Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 16-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Knower
Exclamation Natural Cure For Gallstones?

I've been told I have "sand" and "crystals" in my gallbladder that might develop into stones over time and then I will have to have my whole gallbladder taken out. I am going to go check it out on ultrasound soon, and I am afraid that the stones might be formed now. I absolutely don't want to have an entire organ removed, no matter how "non-mandatory" people think its use is, until I exhaust all other possibilities. Especially because I also have gastritis and atypical ulcerous colitis (inflammation of stomach and intestines), so I am pretty sure all of the conditions are mainly caused by stress, and they could be gone if I get rid of the psychological part in the future.

I am interested in hearing of natural remedies, diets, etc. that I can use to break down and pass gallstones. So far I've only been using liquid made of herbs that is supposed to push gallbladder to "work" more. It's been helping my digestion but not solving the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Anima
Old 19-12-2010, 02:07 AM
iolite

Anima...

Liver flushes will clear out the gallstones. If you google liver flush, you'll find many different recipes. Planetary Formulas has a supplement called STONE FREE that is supposed to break down stones.

You can also try mini flushes, which are essentially large bitter green salads with dandelion, chickory or any other bitter green with a sour apple like granny smith, I like adding radish and garnished with crystalized ginger to help offset the sourness. Top with 1/4 cup each of olive oil and lemon juice. If you eat one of these large salads daily, you will pass stones.
Old 21-12-2010, 03:36 AM
autumn

Barberry, balmony and fringetree are helpful herbs.

A liver/gallbladder flush may be helpful, but you do have a small risk of getting a stone stuck in a duct, or getting acute pancreatitis.

Are you looking for remedies for the psychological part, too?
Old 23-12-2010, 12:56 PM
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima
I've been told I have "sand" and "crystals" in my gallbladder that might develop into stones over time and then I will have to have my whole gallbladder taken out. I am going to go check it out on ultrasound soon, and I am afraid that the stones might be formed now. I absolutely don't want to have an entire organ removed, no matter how "non-mandatory" people think its use is, until I exhaust all other possibilities. Especially because I also have gastritis and atypical ulcerous colitis (inflammation of stomach and intestines), so I am pretty sure all of the conditions are mainly caused by stress, and they could be gone if I get rid of the psychological part in the future.

I am interested in hearing of natural remedies, diets, etc. that I can use to break down and pass gallstones. So far I've only been using liquid made of herbs that is supposed to push gallbladder to "work" more. It's been helping my digestion but not solving the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Anima

I know that drinking lots of apple juice, or eating apples - 4 a day - can help with breaking down gallstones, but I don't know whether this might be a bad idea for your colitis? I expect you already know to avoid all foods high in cholesterol, too. Hope you find something that works.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:36 AM
citrine

Organic Apple cider vinegar is a good remedy for Gallstone
Old 01-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Neely

I took this from a page about natural gallstone remedies:
Quote:
Vitamin C is key! In the fight against gallstones, vitamin C is gradually being understood as particularly effective. Vitamin C is used by the body to convert cholesterol to bile acids. With less cholesterol and more acids, the gallstone risk should be decreased. You can find vitamin C at your local grocery store or health store. It will also aid the immune system.

Can't add links yet, sorry.