Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Master
Suffering is totally unnecessary G.O.D. Thank you god however enough is enough. Amen. Sorry people I just have to vent. Cos it just ain't right to allow it to continue!.No matter how good or bad the individual is!. Suffering is wrong!.G.O.D. Amen
Old 05-08-2019, 01:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Suffering is totally unnecessary G.O.D. Thank you god however enough is enough. Amen. Sorry people I just have to vent. Cos it just ain't right to allow it to continue!.No matter how good or bad the individual is!. Suffering is wrong!.G.O.D. Amen

You seem to be telling yourself a story that suffering should not happen. You believe this story, but this story contradicts the reality that suffering is happening. When our story of how things should be contradicts what actually is, then we suffer.

We cannot remove the suffering of the world. We can remove the suffering within ourselves. If we find our own centre of peace and stillness and accept whatever happens in our lives, then we have lessened the suffering in the world. As long as we hold on to our own suffering then we are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Peace.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:11 AM
Master

There was a time when Adam as the only inhabitant of paradise began to suffer from boredom. This was the first understanding of suffering - in a very mild form of course. His only duty it seems was to dig the ground - a not very fulfilling occupation. We can presume that God saw this and so decided to add an (as yet) unknown quantity into paradise so that Adam wouldn't be alone.
As we also know God had a problem with planning and scheduling because when during those days of creating the 'world' he told mankind 'to be fruitful and multiply', Adam, as the first man was not yet in this 'world'. Therein lies the proof that proper processing, procedures and planning were yet to be developed.
So it be, Eve was introduced into paradise and Adam's boredom ceased. Not that much changed. The ground still had to be tilled but at least Adam had the chance to have a chat about things in general - about God and the World. In fact there wouldn't have been anything else to talk about.
Maybe Adam had to till the ground to grow his own vegetables, we don't know this, but with Eve at his side he at least didn't have to prepare them for the table, he could relax somewhat and sit drinking his honey and mead whilst Eve busied herself with her given duties.
Unfortunately there was this thing about the apple and the snake in the grass, the ultimate cause of suffering (apart from boredom) as far as we can tell. In Eve (it's always the female) the desire arose (probably prompted by God's words 'be fruitful and multiply) to start a family.
And there you have it - everything got so complicated and so suffering came into the world. As the centuries passed the chances of suffering for more and various reasons increased and mankind lost itself in its sufferings.
If we could get birth control to work maybe we'd get rid of all those nasty types we have all heard of and get back to basics (tilling the ground).
Old 05-08-2019, 10:41 AM
Deactivated Account

MattMVS7

"If you dwell upon limitations, then you will meet them. You must create a new picture in your mind. It will differ from the picture your physical senses may show you at any given time, precisely in those areas where changes are required. Hatred of war will not bring peace — another example. Only love of peace will bring about those conditions." Seth speaking in The Nature of Personal Reality

Any idea, thought, feeling, belief that has an element of limitation attached to it is not a truth. Even your idea of God. Everything that happens in your world begins within you whether you want to believe that or not...the fact that this is so should be liberating because it means we have control, we just need to understand how this works and consciously put it into practice. We then are victims no longer.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
You seem to be telling yourself a story that suffering should not happen. You believe this story, but this story contradicts the reality that suffering is happening. When our story of how things should be contradicts what actually is, then we suffer.

We cannot remove the suffering of the world. We can remove the suffering within ourselves. If we find our own centre of peace and stillness and accept whatever happens in our lives, then we have lessened the suffering in the world. As long as we hold on to our own suffering then we are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Peace.

What I'm saying is that if god is our loving father then why does he allow suffering. Suffering has no purpose other than destroying life. Life is sacred and beautiful. Amen
Old 05-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Master

@ MattMVS7
Quote:
A future, where all suffering is cured, goes against our soul's desire to grow
A future, where all suffering is cured, is the goal of our soul’s desire to grow.

@ utopiandreamchild
Quote:
It angers me that there's suffering going on in the world. I can't help but be angry at god for allowing it to happen. Why god?. Any answers?.
God also allows baby to soil its nappy. Anger only creates more suffering. Just clean it up.

Quote:
A future where all suffering is cured would be paradise on earth. My personal utopian dream and the one thing I would ask of god is to heal all suffering. Amen
Then Amen to getting started!

Quote:
if god is our loving father then why does he allow suffering.
Good question. So maybe use a question mark?

Maybe our loving Father simply forgot about His omniscient benevolence and by this unfortunate lapse, allowed suffering into life by mistake! Then upon realizing this mistake by a miraculously recovered omniscience, He then f’d-up again by failing to engage His own omnipotence to reverse it! After being worn-out by all these embarrassing mistakes, He rested on the 7th day, so we are stuck with it.

Quote:
Suffering has no purpose other than destroying life.
If suffering is part of life, but yet its purpose is to destroy life, that means suffering is destroying itself.

Then what is the problem?

Quote:
Life is sacred and beautiful.
Even though life includes suffering? That means suffering is sacred and beautiful.

Check out this dead give-away:

Quote:
Amen
Amen!

Old 05-08-2019, 10:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
What I'm saying is that if god is our loving father then why does he allow suffering. Suffering has no purpose other than destroying life. Life is sacred and beautiful. Amen

Life is sacred and beautiful, and it cannot be destroyed. The physical form will one day be destroyed and return whence it came, but life cannot be destroyed.

