Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter2Ego
ALTER2EGO:
To my knowledge, nothing in my Opening Post or in any of my subsequent posts in this thread are expressions of my personal opinions.....

In a sense I guess that is true since you are simply repeating the positions staked out by Jehovah's Witnesses.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 04-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Alter2Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
In a sense I guess that is true since you are simply repeating the positions staked out by Jehovah's Witnesses.

B'shalom,

Peter

While you're busy doing your "I guess that is true" routine, perhaps you can quote verbatim the parts of my Opening Post (or any of my comments relating to hellfire) that demonstrate that I'm "simply repeating the positions staked out by Jehovah's Witnesses." Can you do that?

1st time asking.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
While you're busy doing your "I guess that is true" routine, perhaps you can quote verbatim the parts of my Opening Post (or any of my comments relating to hellfire) that demonstrate that I'm "simply repeating the positions staked out by Jehovah's Witnesses." Can you do that?

1st time asking.

Is it your contention that they do not??

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 04-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Alter2Ego

Quote:
Is it your contention that they do not??

B'shalom,

Peter

ALTER2EGO -to- RABBIO:

You can't answer my question with a question. Nope. Doesn't work that way. I asked you a direct question that you're now dodging. My previous question was based on the following post you sent me:

Quote:

B'shalom,

Peter

Based upon your statement to me in your above-quoted post, it's clear that your position is that only Jehovah's Witnesses contradict the false hellfire dogma. In reality, two other people in this thread raised the same objections that I raised regarding it, as follows.

1. Reverend Keith gave a very intelligent and detailed condemnation of the hellfire dogma on page 1 of this thread.

2. Hasbean gave a brief but equally intelligent condemnation of the hellfire dogma on page 1 of this thread.

I challenge you to ask Reverend Keith and Hasbean why they reject the hellfire dogma and whether their rejection of it is because they are Jehovah's Witnesses. While you're working up the nerves to question Reverend Keith and Hasbean about--as you put it--"repeating the positions staked out by Jehovah's Witnesses" I will watch for your answer to my previous question, which I will repeat below.

Can you quote verbatim the parts of my Opening Post (or any of my comments relating to hellfire) that demonstrate that I'm "simply repeating the positions staked out by Jehovah's Witnesses"?

2nd time asking.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan
The soul is who your are eternally, spirit is the place where God resides in you...

We are not made as animals were made. We are made in the image of God, and we are Re-Born in Christ. Animals are not.

Peace

Oh what crapola........animals have souls just as we do.......the "image" of god is spirit and we are all spirit......................everything is consciensness and everything is "aware" of their own "being..........

there is no such thing as Hellfire or an eternal hell.......there "is" a place on the lower levels of the Otherside, but it is only temporary......

don't quote your bible, because i don't believe that that book is any different than any other book about the history, myths, superstitions and stories of a people............ the man named Jesus is probably pulling out his hair to what you all have done to what he was "trying" to teach........
Old 05-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Master
Is hellfire a Bible teaching? Hell no.

When Peter asked if seven times was enough to forgive someone, Jesus said “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
ALTER2EGO -to- RABBIO:

You can't answer my question with a question. Nope. Doesn't work that way. I asked you a direct question that you're now dodging. My previous question was based on the following post you sent me:

Based upon your statement to me in your above-quoted post, it's clear that your position is that only Jehovah's Witnesses contradict the false hellfire dogma. In reality, two other people in this thread raised the same objections that I raised regarding it, as follows.

1. Reverend Keith gave a very intelligent and detailed condemnation of the hellfire dogma on page 1 of this thread.

2. Hasbean gave a brief but equally intelligent condemnation of the hellfire dogma on page 1 of this thread.

I challenge you to ask Reverend Keith and Hasbean why they reject the hellfire dogma and whether their rejection of it is because they are Jehovah's Witnesses. While you're working up the nerves to question Reverend Keith and Hasbean about--as you put it--"repeating the positions staked out by Jehovah's Witnesses" I will watch for your answer to my previous question, which I will repeat below.

Can you quote verbatim the parts of my Opening Post (or any of my comments relating to hellfire) that demonstrate that I'm "simply repeating the positions staked out by Jehovah's Witnesses"?

2nd time asking.

Did I say only Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hellfire?

Did I say that I believe in hellfire?

Did I even question the validity of the belief that there is no hellfire?

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Alter2Ego

Quote:
Did I say only Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hellfire?

Did I say that I believe in hellfire?

Did I even question the validity of the belief that there is no hellfire?

B'shalom,

Peter

ALTER2EGO -to- RABBIO:
You implied by your approach in your initial post that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only people who reject the hellfire dogma. Below are excerpts of the chain of messages that led up to where we presently are:

Quote:
ALTER2EGO -to- NANCYBOY:
I suggest you read my opening post in which I presented scriptural evidence that the word "hell" is a synonym for "the grave" of mankind. I also suggest you read the responses I gave others in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyboy
2. It's clear from your posts, and from your last response to me, that you have formulated a concept and invested in it to the extent that the only argument you'll now entertain is agreement with your position. You seem to have no interest in pursuit of the truth, but in pursuit of your truth--and that based on a propositional formulation that has outlived its relevance.

Quote:
ALTER2EGO:
I was under the impression that the "concept" that was "formulated" is the hellfire dogma. All I did in my Opening Post was present information regarding where the hellfire dogma came from, namely, the Roman Catholics copied it from pagan religions. Then in my OP I presented scriptures from the Judeo-Christian Bible that bring the hellfire dogma into question--from God's viewpoint.

To my knowledge, nothing in my Opening Post or in any of my subsequent posts in this thread are expressions of my personal opinions. I routinely direct people to the scriptures when I post something in response to them. I do this so that people can see that it's not about me or about them, it's about what Almighty God says in his inspired Word, the Bible.

The quote below is where you decided to insert yourself into the conversation between me and Nancyboy. In it, you drew attention to just the first sentence in my second paragraph. Your comment, with reference to that single sentence of mine, speaks for itself.

Quote:
Quote:
ALTER2EGO:
To my knowledge, nothing in my Opening Post or in any of my subsequent posts in this thread are expressions of my personal opinions..

B'shalom,

Peter

In your comment above, you ignored the objections raised against hellfire by Reverend Keith and Hasbean--despite the fact that their objections appear on the very same page 1 as my Opening Post. By targeting only Jehovah's Witnesses for your comment—you implied that the JWs are the only religious group that rejects the hellfire dogma.

Should I assume you're now backtracking in order for you to avoid having to question Reverend Keith and Hasbean, as you questioned me?

Let me know.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma

When Peter asked if seven times was enough to forgive someone, Jesus said “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

Especially since if I have such a problem with someone that I need to 'forgive them', that it's actually me that has the problem and not them. I can't understand this idea of God having to forgive people in the first place, that just makes God into normal flawed person like the rest of us. We project our imperfections on God. And then we end up fearing God, because we fear what we don't understand.

The best way to understand God is to let go and not understand. If hellfire is an issue, or others belief in it is, that's a sign to work on problems in myself.

Last edited by Seawolf : 05-03-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Especially since if I have such a problem with someone that I need to 'forgive them', that it's actually me that has the problem and not them. I can't understand this idea of God having to forgive people in the first place, that just makes God into normal flawed person like the rest of us. We project our imperfections on God. And then we end up fearing God, because we fear what we don't understand.

The best way to understand God is to let go and not understand. If hellfire is an issue, or others belief in it is, that's a sign to work on problems in myself.

Jesus had something to say about this too - before we complain about the speck in our brother or sister's eye, to first remove the plank in our own.