Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-12-2018, 01:45 PM
ketzer

From long before I was born, until long after I am dead.

I suppose it is helpful to differentiate between spiritual development and the practice of spirituality (a concept with countless forms). I look to spirituality hoping to find what I need to develop my spirit, but when I look back I find that which has developed my spirit the most (as far as I can know that) had nothing to do with the practice of spirituality at all. I am troubled. I am afraid and I am lonely. I seek love and peace and an end to my suffering. I think that life, and the living of it, develops the spirit, age does not matter. Who is ahead in the race to find God, the Guru or the Gardener, the Priest or the Prisoner, I really don't know.

Quote:
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven." Matthew 5:3 (KJV)
Old 30-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Pathfinder

[quote=Miss Hepburn][color=Black]Ah, but you are smart enough to know those
could be developed if you sat in silence and stillness!
Maybe you even sense they are there in you. Good start.

Thank you for responding to me, Miss Hepburn. Your words are so true. I've had spurts of ESP moments, but at this stage of my life I'm not interested in developing it. I feel spiritual when I'm outside, observing nature.

I've come to accept my body type. I'm a very hyper person. It's hard for me to be still, but my excess energy allows me to work out an hour every single day. Unfortunately, it's that same energy that causes my headaches. Negative energy, to be sure. That's why I'm here, trying to get back into a spiritual mode.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:30 AM
Master
35 seems to be a pretty good age.

buddha, mohammad, and jesus all started their spiritual super spree around age 35. Leonardi davinchi did too. Seems to be a trend.

20-25 also seems to be an important age for beginning. Most people have their first awakening at that age. but yeah most seem to become a "master" around 35 if they've been putting in a lot of time and effort. 10,000 hours to mastery.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Deactivated Account

It can start at any age. I remember having my first spiritual thought about age 12. I remember I got interested in other religions from the one I grew up with at 18. Then at 19 I had my first awakening. Now I am 25 and have had a number of what could be called awakenings. It is just a never ending journey.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Master

The first time here.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
My spiritual development began when I began questioning my christian upbringing and what I was taught as a child. That's when things really started taking off. As I shed the christian beliefs and adopted new spiritual beliefs. But I can't say enough for those christian-taught years. They gave me the foundation on which I could build. All was necessary to get me to where I am today.

Linen.... my experience is pretty much in alignment with yours...I was raised Catholic....but it never never resonated with me from childhood on.......honestly, even as a child it seemed like a bunch of ritualized nonsense.

But it did give me a foundation from which my own belief system developed over the years.

These days, I just don't have any use for organised religion and if it wasn't for my very Catholic wife occasionally dragging me off to church....I'd never go again. (and it bores the hell out of me when I do get talked into going!)

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 03-01-2019, 07:31 PM
Guide

I find it extremely hard to define an exact age. Plus how do we define spiritual development? I've always been interested in spiritual matters even as a young girl, but I wouldn't say I was consciously interested in developing spiritually. I suppose I became conscious of my spiritual path when I was in my late teens to very early 20s. That was when I began meditating and looking into different spiritual paths in terms of understanding myself and my life. It really kicked off when I was in my early to mid thirties as I devoted myself to my chosen path.

There's no age at which development starts to happen. It depends on each person and what their life lessons are.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:08 AM
Master
Whenever the time is right ..

x daz x
Old 11-01-2019, 06:54 AM
Newbie ;)

I remember being very very spiritual when I was little, lets say 4-8. I lost it for a lot of my adolescence until I was 16 or so.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:53 AM
Master
When we exhaust ourselves in the external ephemeral
Realising it brings about consciousness contraction
Only then do we turn our attention & priority to the internal eternal
Meditating and allowing consciousness expansion

Physical age of no consequence
Only spiritual age has relevance