Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Kinesiology

Old 04-04-2011, 06:52 PM
r3m1

Power Vs. Force - Non Fiction

Power Vs. Force By Dr. David R. Hawkins is a book that changed my life. It is a study in applied kinesiology. Through scientific study Dr Hawkins proves that we have access to the global consciousness or databank and using scientific method can determine truth from not truth.

In this book and using the method, he also created a map of consciousness in which the different levels of spiritual/mental development are grouped and categorized allowing for numerical assignments of each level. This is mostly for the use of identifying at what level of integrity a person, object, idea, or movement is.

The most amazing thing to me is that this research was concluded in the early 70's and published in '74. The scientific reality is that in main stream science only recently have we discovered connections that Dr Hawkins had previously documented.

The one argument I find online is that for the test to be accurate both the Tester and the Subject must have a consciousness above level 200. 200 is the level of change so to speak. At 200 or below we experience the negative and limiting feelings emotions and attitudes. above 200 we begin the journey of integrity and in doing so raise the integrity of those around us.

I can not post the Map of Consciousness as it is copyrighted material. However I encourage everyone to look into this material and I know that with purchase you receive a copy of the map of consciousness.

They proved scientifically that we are influenced both positively and negatively by the stimuli in our lives. That some things hold a higher integrity and test positive, while others hold low integrity and test negative. In fact while some you could guess (I.E. classical music Positive, Industrial music Negative) others came as a complete surprise. When listening to recordings of known deceits all subjects test negative. While some positive stimuli like a certain painting can cause an all positive reaction.

In my life I know that science and spirituality have always walked hand in hand, but to most they contradict each other. I am here to tell you that it is only the limited ideas that contradict each other and that science and spirituality are natural compliments.

Has anyone else read this book or heard Dr Hawkins speak? He has written many other books as well, but this is the one that changed everything.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Suspended
Remi - It sounds like you're really excited about this - & have hope in learning, & to making the most out of life!

My dad & a friend of mine are so excited about this & keep talking to me about it. My friend wanted me to go to a free seminar, & maybe pay the thousand dollar $$ tuition that she paid. The teachings seemed to be a cure all. Incidentally, I had Chinese food & inside the fortune cookie, it said, "Anything that seems to good to be true, usually is."

I read that 78% of the world's population is below the 200 level, the level which this kinesiology/muscle testing works. I wonder how that percentage & levels were determined. Looking through the level log... it's too linear. Time, may seem linear - but all of the struggles & triumphs are not linear. For example, at times, I am loving (one of the highest levels), but I also experience a sense of shame (the lowest level).

Sorry if I'm acting the role of party-pooper... maybe too skeptical. I'm sure there's much more, I have yet to learn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3m1
They proved scientifically that we are influenced both positively and negatively by the stimuli in our lives. That some things hold a higher integrity and test positive, while others hold low integrity and test negative.
I believe that everything has energy! It's similar to feng shui. Of course, there's more to it - how we relate to things. I keep trying to simplify our home - to have only things that are either useful or uplifting.
Old 16-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Evalon

Hello

I read parts of Power vs. Force some years ago and found that Hawkins' results indeed compared very well with my own experiences. In the meantime life took me to other venues, however, the map of consciousness which to some extent is reproduced in Power vs. Force has popped up in my mind on a regular basis. Although it is in a graphical form - which necessarily eludes being spirit or the realm of consciousness - it still "condenses" what I have observed myself.

Coming from a natural science background I became interested in finding out how David Hawkins had arrived at his results. To that end I recently bought his dissertation: "Qualitative & Quantitative analysis and calibration of the level of human consciousness" where e.g. the research process associated with this map of the levels of consciousness is described. Should you be interested it is available from the website veritaspub.com and costs $29.95 + shipping.

As it is, the map of the levels of consciousness was arrived at by doing thousands of sequential tests and applying statistics to the results - results I would that shows a very high degree of statistical significance. To me the methodology also appears to be sound.

The dissertation outlines the methodology used (e.g. kinesiology & shaping the questions to be tested) to arrive at the results - something which is of immense value to me.

Hmmm... well, these are the words for now ...

Be well

Jesper
Old 14-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Henri77

I'm currently listening to this seminar he presented
to the Institute if Noetic Sciences
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZVSXXeq-38
6 parts (about 3-4 hrs)
he sounds like a looney at first but begins to make more & more sense as he
hits his stride after 10-15 min and begins clarifying his ideas with stories and examples.

Very interesting stories-concepts worth hearing
Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 PM
NIRVANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3m1
Power Vs. Force By Dr. David R. Hawkins is a book that changed my life. It is a study in applied kinesiology. Through scientific study Dr Hawkins proves that we have access to the global consciousness or databank and using scientific method can determine truth from not truth.

In this book and using the method, he also created a map of consciousness in which the different levels of spiritual/mental development are grouped and categorized allowing for numerical assignments of each level. This is mostly for the use of identifying at what level of integrity a person, object, idea, or movement is.

The most amazing thing to me is that this research was concluded in the early 70's and published in '74. The scientific reality is that in main stream science only recently have we discovered connections that Dr Hawkins had previously documented.

The one argument I find online is that for the test to be accurate both the Tester and the Subject must have a consciousness above level 200. 200 is the level of change so to speak. At 200 or below we experience the negative and limiting feelings emotions and attitudes. above 200 we begin the journey of integrity and in doing so raise the integrity of those around us.

