Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Kinesiology

Old 07-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Evalon

Hello

Interesting sharing here ... Allow me to add my experiences to your talk:

In my experience consciousness is not a static state (as more of you mention) but might be described as a conglomerate of feelings, body sensations, thoughts, world views, intuitions, choice of words, etc. that reflect - in simplified & general terms - the state ("level") of consciousness the person is at at any given time.

This means that a particular person at a particular time e.g. senses "within a limited range" of sensation nuances, has thoughts that revolves around some themes that may have a certain balance between positive and negative thought patterns, has a range of feelings that spans e.g. between mildly pleasant to slightly frustrated, is capable of assessing & deciding on e.g. 10 questions that need a non-reflex solution per day, etc.

If the main feeling is e.g. anger as David Hawkins mentions then some of the finer & more positive emotional states may be less present - or simply not there - because anger & joy just may not mingle well

Also, at higher consciousness levels, joy is no longer "just" some degree of content/satisfied state (as I would say it is for most people I meet - respectfully said) but may be an intense feeling of such a joy of living & being that pervades the body, feelings, and mind ... In these states what might be described as an easy ability to just flow into other similarly pleasant states inside the person may also be a natural. Hope this is accessible ...

In my experience it is as if the higher states of consciousness are like sand: Different thoughts & feelings & body sensations easily shift and flow between eachother - probably because they are (most) all pleasant/positive/possible and so the mind does not try to shut them off or defend against them (if those are the options chosen by this particular mind).

Lower consciousness states on the other hand are more like many pebble stones or more regular stones placed in a box and trying to move among eachother. It is less easy than with the sand ... Maybe you can visualize this for yourselves? (Again, please note that these are my experiences). Being "sand" there may be e.g. ten nuances of joy that easily flows into 17 states of gratitude whereas "being" a stone there's maybe only some states of sadness/anger that tend to "lock" against eachother.

At another point in time this person's state of consciousness, i.e. the thoughts, world views, feelings, body sensations etc. may have changed in a positive (upwards) direction e.g. due to personal work, and so the states this person are in - that is the persons BEING - also are different. This means that this person's intuitions, ideas, way of connecting with other people, overall energy level, eating habits, actions, field of work, wish for his and other's lives etc. may have changed. This person now is another person (at least in some areas of her/his personality and consciousness) and so lives another life essentially as another person, though the former person may not be forgotten (but seen at in a different light).

These states may go up and down possibly due to how the interaction is between karmic determinations (if believed in), personal dispositions, thoughts, practical life possibilities, and not least this person's actions.... etc.

Different paths of personal and/or spiritual development allows for different "change options" - many of them leading upwards but in different ways. The Buddhist tradition is not the same as the Sufi tradition is not the same as the Christian tradition is not the same as the Hindu tradition etc. Although possibly with some overlap they make it possible to approach being a higher developed person in different ways.

However, my guess would be that many of them (all?) have states of consciousness that e.g. could fit into David Hawkins' level 450 at some point in their development course, although with different emotional, spiritual, bodily, mental, etc. qualities.

So, although David Hawkins' map of consciousness to me is a unique reflection of how human consciousness may vary at different levels it does not reflect the probably infinite states & combinations of feelings, thoughts, body sensations, spirit etc. that any given person may be at any point in time.

In the hope of quoting Eckhart Tolle correctly: When anything becomes a "form", like e.g. a map, it eludes what "is" in its infinite possibilities right here and now.

Also, here quoting Huston Smith (The World's Religions): The spiritual path may "be the most challenging task any soul can venture into" possibly because the new person appearing at a higher level of consciousness (or lower, if things go amiss) can be quite/somewhat unknown to the present day person ... and possibly is different whether this person chooses a buddhist, sufi, christian or ?? path ....

Life is indeed wondrous ...

Warm greetings

Jesper
Old 22-12-2015, 12:46 AM
Pathfinder

Absolutely love Hawkins' consciousness calibrations

I don't think anyone has ever quantified spiritual topics like he has

I figured out that all of my favorite songs calibrate at around 450, which is 50 points below Love/Enlightenment (500)
Old 05-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3m1
Power Vs. Force By Dr. David R. Hawkins is a book that changed my life. It is a study in applied kinesiology.

Has anyone else read this book or heard Dr Hawkins speak? He has written many other books as well, but this is the one that changed everything.

It is far more than a study in applied kinesiology.

I read the book years ago and still re-read parts of it from time to time. It provides an intriguing approach to spiritual evolution on a psychiatric grading system that goes way beyond psychiatry.

For all who enjoyed that book, you might want to read "Healing and Recovery" which describes the power of the mind in healing and includes some of Dr. Hawkins' personal experiences in healing some very significant health problems of his own.