Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinabody
i didnt claim to be exempt, i simply said i do not understand their comments on the video, nor the content of the video at that.
i dont see how myself whole heartily disagreeing with these actions in any case would make me the same?
unless theres some other point you are trying to make that i am not getting??

I don't want to come off as sounding mean or anything; but this is what I was saying to Morph above... we get all these big claims of end times and science proving prophecy right; yet when we ask for proof of these claims, we get links to spurious sources, jumbled information and Bible verses that really don't prove anything at all.

It is like I mentioned above; it is all fragmented information that is pieced together to make what one believes sound logical and true... but when the objective outsider looks at it and tries to make the claimed connection, it makes no sense or just seems disjointed.

And yet these guys will not even comment or look at any actual evidence that you share with them that makes sense and is scientifically or historically correct.... They just bypass it all and continue living in the bubble and blame what they can't explain away on the devil; and then load you up with scripture to prove that they are correct.

Go figure.....
Old 22-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter2Ego
ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

Below is a video of a recent bullying event on a school bus in which 13-year-old schoolboys spent a good 20 minutes humiliating an elderly bus monitor. Even when she started crying they would not stop (it will be the first weblink below). They made fun of her crying by saying she was sweating. All you could hear was the "F" word coming from these kids mouths.

This video is proof positive that we are living in the time of the end of this wicked system of things. The victim was interviewed on the Today Show on 6/21/2012 (the second weblink).

"{1} But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. {2} For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, {3} having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness," (2 Timothy 3:1-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12R9fMMtos&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=668AQoumzWo&feature=related

It's not a sign of the last of days. This type of mentality has gone on for a loooong long time. Now, thanks to the internet and social media sites news articles get blown way out of proportion and exaggerated to be bigger then they are. To where people like to add one to them to make them fit a "prophecy" of some sort of make them have bigger meanings then what is already there.

There is now a collection for this woman that has amassed a half a million dollars for her to retire and go on vacation. Is that part of the last days as well?

The last of days will be the end of fear based dogmatic beliefs that use fear to control and dominate and will be the beginning of a time where love is embraced. Where people can be free from fear and control. Where people are able to step out of the shadows and chains of being sinners and evil and moving to a place of love and freedom.
Old 22-06-2012, 09:21 PM
trappedinabody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
I don't want to come off as sounding mean or anything; but this is what I was saying to Morph above... we get all these big claims of end times and science proving prophecy right; yet when we ask for proof of these claims, we get links to spurious sources, jumbled information and Bible verses that really don't prove anything at all.

It is like I mentioned above; it is all fragmented information that is pieced together to make what one believes sound logical and true... but when the objective outsider looks at it and tries to make the claimed connection, it makes no sense or just seems disjointed.

And yet these guys will not even comment or look at any actual evidence that you share with them that makes sense and is scientifically or historically correct.... They just bypass it all and continue living in the bubble and blame what they can't explain away on the devil; and then load you up with scripture to prove that they are correct.

Go figure.....

you do not come off as sounding mean to me, i totally agree with you here.
this is why i dont stick to any one religion but instead keep an open mind
Old 26-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
I choose to look out of my window and see beauty in nature, and the Divine Spirit in all things. I choose to see that Divine Spirit in others and to welcome them as my spiritual brothers and sisters.

I just wanted to quote this 'cause I like what you said... the world takes on a whole new look when you see it this way.
Old 26-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Bluegreen

Here is a list which I am sure is not exhaustive of all the times that the end of the word was predicted but we are still here, aren't we?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...alyptic_events

For those who look forward to the 'rapture', here is the index:

http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html
Old 03-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Master
Signs In the Last Days

http://www.news.com.au/national/zomb...-1226415404449

"ZOMBASIA: Face eating attacks spread to China"

"The United States' Centres for Disease Control and Prevention was forced to deny there was a zombie apocalypse after Eugene's attack on a homeless man, and a US student murdered and cannibalised his room-mate.

Since then, a woman was investigated in Missouri, US, for attacking and biting her neighbour, while a Swedish professor was charged for cutting off his wife's lips before eating them."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 06-07-2012, 11:23 AM
hasbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
It's not a sign of the last of days. This type of mentality has gone on for a loooong long time. Now, thanks to the internet and social media sites news articles get blown way out of proportion and exaggerated to be bigger then they are. To where people like to add one to them to make them fit a "prophecy" of some sort of make them have bigger meanings then what is already there.

There is now a collection for this woman that has amassed a half a million dollars for her to retire and go on vacation. Is that part of the last days as well?

The last of days will be the end of fear based dogmatic beliefs that use fear to control and dominate and will be the beginning of a time where love is embraced. Where people can be free from fear and control. Where people are able to step out of the shadows and chains of being sinners and evil and moving to a place of love and freedom.

Yeah, it does seem like every generation thinks that the end of world is nigh.... but this time we're right!

I liked what Innerlight said:
Quote:

Why live in fear when you can live in love?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
http://www.news.com.au/national/zombasia-face-eating-attacks-spread-to-china/story-fndo4eg9-1226415404449

"ZOMBASIA: Face eating attacks spread to China"

"The United States' Centres for Disease Control and Prevention was forced to deny there was a zombie apocalypse after Eugene's attack on a homeless man, and a US student murdered and cannibalised his room-mate.

Since then, a woman was investigated in Missouri, US, for attacking and biting her neighbour, while a Swedish professor was charged for cutting off his wife's lips before eating them."

Hey now, I'm the zombie king around here; I love the movies, even wrote some stories about the zombie apocalypse.. I'm even one of those people who thinks a zombie apocalypse could be kinda fun in some ways.. as long as their not the kind of zombies that can run.

But do I think a zombie doomsday is going to actually ever happen?.... NO...

Honestly guys, all this mixing Biblical prophecy with Hollywood movie themes like the Matrix and Dawn of The Dead... Come on!!!!

You can't be serious.... can you?

But then again, maybe Mel Gibson really is Brave Heart and will save us all from the Matrix zombies with his mighty blade...
Old 06-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Ascender
…It shall come to pass, that in all the land, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third part shall be left therein. And It will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried...

The third part has been turned into silver but it is not gold yet, and it could still take a long time for that to happen.

mj
Old 06-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Master
Quotes

MJ, you may be taking what you quoted out of context, and, you ought to cite chapter and verse?

Meanwhile, I don't mean to state that wew are talking about, "Zombies", in classic fashion. It is the label the various media is using, but, nevertheless the crimes are actual, and if they are not demonic, then what?

MindsEye, I think they can run.

Anyway just more signs of the times.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein