Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 25-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Aquarian

More specifically, Tarot cards are simply a way for the Law of Attraction to work, and answer your questions, in seconds. If you invoke spirits, you're doing it wrong.

Divination explained
Old 25-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Tarot is simply an instrument which triggers your own intuition, same as most of the divination methods. There is nothing supernatural or demonic about it.
Anything "dark" is coming from the mind of the reader.

I completly agree, I believe the movie "The Excorcist" by William Peter Blatty caused alot of this hysteria in divination.
Old 25-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Neville

Anyway, There are lot of people here, many my friends, and of course myself, who have used Tarot for many years and have had no adverse effects, I'm writing this , because i believe that postings such as the OP , might unneccessarily put people off a really good tool for developing intuition and even psychic ability.
Old 25-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Juanita

oh for heavens sake......IMO, there is no such think as demons and devils......just another religious "scare" tactic......what you experienced is called "catalepsy" and is the state of paralysis one feels when one has an OBE....
Old 25-11-2011, 10:19 PM
nightowl

hmm...if you are approaching tarot, which is just a tool, from a place of fear then you will bring fear into your spiritual experiences...seek always to do good in your intentions and fear and negative energy will have nothing to breed from.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:00 AM
thehermit

(apology ahead of time. i'm scatter brained and talking in circles)
I think spirits can play a role in tarot or divination if you have the ability to communicate with them. so i do not think it is not entirely impossible. also, some people do not know if they have have abilties anyway until they run into a particular situation. i would also add that ,yes, most tarot readers i know simply use intution...but that does not make you the most skilled reader or mean that you are doing it right. it simply means you're just looking at one topping on a peice of pizza.

i personally have dealt with spirits while using forms of divination. it went far more above my intution leading me to something or clairvoyancy. like i said, every one is different. there is not just one way to deal/cut these cards. and even if it is just intution... still try to ground yourself and take care of yourself spiritually.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehermit
(apology ahead of time. i'm scatter brained and talking in circles)
I think spirits can play a role in tarot or divination if you have the ability to communicate with them. so i do not think it is not entirely impossible. also, some people do not know if they have have abilties anyway until they run into a particular situation. i would also add that ,yes, most tarot readers i know simply use intution...but that does not make you the most skilled reader or mean that you are doing it right. it simply means you're just looking at one topping on a peice of pizza.

i personally have dealt with spirits while using forms of divination. it went far more above my intution leading me to something or clairvoyancy. like i said, every one is different. there is not just one way to deal/cut these cards. and even if it is just intution... still try to ground yourself and take care of yourself spiritually.
then it had nothing to do with divination but with you. Those fears or spirits would have manifested anyway if you had that "Gift". again divination is nothing more then a tool used by a human.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Master
ThoughtBroadcaster - I have to say that I agree with thehermit in that if you have psychic abilities and have a history of having the spirit world communicating with you, then you do have to approach divination with the awareness that grounding and protecting and having a complete positive attitude and energy while using things such as Tarot is important. Like nightowl said too, if you approach Tarot from a place of fear you aren't really setting yourself up for the most positive experience. If you used a hammer improperly you would likely smash you finger. Tarot is a tool; you just need to use it like it is designed to be used. If you're not comfortable using Tarot or any divination then find what does fall within your comfort zone.

Blackraven
Old 06-12-2011, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
oh for heavens sake......IMO, there is no such think as demons and devils......just another religious "scare" tactic......what you experienced is called "catalepsy" and is the state of paralysis one feels when one has an OBE....

Not nice Juanita...
Everyone is entitled to say what they think or feel about what they are experiencing (without experiencing rudeness of any kind in response) and if they don't know or understand it, then they should feel free to ask.
And i don't think it's too much to expect respect in a reply, even if you don't agree with what the OP is writing.
Your exasperation..implies the OP is ignorant for asking about such things....how did you become 'all knowing?'..... I apologise if I come across 'rude' to you, but these kinds of responses to people wanting to get information,are entirely uneccessary. Try some humility....have you ever thought, that what you believe could be entirely wrong?.....
Peace.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:37 AM
Etu Malku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtBroadcaster
i used to dabble with tarot cards and i was visited by demons. i remember a time when a demon visited me in astral form and i couldn’t move and it scratched me. can tarot cards attract such stuff? can demons or the devil give people powers without their consent? makes me wander if my thought broadcasting going very far is really a demonic psychic power. luckily i found someone that does exorcism which is the real deal.
Your situation is highly unlikely, any type of demon is an ancient archetype embedded deep within your psyche, not physically real. Divinatory practices such as the Tarot might possibly bring one of these archetypes into your consciousness, but unless you are deliberately bringing this form into consciousness for a long period of time, you are not going to experience anything physical from it, and even if you're deliberately bringing this form into consciousness . . . the chances of anything physically taking place is almost Nil Nada Zip.