angry beat the living hell out of your anger with it.” This was so funny to the monk that he became realized. He became enlightened. He realized he would be using the staff to beat himself, and that his real self could never get angry. It was his body that appeared to be angry. He had run back and forth twenty-five times and the answer the roshi gave him made him open his eyes and become enlightened.

So it is with us. Do not look at your problem as a problem. Look at it as a no-thing. It does not exist. If your ego does not exist, if your body does not exist, if your mind does not exist, how can you be angry? Where would it come from? Who gave it birth? This is true of any other problem you believe you have. Just watch it. It will disappear, and you will awaken to your true self.

Robert Adams
Old 18-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
But, I'm not attached to him or any other master. I have got a great thirst for TRUTH. I have walked down many paths....I began reading Osho (when i was a young girl) then went through J.Krishnamurti, Thich Nhat Hanh, Eckhart Tolle and don't know how many others, attended silent Vipassana meditation retreats...and got more and more disillusioned.. but self-inquiry(atma-vichara) allowed me to go deep inside myself...allowed me to see the Truth..

His actions and words?
There is no ownership of Truth.
Truth is one, paths/teachers are many.. What is Tolle's is everybody's....
I can understand that certain people at a certain stage have a thirst for TRUTH as you put it . I certainly did and I turned within and spent many years understanding myself, the mind and such likes and realizing the sameness and the differences that relate to them and their absence .

I am glad you have entertained self enquiry and not relied solely on the teachings of others ..
So what truth have you seen? Does this truth mirror what all teachers say or just a few?
Have you realized both sides of the coin for instance?
I mean it is easy to say I am not the body like Adams suggests but another teacher will say you are the body and you are also not the body .
Some teachers, teach one side of the coin because they have only realized one side ..

What then happens is there is resonation had with certain teachers because there is similar realizations had, but it's not the whole story .
What is misleading is when a student / seeker has had no experience for themselves they then believe in a one sided story to be the whole truth .

It can be a form of brainwashing, what is to be taken into consideration also is that many well known teachers have spent many years studying the scriptures and other material which is fine to a degree, but where would they be without them .
What one needs to ask themselves is what is actually realized and what is not .
You will find that there is plenty that is written by teachers that is not realized ..

x daz x
Old 18-07-2019, 08:34 AM
Knower
Quote:
So what truth have you seen? Does this truth mirror what all teachers say or just a few?
That I am more than my physical body, my thoughts and my emotions.....I'm absolute freedom beneath the confinement...(not bookish knowledge, but my Truth)
Quote:
I mean it is easy to say I am not the body like Adams suggests .
When he says, i'm not the body, it means don't Identify with your body...remain a watcher...
Quote:
You will find that there is plenty that is written by teachers that is not realized
don't know about other teachers but i'm one hundred percent sure that Robert Adams and Sri Ramana Maharshi are gyani (realized beings)
Old 18-07-2019, 08:53 AM
Master
Quote:
That I am more than my physical body, my thoughts and my emotions.....I'm absolute freedom beneath the confinement...(not bookish knowledge, but my Truth)

When he says, i'm not the body, it means don't Identify with your body...remain a watcher...

don't know about other teachers but i'm one hundred percent sure that Robert Adams and Sri Ramana Maharshi are gyani (realized beings)

When Adams say's I am not the body, nor this world, nor have I got anything to do with this world or this body is saying I am not the body lol .

Sure we can all try and watch our thoughts and such likes and have an awareness from that perspective, but what does that prove?

All it proves is that our awareness can entertain many vantage points so to speak, it doesn't mean that we are not the body or our thoughts .

Whose body is it? Whose thoughts are whose thoughts?

How can you watch your thoughts and distance oneself from one's thoughts when they are your thoughts .. lol

There are many teachers that try and distance what they are from the mind-body and this is the one sided coin realization I have spoken about .

In regards to spiritual teachers, i am sure there are many that are Self realized . What I said however is that there is plenty that is written by teachers that is not realized ..

This means that a teacher that writes about Consciousness being this and not that, life is but a dream, I am not the body and such likes is not realized . It is a favoured perspective had that mind conjures up in order to make sense of their reality, their truth/s .

Do you understand this?

