Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Experiencer
A person's faith should be of practical benefit to others.

The people of faith for whom I have great respect are those whose faith is of practical benefit to others. Faith should make you a better person, otherwise there is no point to it. Those who merely preach, but do nothing useful, should save their breath to cool their porridge, deeds being much more important than words.

One example of practical help is offered by the church of which my daughter is the Anglican Priest. During the school holidays children who get free school meals, as their parents are very poor, get one meal a day prepared by our girl and other helpers. My husband and I are more than happy to donate a substantial sum of money towards these meals.

I know of many other Christians, who let their deeds, not words do the talking.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:38 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Zigzangle quote:

It is refreshing.

Another forum member said Love has no religion. So I like, that you can see Love in action and not even know a persons religion.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
It is refreshing.

Another forum member said Love has no religion. So I like, that you can see Love in action and not even know a persons religion.

Looking out for others is much more important than whether or not you have a faith.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:13 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Zigzangle quote:
Looking out for others is much more important than whether or not you have a faith.

My opinion is looking out for people when one has faith can be exhilarating on a whole new level.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle
The people of faith for whom I have great respect are those whose faith is of practical benefit to others. Faith should make you a better person, otherwise there is no point to it. Those who merely preach, but do nothing useful, should save their breath to cool their porridge, deeds being much more important than words.

One example of practical help is offered by the church of which my daughter is the Anglican Priest. During the school holidays children who get free school meals, as their parents are very poor, get one meal a day prepared by our girl and other helpers. My husband and I are more than happy to donate a substantial sum of money towards these meals.

AMEN Blessed of God. Another way that we can help others with our Faith is through seeking and attaining the Gifts of the Spirit. With the deeds that you carry out, there is a door of opportunity that I believe is opened for you also to seek and apply the spiritual Gifts in tandem with your good works.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle

For this I live dear Zigzangle, faith without works is dead, I dream everyday at doing more for my neighbour, life is hard, is not easy, but I am not giving up.I love children and I set for myself a reminder with a case of one girl who because of a car accident is completely paralyzed, sometimes, when I am down, I can't even watch it to remaind myself for what I fight.I know I did not do that much, but with God's help, I am going to do a lot more.

When you help your neighbour, you help God ( remember Jesus's words in Matthew 25:40-45 ) and this is something so amazing that I can't even describe it in words, it's an incredible joy, it's like a big weight from your shoulders is lifted up and now after a very long time you feel free.

People ask themselves where is God found, including myelf, look at your neighbour and you will see the image of God, even the evil man is made in the image of God ( remember Saul or better said Paul ).

You help two young children with problems, you donate money to the poor, you have the works but you don't have the faith... one step forward and you will have the Kingdom of Heaven, God is merciful...
Old 15-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
For this I live dear Zigzangle, faith without works is dead, I dream everyday at doing more for my neighbour, life is hard, is not easy, but I am not giving up.I love children and I set for myself a reminder with a case of one girl who because of a car accident is completely paralyzed, sometimes, when I am down, I can't even watch it to remaind myself for what I fight.I know I did not do that much, but with God's help, I am going to do a lot more.

When you help your neighbour, you help God ( remember Jesus's words in Matthew 25:40-45 ) and this is something so amazing that I can't even describe it in words, it's an incredible joy, it's like a big weight from your shoulders is lifted up and now after a very long time you feel free.

People ask themselves where is God found, including myelf, look at your neighbour and you will see the image of God, even the evil man is made in the image of God ( remember Saul or better said Paul ).

You help two young children with problems, you donate money to the poor, you have the works but you don't have the faith... one step forward and you will have the Kingdom of Heaven, God is merciful...

I would never wish to help the god of the Bible as it is evil, it would be like helping Hitler and the Nazis. What do you reckon is good about that entity?
Old 15-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Pathfinder

Well you can dram about helping others. Some holy humans decided to pray for the world that the holy spirit also come upon other persons. They wish them the same happiness.

In fact humanity is also about humility. God guides some people into humility and they possibly are not able to help others than to pray for themselves to be guided. God decides your role in the world. It is your soul you have to look for not only others. You have your own struggles, too. So humility is important not to think that you can help others without God's help and not to think that you can help others by forgetting you should look for yourself, too. Humility shows you that you are completely in God's hands and not to be so proud to save to whole world you can also contemplate on yourself and your innerself to find how God wants you to be. It is not designed for every person to help others. Some persons are good to care of themselves rather than fall into the proud they could change the life of others.
Old 15-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearchingFreedom
Well you can dram about helping others. Some holy humans decided to pray for the world that the holy spirit also come upon other persons. They wish them the same happiness.

In fact humanity is also about humility. God guides some people into humility and they possibly are not able to help others than to pray for themselves to be guided. God decides your role in the world. It is your soul you have to look for not only others. You have your own struggles, too. So humility is important not to think that you can help others without God's help and not to think that you can help others by forgetting you should look for yourself, too. Humility shows you that you are completely in God's hands and not to be so proud to save to whole world you can also contemplate on yourself and your innerself to find how God wants you to be. It is not designed for every person to help others. Some persons are good to care of themselves rather than fall into the proud they could change the life of others.

I agree, without God, nothing is possible, with Him, everything is possible.

I don't boast myself on my works, I feel that I have done nothing for God, that always I have to do more.
Old 15-01-2019, 12:26 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearchingFreedom

I have had plenty of experience of so called, 'holy people', throughout my life. Many of them, spouted so called 'god's word', yet their lives left a lot to be desired, like that of the pastor of the ghastly Pentecostal church I was forced to attend as a kid. That excuse for a Christian touched me inappropriately when I was 14. Quite a number of the 'holy' church members cheated on their partners, and their business dealings weren't honest to say the least.