I can not post the Map of Consciousness as it is copyrighted material. However I encourage everyone to look into this material and I know that with purchase you receive a copy of the map of consciousness.

They proved scientifically that we are influenced both positively and negatively by the stimuli in our lives. That some things hold a higher integrity and test positive, while others hold low integrity and test negative. In fact while some you could guess (I.E. classical music Positive, Industrial music Negative) others came as a complete surprise. When listening to recordings of known deceits all subjects test negative. While some positive stimuli like a certain painting can cause an all positive reaction.

In my life I know that science and spirituality have always walked hand in hand, but to most they contradict each other. I am here to tell you that it is only the limited ideas that contradict each other and that science and spirituality are natural compliments.

Has anyone else read this book or heard Dr Hawkins speak? He has written many other books as well, but this is the one that changed everything.

What is consciousness above 200? dont understand that. What test is this?
Old 05-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIRVANA
The different levels of consciousness are associated with different cosmic views, what life brings and is about, emotional states and psychological processes. As one rise to higher levels all these factors change, but it also works in reverse, as we change one or more of the factors through personal work, we also rise to a higher level.

Have a look at the page below. Right-click the mouse on a chart and select 'Open link in new Window' for better readability.

http://astrologicalcounsel.blogspot....ciousness.html
Old 06-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Henri77

Quote:

suggest checking out his youtube videos for easier comprehension, what this is all about.

I've been using "muscle testing" recently and found results very useful as a divination tool. Like using ones body as a pendulum.

He refers 200 as a level of integrity (or truth seeking-valuing, as I see it)
Old 07-10-2012, 12:55 AM
NIRVANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
The different levels of consciousness are associated with different cosmic views, what life brings and is about, emotional states and psychological processes. As one rise to higher levels all these factors change, but it also works in reverse, as we change one or more of the factors through personal work, we also rise to a higher level.

Have a look at the page below. Right-click the mouse on a chart and select 'Open link in new Window' for better readability.

http://astrologicalcounsel.blogspot....ciousness.html

Yes Ive read it and my point is who decides on these levels? Everything could just be placebo {nothing wrong with that} if it works.

Who decides they can be an authority on these levels?

My background is tantric {vajrayana plus NLP}

The problem i see with the number level is these emotional states can be very subjective. ENLIGHTENMENT,PEACE,JOY,LOVE,REASON,ACCEPTANCE,WIL LINGNESS,NEUTRALITY,COURAGE,PRIDE,ANGER,DESIRE,FEA R,GRIEF,APATHY,GUILT,SHAME,

How can we honestly diagnose what emotion someone is when we are not emotionally static? we change from one emotion to the next. Someone who is rated at 200 may also feel fear,guilt pride etc during the week.

The other problem is who defines what these emotions are? pride maybe different from person to person.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:18 AM
Henri77

I've wondered the same thing, as we vacillate hour by hour.

If you investigate Hawkins procedure, the universe does the "calculations"
and reports what I assume, is an overall average (a mean) , in that moment for a specific subject.

It doesn't report a figure, but muscle testing allows one to get an approximation, in a manner similar to what a pendulum does,

While one can find faults, his procedure , in fact does work and his research sheds some light on the subject of consciousness. And allows us to glimpse by analogy the otherwise invisible.

The system-methods while far from perfect , ARE a step forward in understanding how consciousness affects our lives, if one chooses to use them.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Rin

Quote:
Yes Ive read it and my point is who decides on these levels? Everything could just be placebo {nothing wrong with that} if it works.

Who decides they can be an authority on these levels?

My background is tantric {vajrayana plus NLP}

The problem i see with the number level is these emotional states can be very subjective. ENLIGHTENMENT,PEACE,JOY,LOVE,REASON,ACCEPTANCE,WIL LINGNESS,NEUTRALITY,COURAGE,PRIDE,ANGER,DESIRE,FEA R,GRIEF,APATHY,GUILT,SHAME,

How can we honestly diagnose what emotion someone is when we are not emotionally static? we change from one emotion to the next. Someone who is rated at 200 may also feel fear,guilt pride etc during the week.

The other problem is who defines what these emotions are? pride maybe different from person to person.

Let's not complicate things by quibbling about the meaning of words. There are dictionaries which define each word and its meaning. Pride is pride.

Yes, our emotions change. It is a broad map. Think of it as a map of countries, not a street map of a city. Every country has a overall culture and many citizens, but not all, align themselves with it to some extent. Likewise every person has a predominant level at any given time. It may change to some limited degree up or down. A personal crisis may result in a larger movement than just living your life and doing your job.
It is an attitude chart.

Let's make a practical example. Someone is at the level of Willingness and gets challenged in what they have said or done. Their attitude may go down to Neutrality, seeing that the other's point may be valid, and then further down to Courage, either summing up the energy to refine or revise their own ideas, or fix what they have done. Once that is done there is a return to Willingness. This is made easier because Willingness is above the threshold of 200 and thus the pull or trend is to move upwards.

What happens to one who is at the level of Pride and experiences the same thing? They go down to the level of Anger and then Desire (for revenge or justification). Because the starting attitude is below the 200 level the pull is downwards and it is much more difficult to even return to the level Pride afterwards.

The levels and their associations are indeed made up, but even earth maps are available in many different forms and show different elements, depending on what they are used for.