Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 08-06-2018, 02:22 PM
Yes, Consciousness Itself...

My experience that God is personal (my gosh, He's digesting my food right now, LOL! I mean I had one
of those sudden dawning insights given me one time of this! 1974.)
AND God is also impersonal...mainly because of the brilliant System that was put into motion.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-06-2018, 03:13 PM
Suspended
Seeker

THInK AgaIn.

God IS, and with that said, ...
it all depends on how YOU,.. value H?IM or H?ER in your L?IFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheart
I don't want to insult anyone, just want to know others oppinion.In my experience ( 4-5) years of praying God ( the creator ) He doesn't act to me as a personal spirit. May be i'm wrong. Some gnostics believed, that He is an impersonal force...Why would they do that? In the Bible it is clearly stated, that He is a person. In Bhagavat Gita, Krishna is a person, too.I'm kinda lost. There are many articles stating one of the two oppinions. Yeah, I'm kinda lost. Feel free to criticize me. I want to believe, that He is a person.I haven't actually recieved a guidence from Him...He Just fulfils my wishes, that can lead to an unknown direction, is that a concsious God or not or may be be He gives according to your believe, so if I unconsiously have excepted, that He is not a person, He acts like one.. Share your experience if you want.

It all depends in How You See and Wish to Have God ?In Your L?IFe.
For HE/?She IS neither Personal Nor IMPersonal, Rather God BEing GOD IS. And How You Wish To See, Is By What HE/SHE, Will ANSwer and AccOMendate to You Out There And In There In YOUr WOrLd. One Can have a PERsonal ReLationship, With A Friend, Or IMPersonal Distant One; Depending on Ones Very OWn Will. This Can be Set Up By How One is BouGht Up, and TAughT ThrOughOut Life. "GOD IS NOT LIMITED " To Ones OWn PErsonal OPinIon on HOw HE IS, or She, But Rather DOEs Not IMPose ON ImPErsOnal MAtters, Whereas PERsonalIze To MAtters For PErsOnal MAtters AS Time Gives and K Grants US to Be GIVeN Off, By KaRMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i[ imagine God to be a being (if not precisely a person).
there may be a multitude of God's; perhaps there is no "one above all".
i imagine Source to be singular and unique, but not a being.

GOD Has BoTh Form And NO FOrM, NEither ReStrICted to Any Of IT.
Alike अप् áp- , GOd IS not Limited to COLD Nature Alone, Like Water Turning into Ice When Made Cold and Becomes With Form, OR To Hot, beComing Vapor or MaintAINing LiQuid In Itself. This FOrMats That GOd IS And Neither Is RESTICted to ANy MOLoCulerAl ELeMEnt of Form OR SuBStaince

.Alike Us Our World IS COmP`ISed of ATOm's, And SpecKs MAke Up OUr Body, Our Body MAKe Out HUMan Form, HuMan Form- CommUnity of Human Nature, HUMan Nature The WOrLd, The WOrLd, The Planets, PLanets, THe SoLAr SYsTem, Solar Sys, To GaLaXy, GaLaxy tO MilKY way and MilKy Way, UnIvERses...
SAME it Is WITH G-O D.
Many, But One In UNIFORM, AS ONe ASCENTS, THE MORE UNIFIED.

One Manner in which it could be claimed was that my Text message above was Impersonal, So i could personalize it just as much in down - down here, For All i know is that Even if God is personal you will have to mend your heart, and if impersonal, you will have to mend your heads, in all it is supposed to be neither here nor there, but a plain simple balanced out view in the middle of the reaLM, Life is and we need to live in both the world Outside, as well as IN the World Inside. WE Have A Duty And Freedom In God to Live Good In Both INside and Out, So I Recommend both head knowledge and HeARt knowledge To GEt You, Through this life, -"FOR" All is Essence

Essence is Fire MAde Visible,

Quote:
Paramahansa Yogananda : " God is consciousness itself..." . Hmmm...

Essence is Fire MAde Visible in THe SpeCtrum of Light, GOd Is Light And There is No DArKNess in Him/ Her. Consciousness is ImPersonal, God Also is ..

A Balance fine enough For Both is What Human Health is.

"God Is Essence, and T$hose Who WOR#SHIp Him/OR HER, MUST WORSHiP HIM OR HEr IN SPirIt and IN TRUThH .

Hence Did DAWud Say: Thou SEEK TRUTh In The Most Inner Most of HEArt"".
Old 08-06-2018, 03:37 PM
Pathfinder
Guys, I've read your posts. Nice ones.

A preachet once told me, "Jesus gives you according to how strong your fate is"; So as I think, if i ecxept God as impersonal, He acts like one.

"Wheather you believe something or not, you are right"... I'm lacking wisdom, that's for sure, this is the source of my problem.

