Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-01-2019, 11:26 AM
Experiencer
Blasphemy

In the UK the crazy blasphemy law was repealed in 2008, it should never have been a crime in the first place. One should be able to say exactly what one wishes about any religion and its god, especially as they are more than likely human creations, which don't exist in reality.
Old 15-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Deactivated Account
I can't grasp the idea that each time I curse, swear, or uses god's name in vain that there is literally some bearded deity up there throwing a temper tantrum and slamming his fist down onto his holy dinner table. Why would a god be upset about such trivial matters? He should be more concerned about all the mess going on in this rotten world.
Old 15-01-2019, 12:19 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I can't grasp the idea that each time I curse, swear, or uses god's name in vain that there is literally some bearded deity up there throwing a temper tantrum and slamming his fist down onto his holy dinner table. Why would a god be upset about such trivial matters? He should be more concerned about all the mess going on in this rotten world.

If it created humanity it should be cursing and swearing at itself for being so incompetent.
Old 15-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle
If it created humanity it should be cursing and swearing at itself for being so incompetent.

Well that's the issue with this fundamental type of god. Blaming his own creation for every problem that occured without any self-reflection. It's not like his own deeds such as infanticide made 'his' world a more positive place..
Old 15-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Pathfinder

I believe you both. But first of all blasphemy was differently be looked at from goverments during time. And people understood different things under blasphemy.

The one thing is what I think is very important if you do not use any sources but your logic is that if a person believes or thinks anything this is how God created this person. So it is absolutely illogical to kill like the moslems sometimes do because of the belief of one person.

The other hand is that in most cultures everybody had a blurred feeling or spiritual need even if he or she was atheist or agnostic, that IF God exists you should not use his name in worse or vain.

So one thing is what you believe is not your fault, and nobody should judge you. But God himself want to keep this thing in your soul for your own welldoing! He wants to keep in you this feeling that something "Holy" does exist or that something is holy for you. When you condemn God it could be you lose this holy feeling even being an atheist.

On the other hand my personal experience is very variabel. If I have sincere bad feelings towards God God does not want me to ly to him. My soul should be open to him and honest to him. That's why on one hand you should not criticize his will but on the other hand you are welcome to tell him your dissapointment and he welcomes this. He has some part also motherly uncondicious love in himself.
Old 15-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Well that's the issue with this fundamental type of god. Blaming his own creation for every problem that occured without any self-reflection. It's not like his own deeds such as infanticide made 'his' world a more positive place..

The evil is done my man not by God.
Old 15-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan

Maybe so, but he was still indirectly responsible because he commanded his people to murder children. Imagine being one of those people who god gave the order to do this, but you don't want to murder children because you detest violence and death, and most importantly you aren't a killer. Then what? Would god just say: ''ah nevermind, then I'll do it myself'' or would he get you killed for refusing to follow his order? Don't tell me you'd be the type of person who would actually do such a thing..
Old 15-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Maybe so, but he was still indirectly responsible because he commanded his people to murder children. Imagine being of one of those people who god gave the order to do this, but you don't want to murder children because you detest violence and death, and most importantly you aren't a killer. Then what? Would god just say: ''ah nevermind, then I'll do it myself'' or would he get you killed for refusing to follow his order? Don't tell me you'd be the type of person who would actually do such a thing..

You take things out of context only to promote your ideas, nice.You should study the history of those nations that God destroyed, you should remember that when God punished the Pharaoh, He sent the Destroyer to take the first born from every family who didn't listen to use the blood of a lamb on their houses to protected from the Destroyer, a.k.a, Satan, God did nothing, He only removed His protection, the very same protection we all have, imagine what Satan could do to this planet....
Old 15-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
You take things out of context only to promote your ideas, nice.You should study the history of those nations that God destroyed, you should remember that when God punished the Pharaoh, He sent the Destroyer to take the first born from every family who didn't listen to use the blood of a lamb on their houses to protected from the Destroyer, a.k.a, Satan, God did nothing, He only removed His protection, the very same protection we all have, imagine what Satan could do to this planet....

I don't take anything out of context. If I did, it would be whitewashing by trying to defend it. No my friend, I'm sticking very closely with the bible. There are literally bible passages about child murder and infanticide...

''Blessed is he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.'' Psalm 137:9

And how do you know the destroyer was Satan? It could be an angel working under god as well.
Old 15-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

There is nothing good about the EVIL Biblical god.