Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Reading your starting post the phrase "Teach rather that I did not die by demonstrating that I live in you" came up in my thoughts.

Here is the Chapter, i hope you will enjoy the Reading as i did: Chapter 11: God or the Ego

As it does not have anything to do with the topic, it should, at least, correct the following statement:

Quote:
as A RANSOM for the many.

by explaining what is.
Old 23-11-2016, 11:21 PM
Master
What I don't understand is that passage "Ransom of the sins of MANY"

Did this really refer to only elect people who get into heaven for all time?

The Jews didn't even have a concept of getting into heaven. What was St. Matthew talking about?

And why was that generation only blessed with the presence of a messiah?

You start to wonder if Jesus died literally for every sin imaginable committed from the past and future (because that takes away free will) and it throws the whole thing apart if you believe in the 2nd Coming. Because if you have a second coming and everyone ceases to sin "supposedly" then why bother? None of it makes sense.

It only makes sense if Christ was putting forth his life on the cross as a way for souls out of their own self-inflicted suffering and karmic energy. An exemplified way of releasing the bonds of continuous karmic penance and lifetimes. This would go along with Exodus which originally meant "Liberation" - freedom for the people under Moses. In this case, the story of Christ is a way towards liberation for the soul (thus it is a more timeless or "eternal" covenant) whereas Moses was a story of a historical and psychological liberation.

Wouldn't the teachings of the Buddha also show a way out for people and their sins too?

I am just very opened minded about all of this stuff
Old 25-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Master
Well for one, we are to understand about the Sadducees, and the Pharisees, that one group belived in an afterlife, and heaven. That the other did not.
Meanwhile, it becomes apparent that Jesus and John were both affiliated with the 3rd seperate community of the Essenes.

What is very difficult about the Messiah's appearance among the Jews?

After the perfect Law was given through Moses, God's standard of righteousness, the Almighty established the atoning rituals for His people.
Which was evident during Jesus time.
The atoning sacrifice was brought to the priest to be sacrificed for sins upon the alter, in the temple.

This is the foundation involving Salvation.
For peace, and reconciliation with the Almighty, obviously involving conscience.
The sacrifice being the substitute target of judgement, instead of the individual who brought it.
The individual would leave knowing that because the Almighty's judgement was appeased, because He established this means of reconciliation, they were forgiven and at peace with Him.

What is very difficult? The Law is perfect... but, here in "the Matrix", and in this animal/mammal situation, people are not perfect.
Because of His love, God established this foundation, of which Jesus, as long prophesied, is both the chief cornerstone, and capstone of.

Shouldn't be that difficult. This is the reason and source of joy, for the freedom and liberation which the individual, you and I, have as believers and subscribers in Christ the Savior.

God had provided the Lamb of atonement.
Jesus knew this was His destiny for all mankind.

The holiday of Christmas approaches. We should rejoice with all the people of God.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Jesus has choosen this path.
God does not have anything to do with crucification, but with Resurrection.

The error which human make is, that crucification has happened. It has not. Only what God creates can happen, and so Resurrection has happened.
Old 27-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Master
Anyone can believe, and subscribe to anything, if they so choose. Here is the evidence though for God's will being accomplished for mankind, in Christ's atonement on the Cross, at Calvary.

Again, after the perfect law came through Moses, the Ten Commandments, God then established the atonement process whereby people could know they have peace with God. Were assured of God's favor.

Because? People are not perfect... but are reconciled with the Almighty through the atoning sacrifice; The establishment of God, and are assured thereby.

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you upon the alter to make atonement for your souls."
Leviticus 17:11

This is the foundation and established structure, of which Jesus is the "chief cornerstone", and capstone, both.

He Himself said, "The Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for the many".

We have the prophesies such as in Isaiah, also. "He bore our iniquities upon Himself, and by His stripes we are healed."
Written long before His atonement for mankind.

This was the destiny of the atoning and passover lamb of God, as He Himself stated.

This is the victory over the devil. Christ's righteousness, Who gave Himself for us, placed upon every believer and subscriber.
Ransom paid.
Redemption established.
And by the Almighty Himself.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-08-2017, 12:43 AM
Master
As I've stated elsewhere...

Really, the archaeological find of the Dead Sea Scrolls may surpass the Rosetta Stone in historical value and importance.
In that it confirms our modern Biblical translations of the old testament, including the messianic prophesies therein, as accurate and valid.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
As I've stated elsewhere...

Really, the archaeological find of the Dead Sea Scrolls may surpass the Rosetta Stone in historical value and importance.
In that it confirms our modern Biblical translations of the old testament, including the messianic prophesies therein, as accurate and valid.

You can scroll down to the Dead Sea Scrolls page, here...

www.biblicalarchaeology.org

Old 06-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Jesus has choosen this path.
God does not have anything to do with crucification, but with Resurrection.

The error which human make is, that crucification has happened. It has not. Only what God creates can happen, and so Resurrection has happened.

Isaiah 53:5 -
"He was wounded for our transgressions..."

Written centuries before the Savior's appearance on Earth.

Again...
After the perfect Law was given through Moses, the Almighty established the atoning rituals and practices for peace with mankind. Born of His love.
Because, people aren't perfect in this fallen situation of The Matrix.

This animal/mammal, organic and material situation...
In "illusory", space/time.

Yeshua, Jesus, is the atoning "Lamb of God", Who fulfilled God's will, in the atonement for all mankind.
As long prophesied that He would.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Deactivated Account
it is strange how this thread popped up just when i'm at the lesson with the at-ONE-meant.

Please explain to me what your view on God is.

And explain what you mean with:

Quote:
atoning rituals and practices for peace with mankind.

and explain

Quote:
s the atoning "Lamb of God"

and explain your view on

Quote:
fulfilled God's will

so that we can understand what you are meaning with it.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Master
I don't see a problem with what I've already posted, Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Isaiah 53:5 -
"He was wounded for our transgressions..."
Written centuries before the Savior's appearance on Earth.

Again...
After the perfect Law was given through Moses, the Almighty established the atoning rituals and practices for peace with mankind. Born of His love.

Because, people aren't perfect in this fallen situation of The Matrix.