Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Quagmire

Yes... but in some way I do not know if we would have found an answer to the original question if we had kept us to it, because I have no memory of it being the truth or not and for now at least I get no information about it from above (or maybe I do but can for now not really understand it). If I could just remember all that I feel I really know...

It is always interesting to listen to people who hold a piece of wisdom. What do you know about re-incarnation?... I have thought a lot about this the last days.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Felynx

Re-incarnation is the process of ones energy recycling itself through different lives. When someone dies, they dont lose their essense, and most of the time they dont lose their personality either. Many of the more spiritually aware people have a much better chance at being able to choose when they next get born. Most spirits cycle right through without spending barely any time on the astral plane. Some people who choose to get reborn do it for many different reasons, so its all a matter of personal choice. Some people who have a specific job to do dont really get a choice, like me for example. Believe me I DID NOT want to get reborn in this day and age. I know a lot about reincarnation, so I guess you would have to ask more specific questions.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Quagmire

Yeah I did realize as I typed the question that it was kind of loose, but chose to go with it and see where it led to.

I do believe you when you say you did not have a choice about reincarnating on earth at this time and that you did not want it... I have the same feeling that this reincarnation was not of my choice. I also feel an extreme longing to get home and feel that it is mutual, that where I am longing to go some one is longing for me to get back. It feels like my soul is reaching out of my body to some place above.

The reason why I asked about reincarnation is that I read something about it not existing from someone stating to have the truth, but it only conflicted with everything inside me. And I am also interested in learning more about it, 'cause I do not seem to remember a lot about it.

Do you know your job? Have you always known what it was?

Is their a choice about how much you want to remember when you reincarnate?
Old 05-04-2011, 05:42 AM
Felynx

I know what work I need to do, though I cant really talk about it. There is no choice about remembering. You can try to influence it, but its really really hard. Ive forgotten ALOT, when I was supposed to reach a certain age and remember who I am.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:01 PM
CJ82Sky

bjoorka - i have ties to jeanne d'arc as well. when i was in paris i found every statue, chapel, etc. to jeanne and my sister kept asking this isn't on the map - how did you know this was here? and id shrug and just say idk i just knew.

what a tumultous time... but also one of great learning i am sure.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Quagmire

Interesting... do you think that you tried to influence it, tried to get as much wisdom with you as possible? how much of what you knew before do you feel you know now?

how does the concept of karma fit in when we talk about reincarnation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
bjoorka - i have ties to jeanne d'arc as well. when i was in paris i found every statue, chapel, etc. to jeanne and my sister kept asking this isn't on the map - how did you know this was here? and id shrug and just say idk i just knew.

what a tumultous time... but also one of great learning i am sure.

Amazing... To be honest in my case it is just a feeling that I get, though still a feeling that resonate through my soul, but I have no recocknition of anything specific. Do you remember anything specific about your ties to Jeanne d'Arc?
Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 PM
CJ82Sky

i can tell you i have no fear of fire or being burned on any level and have been burned this life and it doesn't phase me. nor does it really ever scar - not even a 2nd or 3rd deg burn from a year ago that turned the outer layers of skin crispy and hard like plastic as it burned off (glove got caught on wood stove door which went under and inside the glove and burned around my wrist). i remember battles and being on the front lines, and can get caught up in being a leader and need to remind myself to put my ego aside (this life). and i rode (horses) in battle but also would fight on foot. i have memories growing up in the countryside and then things dramatically changing as well. i have a friend who was a footsoldier in jeanne's army as well - she has a clear memory of falling through a log drawbridge type pass and breaking her back and being left for dead. rough times those were, indeed.

have you ever seen the luc besson movie joan of arc with milla jojovich and john malcovich and dustin hoffman? brilliantly done and romanticized some, but relatively accurate imo.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Quagmire

Why do you think that you have no fear of fire?

No doubt that it was rough times, but so has it been for human history in centuries before and after.

Yes I have seen that movie and would also say that "relatively accurate" is the right way to describe it. I do like it but feels it is missing something. I see at it like I look at the Harry Potter movies, fantastic made but not completely true to the story. I do not think that god ever left her as they are kind of saying in the movie. Also saw the making of it and with the research they made, I am surprised they called her Joan of Arc when it is clearly that she thought the name Joan to be something degrading that the english called her.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:46 PM
CJ82Sky

for fire - i have been burned and it was just a release from that incarnation to another. there is nothing to fear (for me).

rough times happen to all - at different times and lives and incarnations. that for me however was a particularly rough incarnation however, due largely to some past lives prior and soem large karmic debts to pay.

as for jeanne and god leaving her - god is whatever you choose to call him/her/spirit. jeanne did have issues with manicism, depression, and delusions and just like many of us on here have times where we have a hard time communicating with our guides, so did she at times lose touch with hers. they did not call her joan in the movie - jeanne is pronounced "zjhan" in french, not "jean" as it is in english. her people in the movie said the correct pronunciation from what i recall. the english in the movie called her joan (and accurately so).

hope that helps clarify things some :)
Old 06-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Quagmire

Do you figure you were her in a former life or maybe some one important (a leader) in her army? (though everyone in her army was important).

I find it really amazing that people can remember their past lifes! I have this here lifetime as a rough one... it kind of feels like it is sometime since I had a lifetime that was not rough (though it could also just be the mark this here lifetime is leaving in me).

To be honest I can't really remember what they call her in the movie, so you are probably right ;) Though the original titel do say Joan of Arc... that I have given some thought and maybe it is on purpose. Maybe from the directors view the movie was not meant to be a tribute to her or maybe he just didn't think about it... I don't know.