Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Seeker

Question Roll over urge.

Hello everyone. I've been doing lucid dreaming/astral projection/obe for about 2 years and I've still got ALONG way to go. I've had direct Astral experiences where I sit up out of my body but it always started when I was in a half sleep state. Other times I've been awake and lied down and visualised being out of body until I really was and the rest of the times mainly I just realised I was dreaming and made it very vivid and like an astral/obe. It seems like there's 2 way around to have and OBE/lucid dream. One way is to realise you're dreaming within a dream (dream induced lucid dream, DILD.) And the other way is to go from a waking state directly into the astral plane/dream, (wake induced lucid dream, WILD). Now when I attempt the traditional astral methods/WILD, I acn never keep my body still on my back because of urges to roll over and when I do roll over I fall asleep very fast because my body is so uncomfortable that when I roll over it's so relaxing and I fall asleep quickly. I need to learn to maintain the awareness after I've rolled over so o don't go unconscious. Does anyone have any tips?
Old 23-01-2019, 11:28 PM
Newbie ;)

I used to worry about this too. But then one day I decided to just roll on my side and kept trying to project and voila' -- I projected just fine, within minutes. For several weeks after that it actually became my preferred position for projection. Then I read a Tibetan Dream Yoga book where it said that men should lay on their right side and women on their left. I tried both and I did not notice much difference in success rate or quality of projection.
Yes, falling asleep is always a problem. There's always tomorrow.
Old 24-01-2019, 04:49 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinthus
I used to worry about this too. But then one day I decided to just roll on my side and kept trying to project and voila' -- I projected just fine, within minutes. For several weeks after that it actually became my preferred position for projection. Then I read a Tibetan Dream Yoga book where it said that men should lay on their right side and women on their left. I tried both and I did not notice much difference in success rate or quality of projection.
Yes, falling asleep is always a problem. There's always tomorrow.
Good to know as I prefer to sleep on my side and definitely get urder to roll on my side. Did you happen to remember the name of the book, Labyrinthus?
Old 24-01-2019, 05:12 AM
Newbie ;)

Tibetan Dream Yoga by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

It is advanced stuff that I would not have appreciated before I had spent at least 10 years at daily meditation and other Spiritual practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus
Good to know as I prefer to sleep on my side and definitely get urder to roll on my side. Did you happen to remember the name of the book, Labyrinthus?
Old 24-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinthus
Tibetan Dream Yoga by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.
Thank you