Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 29-12-2018, 12:57 AM
Seeker

How can I chant for things I want

Is it possible?
Old 29-12-2018, 05:39 AM
Ascender

What you're talking about isn't really mainstream buddhism. The people to talk to about such things are SGI (Soka Gakkai international). It's a Japanese type of buddhism known as nichiren Buddhism.
Old 30-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Knower
What you seek seeks you, but won't appear unless you stop striving for what you want. The essence of true life is to live in faith. Faith trusts what life gives. Thieves take. Saints give. What you are looking for will never be what you strive to accumulate. You cannot 'get' the thing you really need. Rather, what you truly desire comes to you willingly. Simply let it be. Desire nothing and all your desires are filled. Give, and what you give comes back ten times more. What you take is taken from you. This is the secret of the aphorism: For every joy, there is a price to pay.

Flip this as a turning phrase: For every price you pay, a joy. Suffer on purpose to give. Take, and what you have is taken from you in suffering. Either way, you suffer.

What happens if you smoke? Health is taken. What happens if you go to the gym and suffer exercise? Health is given. Did you need the cigarettes or do you need health?

It's never what you say that arrives in a changed state. It's what you do.

"I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

Old 31-12-2018, 02:05 AM
Master
Why do you even want anything, when the act of 'wanting' and subsequent 'receiving' leads to even more attachments to drop, OR the act of 'wanting' and NOT receiving leads to bitter disappointment and suffering?
Old 31-12-2018, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThenextLew
Is it possible?

Chant in such a way you keep yourself flowing and clear. Find a chant that you enjoy, that resonates., that feels right for you. Then observe what life seeks of you and your self care is ready to move towards it if that’s right for you. The more clear and open we are the more we can flow in synchronicity and alignment to our being state that fits us.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
How can I chant for things I want
Is it possible?

Try chanting the Four Immeasurables instead:

"May all beings have happiness and the cause of happiness.
May they be free of suffering and the causes of suffering.
May they never be deprived of the supreme happiness which is without suffering.
May they remain in boundless equanimity, free from attachment to loved ones and aversion to others."

_/|\_
Old 13-01-2019, 07:11 PM
ImthatIm

"I want for no-thing."
7 times and you got it.