Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 26-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Pathfinder

Lucid Dreaming: Is there more to it than meets the eye?

Wow. Just wow is how I have to start off this post. So my new area of interest is Astral Projection. I have gotten a few samples of books on my Kindle to see which one speaks to me. Last night I started reading one of them and really only got through like a page and a half before I decided I was too tired and had to go to sleep. I wasn't planning on trying AP or anything but I did put on the "Psybient" station on my music app Songza which is supposed to be psychedelic/ambient type music. Can I just say I had the absolute most incredible dream I have ever had! And I dream A LOT! Literally all I have to do is wake up and go back to sleep and I dream every time.

I will mention that I have been lucid dreaming since I can remember. That's when you feel like you are present in the dream and can control it to a point and make decisions. This dream started off in a fictional place I have visited in my dreams before. I also started off with my dog who disappeared for no reason at some point, I honestly think I didn't want her there because this was a scary, action packed dream with lots of death. Anyway, I have been looking for inspiration to write a story/book and this is it. My dream was dark and creepy, had realistic sci-fi aspects, suspense and plot twists, action and fighting (I was so bad*ss!), death of main characters to tug at the heart strings, a villian, and a main goal/outcome to drive the story.

The only thing I am upset about is I woke up before I could reach a resolution. I wanted to try and fall back asleep and hop back into the dream which I have done before but I decided to write it down instead so I didn't forget all the awesome details. I don't know about anyone else but the reason I was so upset this time wasn't just because it was the coolest/most fun dream ever, but also I kind of felt like I was in another world and I abandoned the people there before I could save the day. I know that is so unrealistic and out there but the fact that I've been there before, it was so real, and I truly felt connected to the people in it just really made me bummed and I feel like the villain won and everyone there is in trouble.

It's not that serious and I'll get over it but has anyone else ever felt that way? I am curious to hear about other people's experiences with Lucid Dreaming, and Astral Projection as well since that is my future goal. But could there be more to Lucid Dreaming than meets the eye? I'm just thankful for the awesome plot to write a story because my writer's block is extreme and I haven't been able to focus to get any ideas to go off of, and the universe basically let me act out my book in my dream.

So let's dream talk! I would love to share the story with you all, because it is that cool, but I would probably ramble and not make a lot of sense and it wouldn't live up to the hype I'm giving it. So I guess I'll wait until I can organize it better. Thank you for reading my craziness!

Old 28-08-2015, 08:24 PM
universoul_t

I have very similar experiences. I have even watched myself sleep as a child and young adult. I used to think I was insane and as I began to share my experiences with my grandmother I began to understand Astral Projection & other things I often experienced in my sleep.
Old 28-08-2015, 08:25 PM
universoul_t

& I am also a writer. BTW & i get A LOT of my ideas from experiences in my dreams.
Old 29-08-2015, 03:30 AM
Pathfinder

I feel blessed to be able to get to actually experience and kind of control entire stories in my dreams. It's beyond useful as a writer. And I just realized after writing this post and contemplating the subject the past few days that I believe I astral projected often as a kid. I had what I thought was the same reoccurring dream of being at the top of my staircase flying down to the bottom over and over again. I unfortunately don't remember more details of how I felt at the time but I have always been an out of the ordinary dreamer, as well as my mom. It's an extraordinary gift! In excited to explore it further.
Old 18-10-2015, 11:45 AM
teresa

I have these dreams as well while awake before falling asleep. With either my eyes open or closed. It s almost like a movie or cartune I'm watching in color. I've had these as long as I can remember
Old 25-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Master
Color

I'm thinking there is more to it than meets the eye, as some one new( I am also artistic and spiritual) I have an open mind and to me the feeling while Lucid was so much more than anything I can experience here on the earth plain.