Two suggestions.

1) Stop thinking of God as a loving father figure who watches over us as children, and maybe consider God as Absolute Being which allows all things to exist.

2) Try considering Creation beyond the perspective of physical form. If we only consider the form aspect of Creation then we see paradox and suffering. If we consider all that lies behind form then we see magnificent perfection.

Peace.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:56 AM
Master
Think of it this way...

Without suffering, without negative experiences, there would be nothing to compare bliss, joy or positive experiences to...it all would just be taken for granted - but God gave us free will to either praise or blame Him for doing so.

See, there are already cures for cancer, for mental illness, for all of the diseases and sickness in this world...but the cost of a cure, is way beyond the means of common man...and I am not talking about financially.

It all depends on how much something means to you and what you would be willing to give up (sacrifice) to achieve it..you may need to give up animal proteins, dairy, wheat, corn, sugar, processed foods, artificial colours and flavours, tea and coffee (except green tea), only eat raw fruits and vegetables, drink 3 litres of water daily, meditate and visualize for 2-3 hours a day, limit exposure to all pollution ( chemical, RF, Microwaves, noise), live out in the country, grow your own organic produce, don't use deodorant, perfume, soap, body wash, cleaning products.. don't use computers, mobile phones, TVs etc...could you do it?

If it was going to save your life, or extend it for 10-15 years if you have a terminal illness, COULD YOU DO IT?

Most people, over 90% of people in the modern world could not do all of this to save their life...they would much prefer to die in comfort, subject to all of those diseases which already have a cure, but the alternative to death...what it takes to be healthy, happy and extend life is just way too MUCH for them to handle...to get out of doing what they are used to...what they have been conditioned all their life to be used to ..

So, God goes "Just how bad do you want it? Show Me!
How bad do you want to live and what are you prepared to do about it?
How bad do you want Enlightenment? I don't just give it out to every random human for curiosity sake...you must EARN it...WORK for it...DESERVE it!
Oh, you don't think you should have to do anything because you believe your birth entitles you to immortality by default? Well, I have NEWS for you!
So, go ahead and blame Me because YOU don't want to put in any consistent effort...but I am used to that...I allow suffering to see what you all are made of!"

....and that's the answer I get whenever I speak directly to God about it.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Think of it this way...

Without suffering, without negative experiences, there would be nothing to compare bliss, joy or positive experiences to...it all would just be taken for granted - but God gave us free will to either praise or blame Him for doing so.

See, there are already cures for cancer, for mental illness, for all of the diseases and sickness in this world...but the cost of a cure, is way beyond the means of common man...and I am not talking about financially.

It all depends on how much something means to you and what you would be willing to give up (sacrifice) to achieve it..you may need to give up animal proteins, dairy, wheat, corn, sugar, processed foods, artificial colours and flavours, tea and coffee (except green tea), only eat raw fruits and vegetables, drink 3 litres of water daily, meditate and visualize for 2-3 hours a day, limit exposure to all pollution ( chemical, RF, Microwaves, noise), live out in the country, grow your own organic produce, don't use deodorant, perfume, soap, body wash, cleaning products.. don't use computers, mobile phones, TVs etc...could you do it?

If it was going to save your life, or extend it for 10-15 years if you have a terminal illness, COULD YOU DO IT?

Most people, over 90% of people in the modern world could not do all of this to save their life...they would much prefer to die in comfort, subject to all of those diseases which already have a cure, but the alternative to death...what it takes to be healthy, happy and extend life is just way too MUCH for them to handle...to get out of doing what they are used to...what they have been conditioned all their life to be used to ..

So, God just goes "Just how bad do you want it? Show Me!
How bad do you want Enlightenment? I don't just give it out to every random human for curiosity sake...you must EARN it...WORK for it...DESERVE it!
Oh, you don't think you should have to do anything because you believe your birth entitles you to immortality by default? Well, I have NEWS for you!
So, go ahead and blame Me because YOU don't want to put in any consistent effort...but I am used to that...I allow suffering to see what you all are made of!"

In the eyes of the god, I’m not sure it’s about god allowing. The process of human development learns as it goes through everything. Choices become more choices, seeing more means seeing more ways the whole of life is. Our limited perception is reviewed continuously through an ongoing process of opening g to more. A child born into wholeness who’s not conditioned but nurtured through its own openings, beyond human conditioning, can understand through complete eyes, the nature of what is. Most spiritual seekers see through eyes of seperation so it’s in these views of god allowing, it becomes more about, i allow until I see more, I act when my inner wisdom wants more, I listen to the truth through my process ongoing to know all this. Allowing can simply means we let go into what is, let the process within all that ‘I am’ show me more.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:42 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Think of it this way...

So, God goes "Just how bad do you want it? Show Me!

Even if there was some cure that already exists, so many people are unaware of it. If god is offering some opportunity for people to relieve their illnesses, then many people are unaware of this opportunity. Even if these people were aware, some people can't do it. Not because they're too lazy and unwilling. But, because they literally can't do it. For example, imagine some diseased, poor, starving people who don't have the money and resources to take up god's offer.