Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Master
That's a perspective, Mind, that serves you for making you feel good. It's not based on objective reality, regarding the signs of the time.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
That's a perspective, Mind, that serves you for making you feel good. It's not based on objective reality, regarding the signs of the time.

Oh trust me friend.. I was a born again Christian for many a year, and I delved into Biblical prophecy as well as many other theological subjects for years and years. I was always prepared for the end and the soon return of Jesus Christ or the rapture... and then I noticed that all of the things that the well read after prophets and scholars never came to pass. Their big events that were going to spiral the world over into the last of the last days always fizzed out.

I remember when Jesus was returning in 1988... then 1990... I remember the embarrassing Y2k panic, and many, many, many more.... and none of it ever happened. I used to tell people that their thoughts were not based on objective reality regarding the many signs of the soon end... and I had loads of scripture that I used to say, "read like today's headlines in a newspaper." But again, we're all still here.

Then I found out that Jesus most likely did not even exist; and all of the historical proofs that I whipped out to show that he did were forgeries and documents that had been tampered with at a later date.

Then I found out that the Bible was a complete plagiarized version of the ancient Egyptian texts... verbatim my friend in many many places and even names.

So how sure am I that you will waste your entire lifetime collecting these bits of prophecy and trying to arrange them in a way that will fit into your theology and way of thinking?.... I'm Quite sure, because I was there once, it can be very hypnotic and even convincing; until you dig just a little deeper.

And how sure am I that these alarmists and doomsdayers will feed you this non-sense as fast as you can swallow it and put a wonderful Biblical spin on it so that you will snatch it up like a valuable morsel with wide eyes and bated breath; because it will be just one more proof that the hands of the doomsday clock are mere minutes away from midnight???? Again, I am quite sure, because I've been there and done that. I had many books and Biblical passages and historical references that looked rock solid on paper.. and I believed that the end was right at our doorstep... But I was fooled.

I just wish you could step outside of all that for a minute and see how all that causes an "US and THEM" mentality. Thus we sequester ourselves away from the wicked world and await some savior from the sky who will make all things right; yet we ourselves do nothing to better our world except hide away and toss out gloomy predictions and Bible verses.

I know this sounds harsh and is hard to swallow... but it is an endless cycle and web of deceit. I am seeing the Christian community recycling the same old arguments and prophecies that have failed way way back... and even through the 1970's, 80's and 90's that I remember hearing about growing up and reading about later in life. They weren't signs of the end then, nor are they now.

And when you get old and grey and pass away from old age... there will be folks who will recycle those same doomsday tales, and some people will believe it in the future generation. It's a trick that never fails to keep the sheep faithful and filling pews.
Old 22-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:

Oh trust me friend.. I was a born again Christian for many a year, and I delved into Biblical prophecy as well as many other theological subjects for years and years. I was always prepared for the end and the soon return of Jesus Christ or the rapture... and then I noticed that all of the things that the well read after prophets and scholars never came to pass. Their big events that were going to spiral the world over into the last of the last days always fizzed out.
I remember when Jesus was returning in 1988... then 1990... I remember the embarrassing Y2k panic, and many, many, many more.... and none of it ever happened. I used to tell people that their thoughts were not based on objective reality regarding the many signs of the soon end... and I had loads of scripture that I used to say, "read like today's headlines in a newspaper." But again, we're all still here.
? Mind, I am gaining close to 6o years old,,,I've heard and seen the same things you have. And..?
Yes, they were presumptive.
What does that have to do with what science is telling us today? And, objectively, the signs of the times?

So, are you saying that you don't believe in the Lord, the prophecies, and concerning His return, and the change of things back to original intent, nd according to prophecy?
Is this objective reasoning, or subjective of you?
Quote:

Then I found out that Jesus most likely did not even exist; and all of the historical proofs that I whipped out to show that he did were forgeries and documents that had been tampered with at a later date.
Then I found out that the Bible was a complete plagiarized version of the ancient Egyptian texts... verbatim my friend in many many places and even names.
So how sure am I that you will waste your entire lifetime collecting these bits of prophecy and trying to arrange them in a way that will fit into your theology and way of thinking?.... I'm Quite sure, because I was there once, it can be very hypnotic and even convincing; until you dig just a little deeper.
Sorry to hear that.
Got tired of the waiting and began to pay attention to the logic of this maya, matrix, and world? I see.
So, the ages of writings and prophecy, the datings confirmed in the archeological finds, have no pertinence in this logic and reasoning of yours.
But, regarding an enemy, and, an us and them mentality, you are demonstrating it.
As relayed in the parable of the sower, it is the world, the flesh and the devil... or, as described so excellently in the Wachowski's cinematic illustration,
"The Matrix".
Quote:

And when you get old and grey and pass away from old age... there will be folks who will recycle those same doomsday tales, and some people will believe it in the future generation. It's a trick that never fails to keep the sheep faithful and filling pews.
Or... you have become among the "inured", in your short lifespan...and you have been tricked.

...I am already old and aged. Nevertheless...
Quote:
"Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy.
But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy.
You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

Aren't you then among those who the parable of the Sower describes..?
(Luke 8)

" the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

(This short, temporary, and illusory life and world, Mind's)

"15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience. "

I urge you to reconsider.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Juanita

Cat

[quote=Mind's Eye]Oh trust me friend.. I was a born again Christian for many a year, and I delved into Biblical prophecy as well as many other theological subjects for years and years. I was always prepared for the end and the soon return of Jesus Christ or the rapture... and then I noticed that all of the things that the well read after prophets and scholars never came to pass. Their big events that were going to spiral the world over into the last of the last days always fizzed out.

And how sure am I that these alarmists and doomsdayers will feed you this non-sense as fast as you can swallow it and put a wonderful Biblical spin on it so that you will snatch it up like a valuable morsel with wide eyes and bated breath; because it will be just one more proof that the hands of the doomsday clock are mere minutes away from midnight???? Again, I am quite sure, because I've been there and done that. I had many books and Biblical passages and historical references that looked rock solid on paper.. and I believed that the end was right at our doorstep... But I was fooled.

I just wish you could step outside of all that for a minute and see how all that causes an "US and THEM" mentality. Thus we sequester ourselves away from the wicked world and await some savior from the sky who will make all things right; yet we ourselves do nothing to better our world except hide away and toss out gloomy predictions and Bible verses.

I know this sounds harsh and is hard to swallow... but it is an endless cycle and web of deceit. I am seeing the Christian community recycling the same old arguments and prophecies that have failed way way back... and even through the 1970's, 80's and 90's that I remember hearing about growing up and reading about later in life. They weren't signs of the end then, nor are they now.

And when you get old and grey and pass away from old age... there will be folks who will recycle those same doomsday tales, and some people will believe it in the future generation. It's a trick that never fails to keep the sheep faithful and filling pews.[/QUOTE

Loved your post......and am in total agreement with you.......there may possibly be a spiritual evolution of sorts to come, but otherwise it will be the same catastropes, tragedies, and cyclic events that have been happening since the beginning of time.......there are no "end times" as perceived by those who believe in it.....but that is a whole different subject.........]
Old 22-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
"Loved your post......and am in total agreement with you.......there may possibly be a spiritual evolution of sorts to come, but otherwise it will be the same catastropes, tragedies, and cyclic events that have been happening since the beginning of time.......there are no "end times" as perceived by those who believe in it.....but that is a whole different subject.........
There is no "end of the world" in the Bible either, juanita.
It is expressly stated, and by Jesus, that the days therof will be shortened, because if not, there would be no flesh saved. "Flesh, meaning not just human, either.
Who also stated that the events that are soon to encompass the world are like none that the world has seen, or, will ever see again.
In our day and age, and regarding global events, it does not take any imagination as to what this is referring to.

Everything is falling into place both in the human arena, as well as otherwise. All things being connected.
This is why many will curse God, as it states in Revelation, because they know in their hearts that He is, and, that He has power over all these plagues coming to pass.

I hope you cn be more objective, and come to see the Light.

And, Mind's? Concerning your statemensts to me earlier, concerning the "Calvinist" perspective;
as I was going over Daniel 8-12 again, I see Gabriel's words pertianing to these things involving the, "appointed", events and conclusion of things. "Appointed", stated more than once.

