Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-05-2020, 10:14 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Karma Yoga

My non-duality practices have been centered around knowledge (Jnana) and meditation (Raja). Devotion (Bhakti) has never been my strong suite, even going back to my Roman Catholic upbringing.

I've been at a loss how to work in Karma Yoga from a practical standpoint but my understanding was the main practice was one more aligned with seeing God in everything (devotion/Bhakti) so my enthusiasm for it just wasn't sufficient to make it a consistent and meaningful practice.

Lo and behold my favorite swami recently produced two excellent videos on it and one of the practices, Work as Witness, is Jnana-based and has synergy with my current practices. They are mutually reinforcing and I find it very seamless to be aware of this and practice throughout the day. Basically work/action is no work/action or in other words I am the Witness of the mind-body's work. It shifts the "I am" from the self of mind-body to the Self of awareness.

Karma Yoga: The Path of Action (Part 1) https://youtu.be/-rgNWIeF9Qo

Karma Yoga: The Path of Action (Part 2) https://youtu.be/n-SUJ0Vwelk

It's also said Karma Yoga is the foundational practice of Advaita spirituality, so better late than never. LOL!