Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmond
There is a beautiful documentary about crows on youtube, which shows them being incredibly smart, capable of solving many layered puzzles. I recommend watching it, if you find them just incredibly beautiful and mysterious like I do =)

Here is the link The Secret Life of Crows

A really common species of crow here is Corvus frugilegus, which I was able to capture with my dslr this summer. it was so beautiful circling around me, probably telling me to move somewhere else hehe.

Thanks Azmond, I watched the documentary and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's made me more interested in them and that picture is fantastic! I love that it was circling around you
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
The symbolic meanings of Crows/Ravens can differ greatly in various cultures/traditions.
So it is best to stick to your own tradition/folklore.

One day an “other-dimensional” Crow/Raven came to my energy-field and sang three times.
This, according to my tradition is an “ill omen” heralding the death of someone.

But I didn’t feel any ill feelings/sensations about it whatsoever, instead it was a Glorious Awakening to the Spiritual Source Essence on the level of realizing “Interconnectedness”.
All I felt was a kinship with the Crow/Raven, remembering long time associations as this Crow/Raven was so familiar and besides, - on one side of the family, we do have age old totemic associations with it.

Two weeks later my uncle passed away.
The Crow was his “Soulbird”.
Soulbirds carry the souls back to the “World Pole”, the World Tree.

The Raven/Crow is said to be the Sky-God Eagle’s helper.

My uncle was a son of that old mythological worldview, the worldview closest to my heart.

I didn't have any preconceived ideas about crows/ravens as I've never noticed or seen any until now which is good because when I looked them up I spotted the different symbolic meanings etc and how they differed so much like you say sentient. I too had no ill feeling or odd senses when I saw them I just thought they were beautiful. Seeing them where they were in the same place made me think they were just nesting there but then I started to see them at my home and felt there was a message maybe so while I'm still enjoying seeing them I'm taking more notice of everything about them just in case I haven't understood what the message is, if there is one.

Everything about them is fascinating. I'm absolutely loving the experiences you're all sharing about them
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Yes sometimes Crows take what they can to eat. It seems very sad that sometimes they will take small birds or fledglings, or eat other birds' eggs.
But then....many humans also eat birds' eggs. And buy chicken wrapped in plastic in shops.

My Crow has been eating roadkill recently. A poor Squirrel who didn't make it back from foraging in the orchard, but was hit by a car.

He came down for his sandwich this morning. He is not scared at all of me, which I find charming....but he is scared of laundry hanging on the washing-line! He seems to accept that I wear different colours on different days and sometimes stripes.... I imagined that might freak him out but it doesn't.

He follows me when I go out sometimes, stopping only at the boundaries of his territory and waiting for me to return! Today we came across each other when I took a last walk in the orchard. I sat in the grass, and he walked up towards me making beak-clicks. When I laughed, he flew into an apple tree and broke off tiny sticks almost....I think? ...playfully?
Then our ways parted -his to eat snails.
Mine to go home and cook dinner.

I remember seeing a magpie take a chick that was the last one coming out of a nest whilst mum sat on the fence waiting for it to fly to her and was literally heartbroken for her when the magpie swooped in and took it. It's just the way it is, it taught me something valuable at the time and I don't dislike the magpies because of it. I still love all birds in their own right but yes it is sad.

I love that you're getting beak-clicks, sounds like your part of its family now Beautiful experience and very humbling!