Old 22-06-2012, 06:15 PM
trappedinabody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter2Ego
[color="Navy"]ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

Below is a video of a recent bullying event on a school bus in which 13-year-old schoolboys spent a good 20 minutes humiliating an elderly bus monitor. Even when she started crying they would not stop (it will be the first weblink below). They made fun of her crying by saying she was sweating. All you could hear was the "F" word coming from these kids mouths.

that is such a horrible video. and to add to it, all of these people are commenting on it talking about how they would have hit the kids or how the kids should be killed for their actions... i agree these kids should be punished for this horrible thing but to do so with violence? i do not understand these people...
Old 22-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Master
trapped...it is a kneejerk reaction. The natue of the "animal", as stated to which humanity has "fallen" to.
You are not exempt.

We are all in the same boat.

"...for all have sinned, and fallen short of the glory of God."
Or, as S-Word refers to it...who we truly are apart from this space/time construct.

Old 22-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
? Mind, I am gaining close to 6o years old,,,I've heard and seen the same things you have. And..?
Yes, they were presumptive.
What does that have to do with what science is telling us today? And, objectively, the signs of the times?

And what is science telling us today; that Jesus will soon return and the world we live in is an evil illusion? No, that is not what they are telling us. Their findings coincide more with the metaphysical teachers of yesteryear than with your Jesus and the Matrix theory... I have no idea where you get some of these facts. ALL spiritual paths have pretty much taught that the material world is not the real world and more of an illusion of sorts. Your ideas just have a more fundamentalist spin on it and have been made to fit your religious beliefs.

So, are you saying that you don't believe in the Lord, the prophecies, and concerning His return, and the change of things back to original intent, nd according to prophecy? Is this objective reasoning, or subjective of you?
Sorry to hear that.

It is not objective to base your entire life on a borrowed myth and a Hollywood movie.

Got tired of the waiting and began to pay attention to the logic of this maya, matrix, and world? I see.
So, the ages of writings and prophecy, the datings confirmed in the archeological finds, have no pertinence in this logic and reasoning of yours.
But, regarding an enemy, and, an us and them mentality, you are demonstrating it.

I'm sorry morph, but archeological finds are disproving the Bible every day. Unless of course you read the Christian writers and listen to those who follow the faith... then they are making monumental discoveries every day. But then we can look at whats happening in the real world and see that this is not so by a long shot. Again I ask where you get your information from. The last time I asked you this you gave me a link to a spurious documentary. It seems you are doing just as I said; collecting bits of information from whatever source that will give you another patch to sow into your end time senario.

I am also stunned at the fact that you actually do not believe or even consider the facts and evidence that shows that the Bible was a rewrite of Egyptian spirituality. Facts are facts my friend no matter how much we want to invent a matrix around them and turn them into lies of some devil.

"The Matrix".
Or... you have become among the "inured", in your short lifespan...and you have been tricked.

I feel you have been tricked by believing in these borrowed myths that the Church of Rome tried to pass of as actual history. And yet the evidence is all around us that shows it was not.... But yeah, that was how the devil made it seem in the matrix. Where is Saint Keanu Reeves when we need him?

"Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy.
But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy.

I wish you well with that mindset... I choose to look out of my window and see beauty in nature, and the Divine Spirit in all things. I choose to see that Divine Spirit in others and to welcome them as my spiritual brothers and sisters. And if I run across someone who is really whacked out and evil... I just stay away from them.

To see everyone as my enemy because they don't believe in Jesus and some hollywood movie... that would be insane.

You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. .

I'm glad you liked the movie man, but please, is this really objective?

Comments in blue
Old 22-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Master
"the end of the world" and "the beginning of the world" are simultaneous and continuous.

no point in waiting for it. it's already happening. it's ALWAYS happening. it's ALWAYS been happening.

get used to it. LOL!

Last edited by Internal Queries : 22-06-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 22-06-2012, 08:40 PM
trappedinabody

Quote:
trapped...it is a kneejerk reaction. The natue of the "animal", as stated to which humanity has "fallen" to.
You are not exempt.

We are all in the same boat.

"...for all have sinned, and fallen short of the glory of God."
Or, as S-Word refers to it...who we truly are apart from this space/time construct.

i didnt claim to be exempt, i simply said i do not understand their comments on the video, nor the content of the video at that.
i dont see how myself whole heartily disagreeing with these actions in any case would make me the same?
unless theres some other point you are trying to make that i am not getting??