Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-05-2020, 07:13 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
I feel no goal in life after coming to spiritual or self realisation path. I want some guidance from anyone who are in this path or who have attained nirvana.
Your goal should be to have no goals. Hehehe
See, your done, that was easy.

I have listened to nirvana, but I realized that I have never attained the CD myself, don't even own an MP3.
I would think having a goal or goals is not necessarily a bad thing, but not a necessary thing either. IME, life has a way of working whether we are working at it or not. Perhaps there are ways that speed things along, and perhaps sometimes all the hard work can actually get in the way, HTS. That said, some can become obsessed with those goals to become so focused that they do not notice what may spontaneously arise that may be of great value to them. Or to put it another way, don't let obsession with seeking a goal prevent you from finding what ever else may be out there for you to find along your path.

One good goal if you have not already done so would be to read Siddhartha....IMHO.

“When someone seeks," said Siddhartha, "then it easily happens that his eyes see only the thing that he seeks, and he is able to find nothing, to take in nothing because he always thinks only about the thing he is seeking, because he has one goal, because he is obsessed with his goal. Seeking means: having a goal. But finding means: being free, being open, having no goal.”
― Herman Hesse, Siddhartha
Old 12-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Master
Your ''goal in life'' is yours and yours alone to decide. For many people 'that' isn't clear because our lives are a 'work in progress'. It is therefore entirely normal to feel confused about it if you deliberately ask yourself what your ''life goal'' is, and that is independent on a spiritual path.

It's a very human thing. No worries, enjoy the ambiguity.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
I feel no goal in life after coming to spiritual or self realisation path. I want some guidance from anyone who are in this path or who have attained nirvana.

Hello kishore,

I would suggest to go with what resonates and makes sense.

There are many paths people take in life. At times may follow one and find it just is not working or making sense to me anymore, so change paths. That's life.

As it has been said; It is not so much about the destination, as it is about the journey.

Find for myself what I have been seeking has been there all along, just needed to get myself out of my own way. Meaning at times just simply over think it.

If feeling overwhelmed or confused, perhaps that is the time to let it roll and give yourself a break. Just a suggestion.

It is not unusual to wonder about things and where one may be going. At times need direction or advice to help. When I find myself simply not knowing or not able to find an answer, find this is time to let it be for now. When the time is right, it will come as needed.

Many ways to travel and each person may have his/her own take on it. Listen to your heart and good sense, I would suggest.

It is normal to question things at times, shows an interest in life, IMO.

I have not obtained nirvana, that I know of, lol nor claim to be enlightened.
Just sharing as I see life at the moment. I feel don't have any particular place to go except where I am going at present.

The rest will come in due time.