Or maybe I don't love Him truly, that is a possible exponation. Anyway, you all are cool mates. Thanks :)

Tommorrow morning, big cup of hot water & meditation, as long as possible. That's my last hope! :)
Old 08-06-2018, 04:11 PM
Master

Hi blueheart,
Since God is All-consciousness, they are not mutually exclusive.
Spiritual aspirants have experienced God in both the Personal, and Impersonal, and - at different times. In the Gita,, God says that He will appear in whatever form is the preference of the seeker, including the feminine. That is the important thing for aspirants - not the abstract speculation - but your urgent necessity.

~ J
Old 08-06-2018, 05:14 PM
Master
Jyotir -- this is an important and beautiful insight.

Quote:
In the Gita,, God says that He will appear in whatever form is the preference of the seeker, including the feminine. That is the important thing for aspirants - not the abstract speculation - but your urgent necessity.

This explains my connection to the guides, who are absent the obstructions of human consciousness that are so off-putting, wounding, and oppressive to my soul.

It also gets around the eternal disappointment of revering another human consciousness who is living, and for most, even those who are no longer living. Jesus is fairly easy to revere without disappointment, but he's not living here now. The great disappointment for me is that there is no great master of the way of authentic love in interpersonal mixed-gender non-familial partner relationships.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of one person across all recorded humanity who stands as a living example of manifest authentic love in partnership that transcends culture and time and particulars of religious and cultural mandates around "marriage" and "traditional gender roles", which is not the same at all as authentic love in partnership when stripped of all these rigid structures.

Something tells me Jesus was such a man and the non-mainstream canon says he did marry. Unfortunately, this aspect of the story is not well-known. I know very little of Siddharta's relationship post-awakening, other than his wife became one of his students and the relationship was chaste (so they say)...so no longer an intimate life partnership and thus it does not provide an awakened model for this relationship. Additionally, the huge overlay of caste and oppressive gender roles and the cultural biases make his personal story hugely unrelatable to many. It's hard to say he threw them off totally if he had to remain celibate to stay enlightened. Jesus integrated the body and spirit more fully and yet the woman life partner aspect was again cut from the story.

This ultimately says more about where humanity is at than anything else. We have no role models (or very few), particularly if we cannot look to those who have not come to grace and authentic love through the heavy constraint of restrictive cultural and gender norms, and through traditional religion.

On the other hand, when removing these biases and the pejorative, judgmental overlays and restrictions that come with them...many today have fallen to their lowest levels of humanity, opening using and degrading others as long as it more or less falls within the bounds of civil law and "mutual consent", a vague term of absolute meaninglessness if unbounded by clear and transparent integrity, ownership, and authentic love for others equally to the self.

I feel the best we can and should do (aside from walking our path earnestly) is to honour/hold high regard and admiration for those who continually strive to and actually at least partially succeed in manifesting the way of the heart-led consciousness in authentic love (lovingkindness from a place of equanimity) for all. And the more, the better.

But I also feel that we need to strive to be the guides we are looking for in our lives regarding interpersonal relationships. So far...pretty poor results when stepping outside the traditions of the past. Yet this is clearly at the core of humanity's challenges, along with general treatment of others and along with our treatment of Gaia. Clearly, we also cannot do without commitment to a code of ethics and morality, and without commitment to our spiritual paths. This is humanity's other, concurrent challenge.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Pathfinder

I think he's a personal force that just doesn't interfere.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:37 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Hey, Sky, this is very nice article. In my other thread, you shared it. Anyway, it's not bad to read it a few times.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:12 AM
Pathfinder
In my opinion is GOD both. Personal and Impersonal. For example in many religions and scriptures is writed that GOD is inside of us. While the Impersonal part is also true. Many people who believe or are open to the possibility of the existence of GOD are agnostic, or consider nature, the universe...for GOD. They say things like ''Mother Nature,..'' but have no notion of GOD personalization. As mentioned I think both is true, personal and impersonal part of divinity, there is no other way how GOD / divinities could communicate with us as on a personal lvl, language, feeling that we are familiar with and we understand. Okay we might also hear voices,..but I don't think such options are a good choice,..considering how easy are our minds messed up by such stuff.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Jyotir -- this is an important and beautiful insight.

Quote:
In the Gita,, God says that He will appear in whatever form is the preference of the seeker, including the feminine. That is the important thing for aspirants - not the abstract speculation - but your urgent necessity.

Excellent!
Old 10-08-2018, 02:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Paramahansa Yogananda : " God is consciousness itself..." . Hmmm...

And since we are conscious and the animals and plants are conscious, as well as the rocks and the whole planet are conscious who are part of the solar system, which is part of the galaxy.
So what would that tell you?