Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Kinesiology

Old 29-12-2010, 05:41 AM
ultra-violet

Last edited by ultra-violet : 31-12-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 29-12-2010, 05:46 AM
Sangress

Quote:
I don't know who you're asking but my simple definition would be a soul who has not integrated all aspects of their personality.

I don't know either, but I agree with that.

I would also add that there is a "mental illness" known as Dissociative Identity Disorder (used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder) which also defines Split Personalities in a Psychiatric way.
Old 29-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Master
No matter what so called personalities we believe we have, they are not who we truly are, they are as the real meaning of the word suggest, just masks, that we wear and call who ever we think we are. I believe that those who have this disorder are lost in trying to find their true identity, they have put on a mask to please their parents for whatever reason, but they found that one mask wasn't enough, so they had to put another on because the parent also change as fast as the one with the disorder change their mask. These people are usually very sensitive, especially when as a child. What these people need to do is realize that no matter what personality they believe they have, its never going to be who they truly are, I would say that one should try to realize this and go within and just be there in the silence, from there watch these personalities arise but don't take ownership of them, realize that their not you, you are the silence that is watching what is happening around you. The ego is behind all this confusion, realize that the ego just like your personalities are all illusionary, of course this will sound all too easy but just give it a try, and don't forget that the ego doesn't like you to find your true Being, for it will be the death of all of its chaos, that it lived through your mind in. This is my suggestion only.
Old 29-12-2010, 06:45 AM
ultra-violet

Old 29-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Sangress

I've come to understand that Split personalities are more than a simple "mask." It's a soul deep thing, rather than a simple act for convenience.

I see it as a state of being, a way of surviving.

Like everything, it can be positive or negative and true or false depending on how you perceive it and whether it is a personal experience or an opinion or not.

I wonder whether the OP will end up getting back to this.

I think once I understand what the OP is referring to when he/she speaks of Split personalities, then I can get to making a few suggestions of my own.
Old 29-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-violet
Although it goes deeper than that, Robert.
The ego, mind, personality and soul are interconnected.
Going within and just "being" the silence has partially helped,
but even this is just another extension and expression of all that is, so really it's being recycled.
Yes but silence is far beyond any extensions, its the background of all that the mind brings forward, its even beyond any so called soul, its our true nature or true Being. I have schizophrenia and this has helped me to be separate from the actual psychosis of the mind, it certainly works for me.
Old 29-12-2010, 11:47 AM
ultra-violet

Old 17-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Volune

Hum. That one is a hard type.
Rae-light-fivilis: a study of focusing one concentration set by application of nero-active similar brain training and steady bipedal-like aerodynamics (hovering and miaming the crown --as in crown chakra and its links --of all the body parts into focus).
I hope that summary narrow down some confusions.
Split-personality is usually a mask unless it is a genetic true thing.
Old 17-06-2011, 09:33 PM
moke64916

This technique I think over time will dissolve the split personality. Observe your thoughts, thought patterns, emotions, and actions. Observe. Don't Be that. Simply observe. It will bring you peace. The reason it keeps persisting is because you see yourself separate from this personality. When in actuality it is you. Same with internal dialogue or schizophrenia. It will all stop once you realize it is all you. Trust me. I know it might be hard to come to that realization. But when you do it will stop. I promise you. It might try to persist. Just remind yourself it is you. It will permanently go away over time. In my opinion.
Old 24-06-2011, 04:17 AM
infinity00lights

what does that quote mean "shattered mirrors cannot reflect the soul just as glass asylums cannot suprress the mind"