Do you understand that Self realization does not reveal the inner workings of the universe? Do you understand that Self realization doesn't reveal that life is but a dream .

If you disagree with what I propose then please explain how 'being what you are' beyond the mind reveals anything about self and this world reality ..

This is what I mean when I say that the material in all these books and scriptures were not 'actually' realized .

You could perhaps for arguments sake write about Self realization on a postage stamp .

x daz x
Old 18-07-2019, 05:17 PM
Knower
Quote:
How can you watch your thoughts and distance oneself from one's thoughts when they are your thoughts .. lol
something in you- observes your thoughts (and obviously that something is not your thoughts), otherwise, how can you report it ?

Thoughts come, stay and go but it isn't YOU that comes and goes with your thoughts....Something is aware of COMING staying and Going.... Who is he? Because of Self/Consciousness/Awareness thinking is known to be happening. And that Awareness is like empty space or screen upon which everything is seen...coming going everything...Go inwards

Mooji says - 'You want to taste the honey, you don't want to be the honey'. What is this honey? It is the satchidananda state—the perfume of the Self experienced as existence, consciousness and bliss.

Peace
Old 18-07-2019, 10:31 PM
Quote:
something in you- observes your thoughts (and obviously that something is not your thoughts), otherwise, how can you report it ?
Thoughts come, stay and go but it isn't YOU that comes and goes with your thoughts....Something is aware of COMING staying and Going.... Who is he? Because of Self/Consciousness/Awareness thinking is known to be happening. And that Awareness is like empty space or screen upon which everything is seen...coming going everything...Go inwards

Mooji says - 'You want to taste the honey, you don't want to be the honey'. What is this honey?
It is the satchidananda state—the perfume of the Self experienced as existence, consciousness and bliss.
Peace
Yup.
Mooji stole that from Ramakrishna .......except he said sugar...and was speaking in the first person...some may want to be the honey, see?

Like daz, he probably wants to be the honey...why, he might even think he IS the honey already.. You know I love ya...

Tata, eh? You know that darn t is right next to the r...you should see the other tipos I make!
But, there is no Tara, no Tata and no me...now...if we could get rid of that daz...something inside is having
too much fun on this thread...but Who is That?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-07-2019, 04:19 AM
Knower
There are no problems. They're just experiences. And if you look at the experience in the right way you will transcend that experience and become free of it totally and completely. But if you react in the wrong way to the problem so-called, you may win or find a solution but you will have to go through another problem of a similar state sooner or later. You will have to go through it again and again and again until you transcend it completely by not reacting to it. This is an important point to remember.

Your problem is at a certain level. A certain level of mind. If you believe in your problem, if you're fearful of your problem, if you react to your problem you have not broken out of that level. Even though you may appear to come up with some kind of solution, you are still at that level of consciousness where the problem exists. Therefore you will have to go through it again and again and again. The idea in other words is to rise higher than the problem. To rise higher than the problem. For the problem is below you, beneath you and you are free of it completely.

Robert Adams
Old 19-07-2019, 07:00 AM
Master
Quote:

Mooji says - 'You want to taste the honey, you don't want to be the honey'. What is this honey? It is the satchidananda state—the perfume of the Self experienced as existence, consciousness and bliss.

Peace

The same something in you that observes your thoughts is the same something in you that creates the thoughts .

You can't divide one from the other because there is only what you are .

Try observing your thoughts when what you are is absent from the mind-body .

You won't be able to because what you are of the mind-body is a package deal .

There requires self to witness and observe .

As Ramana put it across Pure awareness becomes self-awareness. When there is a Self, self-awareness is the witness. When there is no self to witness, there is no witnessing either.

Now what you are suggesting here is that you can observe your thoughts in a way where you are not your thoughts .. It is incorrect because like said without self being present there would be no thoughts to watch .. and self is what you are . There is only what you are .. There is no divide .. There is nothing that what you are isn't .

This is two sides of the coin . Saying I am not the world, I have nothing to do with the body is a one sided perspective and it isn't the whole story .

Whose thoughts are they that you are watching?

What else is there present that is not what you are that can conjure up a thought about the weather?

Can you answer me this?

x daz x
Old 19-07-2019, 07:14 AM
Master
Quote:
think one more time...we are fearless and badass

Now looking through my closet for my wrestling costume

x daz x