Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Reincarnation doesn't always happen right away. It could be days or it could be hundreds of years between incarnations. I'm on my seventh and my first was on Atlantis, so that means there must have been quite a time period between some incarnations.

Just curious...It seems like whenever I see people describe a past life, it often occurred during a widely known historical event. (Atlantis for example) I am not doubting you, but how come you never hear things like you were born in 1973, worked at a 7-11 for 10 years then got a job at a bankm, got married, had 2 kids, and died of cancer. Seems like a normal life to me, but never hear this in reincarnation accounts. Why would this be?

P ersonally want to be believe in reincarnation, but it is things like this that always give me doubts. I am not intending you are not accurate, but wantd to say my take.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Felynx

Memories tend to act in a way where the more impressionable and interesting it is to the person, the easier it is to remember. It takes a more experienced medium to be able to recall bland memories from a past life.
For example, you probably dont remember what happened in November, in whatever year you were four, but you probably remember more mentionable times of that year. Basic memory works very much the same as past life recollection. Im sure many people come across bland memories of past lives, but subsequently theres never much reason to mention them.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Greenslade

Some people like to think they 'were somebody' in a Past Life. It's as though there were a dozen Marilyn Munroes. While I was Atlantean I wasn't anyone special, and I remember a Past Life where I worked in a woollen mill. Being Marilyn Munro in a Past Life sounds more exciting a Past Life than a woollen mill worker. Somebody had to be MM, but it wasn't me :-)